Mail interception

Anybody ever get one of these? From Spain with love! Damn customs!

39 Likes

I’d frame that 100%. Achievement gained!

18 Likes

Yes, i got 2 when i ordered seeds from Seed Supreme in EU, sent to the US. Fortunately i had paid extra for “guarenteed delivery” and the seeds made it on the THIRD attempt.

I’m sorry this happened to you, i hope the seed vendor re-ships to you.

BTW, the first line on the form says the item inside was MOVING. WTF? Was there an animal inside?

6 Likes

Definitely contact the seller and have them send you more.

5 Likes

That’s pretty standard for any seeds or plants getting imported without paperwork, that get checked. Hopefully they resend a smarter way.

9 Likes

Hopefully you stop buying seeds from Spain after this

12 Likes

“Moving in the mail in violation of the agriculture quarantine regulation pertaining to the entry and movement of plants” is the exact phrase - seems more like typical legalese for “no paperwork,” like @JustANobody said. Usually nothing happens, they don’t follow up or anything, though I wouldn’t go and file an inquiry with them to complain either. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

yeah. i got one 3yrs ago when i first started growing. my first order from seedsman came without issue, so i got bold and went for a 2nd order. my second order, i went to a different seedbank. ordered from herbies in spain. shipment got pinched and i got the letter from customs. i expected my door to be kicked in for about a week (my state is still illegal).

thankfully nothing happened.

honestly, i think customs has bigger problems than a bunch of seeds. i don’t think they follow up with weed seeds. back in the day, there was zero tolerance for this. i remember people going to jail having their orders from sensi seed bank intercepted.

15 Likes

I HAD a Drawer full!!! Seedsman got “pinched” hard there for a while. Nothing happens to either Sender or Addressee. I just Messaged a copy of Seizure Form, they reshipped until they made it through. WELCOME TO DA CLUB!!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100::pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

23 Likes

I guess it was missing a Phyto-sanitary certificate!:face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

right? it’s like a right of passage.

sure do get nervous your first time though, so understandable.

8 Likes

Plant protection act - what are they protecting it from? :thinking:

2 Likes

but why does the U.S. Dept of Acriculture send you a letter from Valencia.Spain?? …or did i get that wrong?

3 Likes

Letter was sent due to interception at JFK airport. It was intercepted due to detection and lack of declaration through customs. Agriculture dept keeps invasive plants from entering US. I buy all my seeds in US now to avoid “the letter” and buying in the states isn’t the issue that it was when I first started growing.

At least they send a letter that you can show seller (some will resend).

Smib

5 Likes

Viruses and dieses’s that could potentially destroy agriculture in our country.

6 Likes

They intercepted a package from Spain, the letter didn’t come from Spain. It says right in the letter where it was intercepted.

5 Likes

Yup, I got one from the same sender… Lost my BBM

All plants and seeds mailed internationally are required to have a phyto-sanitary certificate certifying the item to be bug and disease free.

My letter shows a dark outline of what may have been the paper the seeds were in as well as a fold line which implies to me that it could have gotten caught (folded) in the sorting machinery. Any loose object in a letter makes that letter suspicious… letter mail is for letters and cannot have objects which move around in them.

10 Likes

ok,i see…it´s the original envelope that got seized…

4 Likes

Why wouldn’t you buy BBM from the breeder that made it in the US?

1 Like

Aye,

I just posted this elsewhere but the only time i had a real seizure was when I requested some adjustments on a 3d printed hand bucker. Homie threw in some seeds. Bam, seized.

4 Likes