Anyone have any idea what happened here?

I woke up this morning and found my lone amnesia × og looking like this. Nute burn? Light burn? Maybe potassium lockout or deficiency? Plant was doing fine and I started feeding her mega crop V.2 at they’re recommended ec 4 days ago. Calibrated ph pen and measured nutes and runoff and nutes were 5.8pH and runoff was at 6.1 ph, so I don’t think it’s a ph issue. I have her under my old apollo burple led for now and i raised it so it’s about 14" above the plant. I did a small “flush” with 1 gram per 2 liters of maxibloom with 1 mil of calmag added just in case. I’ve been using my tap water since it tested at 150 ppm, but have not been adding any extra calmag. I ran this particular plant before in soil and had problems with her then to. Very picky and displayed signs of nitrogen toxicity even at very low nute doses. I would like to save her, but will cull her if it becomes to much of a hassle. So what do the OG’rs have to say? Appreciate the input.

7 Likes

I vote for nute burn; light burn would be higher up, imo. :thinking:

:evergreen_tree:

8 Likes

Maybe I should’ve gone half of the recommended mega crop ec then?

4 Likes

It wouldn’t hurt to skip a feeding & just use water once or twice & then dial back the feed a bit at your discretion. 1/4 to 1/2 strength MegaCrop works good for me.

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

I’ve never had nute burn from megacrop that gets that bad and I feed 5g/gal to seedlings… I’m thinking a pH issue or salt build up…

6 Likes

Found your problem … wayyyy too much maxibloom

You said you added a gram/2l of maxibloom.

Considering a gram is about a tsp and that chart is for tsp/US gal… you added almost double a mid flower dose of maxi on a small veg plant

7 Likes

I’m in coco so I feed with some ec every watering to about 15-20% runoff.

3 Likes

I follow the kiss method with maxibloom start to finish. It calls for 7 grams to a gallon of water. I usually do 5 grams to 6 liters unless I have a plant that gets extra hungry. The burn happened after transplanting from a solo cup and watering with mega crop for the first time. I went and flushed with maxi after noticing this issue. It hasn’t progressed after doing this.

1 Like

I literally just pulled that off their website… You asked for explanations… I can tell you my plants eat megacrop like it’s candy and have never had any burn issues…

Just giving my advice yo

6 Likes

I appreciate your advice, I was just stating the burn occured before I fed with the maxibloom.

5 Likes

Looks over watered to me. Let it dry out more between watering.

4 Likes

I’ve something similar happening with my 2 glueberry og plants. It’s deff not nutrient burn as all plant only get 800ppm megacrop. They getting plenty of magnesium from Epson so I’m leaning towards calcium deficiency. It’s all old growth though luckily.

6 Likes

I’m thinking the same thing. I’ll give a little cal/mag tonight when I feed her. Thanks for posting that pic. It put my mind at ease lol!

5 Likes

No worries @SeymourGreen. Just be aware that if the calcium levels because of ph issures are not in check other elements will be locked out. Soil/compost growing is way easier for lazy people like me so I’m leaning towards just buying compost and perlite mix and learning to live with the smaller yield. Nothing is ever easy is it? :rofl:

6 Likes

Tell me about it! I think about going back to soil everyday lol! The growth in coco though is just awesome when it goes right. I ph nutes and check runoff every feed and I was at 5.8 on nutes and 6.1 on runoff, so I don’t think it’s salt build up and the burn started right after the first feed, which was with the mega crop. I usually use ro water and add cal mag, but I switched to my tap water since it was right at 150ppm. I didn’t add extra cal mag though because I assumed the water had enough in it. Luckily it hasn’t progressed to the new growth. I’ll add another mil of cal to the water tonight and seen how she responds. Thanks for the help, it’s appreciated.

2 Likes

As long as it’s not on new growth I’d not stress. Coco is quickly becoming the biggest problem for me. It’s to finicky. Precision is key. That’s deff not for me. I’d rather just add plain old non PhD water to compost and live with what it gives me. It cuts your nutrient bill down as only water needs giving for 1st 4 weeks then just feed bloom nutrients for the remainder. My life’s too busy to mess on adjusting stuff daily. I’ve just bought an autopot system so I’ll give coco another try and see how it does. If I don’t see the results I’m gonna just use compost.

2 Likes

Scroll down the page on here and look at the pictures of the leaves.
They look kind of similar to me.

2 Likes

They look root bound as well. They have way overgrown those pots

2 Likes

This will be my fourth run in coco and I always have a rough start for some reason. After about 3 weeks things start falling into place and it’s a thing of beauty lol! I netted over 10 zips from three plants in a 53" tall tent with a 250 watt led last run, so I’m hooked for now. It is definitely a labor intensive style and sometimes find myself feeding plants at 3 in the morning because they’ll be dried out if I wait till 9am. I’d like to invest in a drip system or something so I can have a little bit of a life outside my garden lol!

2 Likes

She could use a re potting but I’ve already had 2’ tall plants in 1 liter containers that were healthy as anything. Just a pita watering every 3 hours lol! In coco that is.

1 Like