Dequilo's 2021 grow some indoor fun:) closed 3/32021

Maybe the calcified spots I get from my humidifier all over near where it’s placed. Probably from your Water/humidifier, but I could be wrong.

4 Likes

@Badger Growroom Problems - Mildew

good read about PM there was a product green cure that you can use in flower I believe

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

5 Likes

I need to find out if he got a picture. I will check, you may be onto something. It’s one of the newer ultrasonic humidifiers.

4 Likes

I’ll check it out. Some of those products are so dang expensive. I believe you can use sodium bicarbonate as well (baking soda). I’m not sure how effective it is.

3 Likes

Yeah. That’s where I noticed it first, years ago, with our new ultrasonic humidifier. It was so. The bedroom on our dresser, and after a couple days we noticed white spots all around it. Maybe just a coincidence. You can probably just spray it with water. Also we noticed no chance using RO water in the humidifier. Still white mineral spots.

5 Likes

all aboard :slight_smile:

15 Likes

@Badger look at at the stems see any there ?

5 Likes

Thanks sir. It’s a good probability. My brother in law attempted to culture it with no luck. That’s probably it.

@dequilo no sir, just leaves to my knowledge. It was definitely a freak out moment. :joy:

4 Likes

You can probably tell the difference if you use a magnifying loup. The mildew is like a fuzzy forest.

6 Likes

For collecting and storing pollen here is what I do:

Isolate each male you want to use into its own environment, ie a small closet or any portioned off area with light, cmh or floro, etc.
Under the plant I place a black trash bag, most of the pollen will end up on the trash bag, I usually shake branches to make it happen. The pollen will be easy to see this way.
I use a credit card once plant has produced enough and scrape into a small glass jar. Something like the old cocaine vials we use to use or the small glass vials they sell keif or seed in.
Place that glass vial inside a ball or mason jar with desiccant/ rice in it and store in freezer until needed.

I am sure there are easier ways but I have had great success this way.

11 Likes

@Oldjoints that is what I was thinking would work for collecting :slight_smile:

I have the male that I will need to do something with it soon

nothing in the room to pollinate for once

I see your beans coming along in your OD thread :slight_smile:

just about to drop 20 or 30 myself

be safe and plant seeds

Dequilo

8 Likes

PM-wise, Mammoth makes a product that seems to work pretty well and consists mainly thyme oil and corn oil. It works out to about a dollar a gallon (depending on dilution rate), and advertises as food safe right up to harvest time.

Advertises as insecticide too, but I can speak from experience only about its effectiveness with PM, at least in the small amounts I’ve had to deal with it.

Also smells pleasant, for what that is worth.

7 Likes

Smelling pleasant means something to me, thanks!

@Oldjoints thanks for the advice!

4 Likes

@Badger a couple of shot of PM

on the stem

I have not had Powdery Mildew in a grow room but have had it in greenhouses growing

gerbera daisy :frowning:

we would just use sulfur burners, I believe you can buy sulfur candles that do the same as the

burners

all the best and be safe

Deqilo

8 Likes

Sulfur burners work great . Still own one I think . I left it at my brother in-laws place . Which is good because I haven’t needed it . :grinning: :+1:

7 Likes

He looked at it with a scope, so I really believe it was just water spots. He even tried to culture it, to no avail, plus if anything our humidity runs too low. I will look into a sulfer burner, but don’t they make a terrible mess?

5 Likes

Simple sulphur burner cut the top off a pop can or beer can throw some sulphurs in it stick the can on a hot plate and melt away .

DON’T burn if your past week 3 of bud the taste will stay in your buds .

8 Likes

Hot plate example. Keep it safe!

I like to burn it between runs. Entire 2car garage and/or grow rooms within.

13 Likes

Man why don’t you find a way to get them plants into the hands of some og’ers instead of death to all.

3 Likes

I think the same thing, too bad I live far away​:joy::joy:.

Nice guy, I believe everyone will learn, especially me.

Does anyone suggest mixing ash from a wood stove with sulfur, for mite control? Thrown around the plants, not on them.

2 Likes