Covid19 and it's effect on shipping time

How is the Virus effecting the shipping time in your area?

For me USPS 1-3 day packages are taking almost a full week for delivery.

3 Likes

The USPS has slowed down considerably, but so far FedEx and UPS are still running somewhat smoothly in my area.

1 Like

What about 3 months from us to Scandinavia :rofl::fist:t3::fist:t3:

4 Likes

I had a priority mail package that was supposed to be delivered in 2-3 days take over a month, and in the meantime I watched it bounce all over the country in a nonsensical way that was almost amusing, but it finally made its way to me. Be sure to file a missing mail notice with the USPS if your packages are taking longer than normal - that will sometimes hurry up the process a bit, or at least it makes you feel like you are doing something about it in the meantime while you wait

5 Likes

Not anything unusual shit if the couriers could get their shit straightened out instead of backtracking all the damn time it would be great! @Northern_Loki sent beans my way Awhile back before covid and I think they traveled like 3000-4000 miles before they found their home!

3 Likes

usps is taking ~two weeks to get packages to me. stuff will get to the main hub around here and then get sent two states away for some reason. a glg order (for reference, glg is about 3 hours drive from me) took over two weeks to get to me. i ordered seeds for the veggie garden and they took over two months. sucks, they were the undisputed champ before the plague
ups and fedex are operating normally around here. ups is my post plague go-to. fedex still sucks but they are quicker than usps

1 Like

Maybe that has something to do with it

6 Likes

Well I just recently sent money and received my package, all domestically in the US, and the entire process from me placing my envelope in the mail took 10 days.

Sorry many of you are experiencing issues, just wanted to post to show that not all packages have slowed.

2 Likes

Here in the southern us i ordered some seeds from the UK and they made it here in 8 business days.

1 Like

Shipping beans across Canada is still about 5-6 days Canada Post for me…shipping to US tends to take about 2 weeks…Canada Post.

1 Like

Not wanting to get on my political soap box but, I just can’t believe what is happening in this country right now. It blows my mind.

1 Like

Yeah lets leave the politics on Facebook lol.

2 Likes

I wish we could just leave USPS out of politics. It’s a service I really value. If my choices were only UPS or FEDEX, I wouldn’t still be sending anything to people on this site. If USPS gets killed, my days of sharing will quickly be at an end, and that would be pretty sad.

8 Likes

The cost cutting changes are needed, I’m sick of seeing billions a year funneled into something that was from it’s inception to support itself. The USPS is bloated with lazy people they can’t fire.
That being said I got packages from the other end of the country in 2 days, arrived before the expected shipping date.

Hell Canada Post uses blind deaf unicorns to carry the mail lol been waiting close to 3 months for a package

4 Likes

Anyone else besides me uses pirateship.com to save on USPS shipping labels?

1 Like

The USPS is now in the political arena. Americans will lose. End of story.

5 Likes

Just sad. I’d send a sympathy card, but, you know.

4 Likes

That’s what happens when you order from Jordan of the Alcatraz island.

right I sent a mail by priority paid extra took 10 days to get there while another shipped to me 1st class mail with tracking and it got here in 3 days. Seems like someone wants to make sure complaints come.

see leftys post above

1 Like

How is it in the political arena? Because the media said so? Their headline is what makes it political. If something is bleeding money you make changes to show and ultimately stop the losses. It’s the fiscally responsible thing to do no matter what side of the fence you ride in the political arena. The postal service is needed indeed, never said it wasn’t. It’s been long past time to make changes to it because of the losses. For over a decade they have been losing billions every year. They were made to fund pensions 75 years ahead because they were on the verge of the pension fund collapsing because of the losses.
Personally I hope they can turn the losses around, we need them. Even if they lose shit all the time, they keep the private shippers prices some what in check. There been several times Fed ex was cheaper and faster.