Deficiency or Burn?..

These are 7 weeks old. I’ve already transplanted them all into 2gal & 3gal pots with a soil mix of: miracle gro organic, happy frog, perlite, vermiculite, manure, bat guano, and bone meal*. I’ve only given them Big Bloom and CalMag at about 20% the recommendation…once at about 6weeks, and again when I transplanted them a few days ago…Also, I have a Viparspectra 100w LED at like 18in-20in distance. Any help would be appreciated!..:+1:t5:

6 Likes

I see slight tip burn. Young seedlings can be sensitive… If you are not using this soil mix regularly, maybe you have just mixed it too hot (e.g. too much manure)…

Also I don’t see a point adding Bloom solution now in veg phase.

9 Likes

Thanks dude. This is my first grow & I didn’t think the soils had enough nutes in them. How would I fix this then?..Transplant to new soil?JUST water for a week or so?..Also, 2 of the plants are suuuper small compared to the others…do those 2 need more nutrients? Or are they being “locked-out”?.. thanks again!:raised_hands:t5:

2 Likes

I am thinking soil too hot

I’ve done this myself I get like a mad scientist
When mixing soil
I burnt an entire crop that way
Less is best and also let the soil cook for a wile as well

I would just use plain ph’ed water a good flush can’t hurt Hot soil can cause lock up

Also
Soil mix will last a good month or so , no frets needed
Paps

6 Likes

Thanks dude!..So, how long do I JUST use water for?.. I last watered 2 days ago(with ONLY ph’d water), and I typically water every 2-3 days…tomorrow is my next watering day. Thanks again🙏🏾

3 Likes

Hi bro I would just do ph’ed water for the next 2 or 3 watering you’ll see if it’s helping or they need ferts the plants will let you know if there is an issue also sometimes they need time to react ,
Also you need to know when to just leave them along

Stay a way from bloom fertilizer they need more veg fertilizer now

4 Likes

Fashoo. Thanks man✊🏾

3 Likes

You can water really heavily to the point of runoff for a bit and that will flush the excess from the soil. Let things get back to normal and then start lightly supplementing. You built up too much nutrition in the beginning. Repotting would be ideal into some soil without additional fertility. It is hard to know where we stand currently. Maybe check the EC of your runoff? Im not sure on the numbers to be looking for.

4 Likes

I agree with all our brother’s said, I think you went a little heavy with all ur soil inputs, and then fertilized as well. I GET why you added big bloom now, but, like they all said, save the nutes with higher P and K than N , for when u went those ladies pumping BLOOMS out, which is NOT now. Since u got hot soil, like Paps said, pH’ed water, but DUDE, you aren’t that bad off. Just practice LITFA and water when the top inch or so of soil is dry. I go by weight, I lift the pot up and feel it, but you gotta do that A LOT, like ALL THE TIME so you get how it feels when you JUST watered or how it feels RIGHT BEFORE you water. I straight tweak on my plants and STARE AT THEM CONSTANTLY and if you can get that going, its hard to miss the changes they experience.

Good luck family

4 Likes

Thanks my dude👍🏾& My runoff is usually around 7.0.

1 Like

Fashoo. Thanks bro! :raised_hands:t5:

1 Like

Here they are earlier today…after JUST watering with ph’d water. Also, I’m tryin out LST on 3 of the plants… btw, I’m finding holes in the leaves and one plants leafs blade is almost completely eaten off(it looks like) but I’m seeing NO BUGS…even with this cheap wifi microscope i got online. I have a fly trap strip and sprayed the plants with water/a tiny bit of soap…also, I just ordered some safe insect repellent/killer that should be arriving tomorrow. But other than that, thanks for all the help Y’all!..:raised_hands:t5::+1:t5:

What’s up everybuddy!..These are my plants yesterday after watering…They’re 8 weeks old now, I’ve just watered with ph’d h20 the last few times which seems to have subdued the burn and isn’t showing symptoms in the new growth. So hopefully after another ph watering, I can start to ease in some nutes…but what i’m wonderin NOW is, if i have a sneaky ass bug problem or if my lights and/or fans are too high. Also, if the new symptom of yellow spots are a different problem?.. I zoomed in on the affected areas… lemme know what you all think! Thanks :pray:t5:

This looks like thrips damage to me, they hide themselves and are difficult to spot … :sweat:

1 Like

I kinda had a hunch it was…just needed some reassurance :+1:t5: Thanks buddy… Neem Oil is the way to go then, riight?

I would use Spinosad, try to defoliate the affected leaves and repeat the process days later until they are gone … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Just what @George said. Other then that your plants look nice and healthy! Another successful overgrower on their way to some quality bud. Keep up the good work @Newblowskii!

3 Likes