Delays in mail delivery: your reports šŸ“­

Yeah local/ international mail for my end of South East Ontario, Canada has been hit/miss. I litterly just check the mail daily now. IF I get something, Awsome. IF I donā€™t, well there is always tomorrow. I donā€™t bother wondering anymore if somebody sent something or if something I ordered got lost.

Either Iā€™ll get a refund in a few months when it doesnā€™t arrive or Iā€™ll have it in my hands during the same time frame lol

Whenever I do receive something from someone, I always contact them so they know itā€™s arrived safeā€¦ :wink:

Its funny, Iā€™ve got a envelope from Down south US faster then I got rubber washers from Amazon.ca haha

4 Likes

All this talk about mail, I watched a tracked package I had ordered from Florida on the 27th of Jan to Illinois take a scenic route. It made it to the local big depot fine, went from there to up by Chicago float there a few days back to my local hub then off to Des Moines for about a week of bouncing around and finally lost interest in checking the tracking and finally received it this past friday

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got some seeds sent by Killa-Beez for a contest that were accepted Jan 9th and never moved. It now says ā€œOrigin Post is Preparing Shipmentā€

1 Like

it took me a long time to get my seeds form Killa-Beez also, but they eventually got here. Most of the delay was after they got to the USA though.

1 Like

I had another order shipped by them Jan 26 that arrived in under 10 days lol. Not really stressing the lost one. Was a contest, so not like I had any skin in the game. Hoping they get moving and arrive by March, but if not I have plenty of other stuff to play with.

I sent a padded flat rate Priority Mail envelope on December 23. It was last scanned on December 28th. Iā€™ve opened a case and the reopened the case when it was closed without answers. The postal service is telling me to file a claim, but the envelope was only insured for the standard $50 that comes with USPS Priority Mail. Unfortunately, the value of the content was over $600. I actually think it was stolen by a postal employee - why else would it disappear?!

3 Likes

Strange my seeds from them are doing similar. According to royal mail they made it to Canada, back to UK back to Canada and attempted delivery all in the same day lol

3 Likes

Wth thatā€™s messed up. I had to wait 2 months for seeds from spainā€¦ :palm_tree:to face. By the time they got here, I was surprised they even made it. No tracking either. Each pack is priced at 170 usd. 8 of them. All arrived. That was a nerve racking two months.

3 Likes

I bet it was! :grimacing:

1 Like

I ordered some glass that was sent usps ground flat rate and it zig zagged across the country for a month, when I got it was the wrong size fml. I agree with other posts just use priority and be patient.

1 Like

Last December I had a priority tracked package lost in Detroit. My post master personally called them and had them find it. I got notice it wasnā€™t found yet for a year. It had been scanned leaving Detroit, arriving at my PO and delivered at my home. I donā€™t have much faith getting mine one first class and the other tracked and a third lost to another person. All going thru the CA facility mine was last scanned at.
Strange all my Amazon packages using UPS/USPS seem to be making it here with 1 day delay at the most. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Yeah I bet I could throw some stamps on the fucker and it would be there quicker then tracked shipping RN.

2 Likes

Glad to hear Iā€™m not the only one experiencing this! Had two packages sent out to me by a kind and generous overgrower from Michigan over a month ago and they still havenā€™t gotten here. I havenā€™t given up just yet, but itā€™s making me nervous to do further seed stuff via usps cause I donā€™t want to risk rare beans going missing.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t hold your breath if they went thru the Detroit facility. I too am waiting for over a month to receive a package into Michigan. It is known here by postal workers as ā€œThe place packages go to dieā€. If it goes thru Pontiac it would only be delayed like the rest of the country.
Than there is: The United States Postal Inspection Service said mail theft is on the rise!

4 Likes

Took 6 days from MI to VA but all is well

11 Likes

I might have the record for slowest delivery time of a USPS Priority Mail tracked package. Mailed on December 23 and delivered February 25 (today).

12 Likes

You got me beat. At least you did get it

3 Likes

Received a clone today from Cali took 2 days but I had to ā€œpay to playā€ large! :pleading_face:

1 Like

I ended up getting mine. Sent Jan 9, received Feb 20. Other pack I bought from them was like a week lol.

2 Likes

They got it back and are re sending lol

1 Like