Deer poop as food for life

how hot is it… can it be used…like if i augg a hole about 18" dropped some in , put same dirt back in… add clone… add so much LITFA… hmmmm.

1 Like

So long as you have a few inches of milder material between the clone roots and the deer poop - should be OK. The older it is the cooler it is.
Remember - deer like weed…

Cheers
G

2 Likes

i know … was chatting with some today…(they didn’t talk back) Im thinking in wild blacberry patches with maybe a tomatoe shield thingy upside down… or not… and deer need to nibble not eat them as im coming back in november…gonna do some spots now see how the weather is in august for planting…

3 Likes

After you plant, pee all over (this works so long as you are a meat eater), especially game trails etc. That will help discourage them for a week or two.

Cheers
G

1 Like

Yeah the cage should do wonders. I always broke up a bar of soap and put that around my plants as a deer deterint, put it a few feet away though. Hair, any kind of chemical fungicides or pesticides work as well. Just sprinkle outwards around the plants. It works great and as Gpaw said pee around them too as a top off

1 Like

hmmm no meat eater here… chicken, turkey, fish… kinda guy …is that enough…
or do I need some lamb/goat in my diet…I eat those rarely…
beef, pork, not at all…
I’d eat some deer if its not ground up…

1 Like

Liquid fence was the only thing that worked well for me outdoors, years ago. I peed all over when I went out. Tried dog hair. Took my dog with me so he could pee. It all worked OK afir a week or so, when I found my plant pushed over by deer, I got liquid fence. I didn’t have another problem. I’ve also heard you can block the path with fishing line. When they run into something they can’t see it scares them off.

For the record, if bacon (try turkey bacon if that is your thing) is ground up with the venison it can be made into some awesome bacon burgers, especially when grilled. :drooling_face: All of a sudden I’m hungry. Organic meat is awesome.

2 Likes

you intuitive mofo…;)… yes its the fat used in the ground up venision that makes me say no… got to find a processor, when I punched the clock always was a hunter about.

1 Like

I learned when we were both in college. The first processor I found was the one that taught me. I wouldn’t trust anyone else now. I always know it’s my deer, and that it has been aged and done properly. :wink:

3 Likes

i have not use deer poop as you put it i would not think it would be to hot they eat bushes and acorn for first to be safe collect some let it age a while then use it probaly will need to add some nitogen. good luck i stick with cow manure find a lot more in 1 place.

2 Likes