this are the roots that feed you plants

big fat roots hold the plant up

they will with in reason

we are glad to have you here also :slight_smile:

that is how it goes with non plant grow s

make beans and share them

Dequilo

7 Likes

Finally got to the end @dequilo took me a minute but I’m here watching and learning.
Glad that you have the mite problem eradicated. Also beautiful grows. Learning a lot about the way you prune your plants. Thanks so much for sharing your wisdom with us young grasshoppers.

7 Likes

@joecool I am glad I could give something back to OverGrow for what gave me back

in 2001 :slight_smile:

you have come a long way

6 Likes
                       At This Time I Feel I Should Put A Warning

No actual seedlings have been harmed in the making of this thread

There may be images and dramatizations of event that some may find to be shocking and provocative

these images and events are for educational purposes only not to glorify abuse :wink:

5 Likes

Well it took me a while but Ive now read this thread from the beginning . Now Im looking forward to following along . Lots of interesting strains involved and a lot of work ahead for you I think . Thanks for doing it ! :smiley: :+1: .

5 Likes

an update 01/12/2021

as my Grandmother always said to us young folks “idle hands are the Devils playground”

well being bored to tears and not going to plant beans as they might decide to grow on me :frowning:

I have about 45 plants I have no real idea what they are other than The Weed and space running

out

I need to do something proactive, so cloning is out and the water is a bit hot but I do have roots

and in no time at all 30 more plants to find a place

So What to Do?

maybe bit of light trimming and pruning because smaller plants take up least room so I

can have more plants :slight_smile:

the above was on 01/10/2021

so you get the idea I hacked off about 2/3 of the top growth and foliage of the plants and will let them

recover before I inflect more pain on them

so I am making little bushes so they can take up less room and with some pruning

they can stay in the six inch square pots until 8 weeks or so from now

they will sex themselves by than with luck

at some point they will go into 1 1/2 gallon round pots waiting for the spring

so these plants soon will need a repot they are in I believe 3 gallon to the trade pots

and will be put in a smaller pot

after I cut off 50% of the rootball and 66% of the top growth to rejuvenate them

after their shitty fall

@Floyd nice to see you and thanks for reading this thread I do put it up to show folks

what I do and what can be done

Cannabis is such a unbelievably resilient plant it takes a lot of abuse and yet

still grows :slight_smile:

Thank God

make seeds and share them

Dequilo

EDIT: they look wet because they are :slight_smile: since I cut shit off I did spray with neem oil

just encase my friends the Mites are still around

16 Likes

WOW what a good read and thread my kind of info and photos :slight_smile:

thanks @CADMAN already member no need to join :wink:

I was gifted some beans of this cross to try and I need some for inside work

so this could be a good fit for the UBC Chemo I have

make beans and share them

Dequilo

8 Likes

Emmie is the only grower I follow on 420mag, she is always interesting and incredibly informative. A little bit idiosyncratic and not a perfect model for everyone in every respect, but literally anyone can leave her work with a lot of knowledge they didn’t have before.

It’s always worth a visit to her threads, they are very rich.

3 Likes

Thanks @dequilo I do try to improve my understanding of the plant daily.It’s just such a change from how I used to grow.
The most important lesson I’ve had at overgrow so far was ReikoX’ litfa 101 class. I was too overeager for the most part. Learned the ways of litfa and my understanding of the plant improved.

6 Likes

Hi, would mind tuning me in? Thanks, have been learning a lot here, and it hasn’t been a week since I joined OG. Thanks.

4 Likes

I owe Overgrow so much for the knowledge they have given me for years. There the best… "A LOVE YOU OVERGROW FAMILY!

8 Likes

LIFTA = leave it the fuck alone

8 Likes
8 Likes

For lack a of a better word, I’ve been pinning my plants down around the pot, especially the main stem, and other than the plant thickening like crazy, it seems like it’s turning into a hairy snake, shooting out branches to the side, almost as though it’s out of spite. Hope I’m not making a grave mistake round here, though there are tons of tiny branches getting formed… space is turning into a tiny jungle! Guess I heard it twice, LIFTA the heck out of it? just kidding…! Newbies.

3 Likes

as an example…
this is the plant.

7 Likes

I too as well got some. Love me some gdp, can’t wait to see you grow them.

1 Like

Going to have lots of tops!!!

3 Likes

UPDATE 1/13/2021

no photo now maybe later

So I will be running out of room in a week or two so I cut some 30 clones 6 cuts of 5 strains

I have Bruce Banner 3

Bubba Gum Kush 

Hash Passion(Moroccan)

Black N Blue - Blue Tahoe x Blackberry Deisel 

Ganj-Nam Style - Mekong High X Critical Mass

I start these this time last year and they took a beating outside all summer, root bound in 1 1/2 gallon pot

they got weed whipped and frosted three times :frowning:

well the females stayed females after all that and they passed a stress test so they are keeps :slight_smile:

but just not the moms as I am running out of room until I build on to my room

which will be soon but lumber is hard to come by I do have an Amish saw mill near by

so I will check with them

I will cull the herd a little and hack the mother back 3/4 of their top growth whack half the roots off move

them to fresh soil and smaller pots

I would like to keep them but not a super lost as I had thirty clones but I will wait until after they are potted

and growing in soil-less

I need to cut and root 50 clones for someone who thinks they are a grower, I am not sure what he is

but I will root some clones and go from there

I will need to move my cloners as the water is right on the edge of too hot (77 F) with the HID lights on

I still need to build my LED array but I have so many different thing in the US mail all over

I hate to order anything right at this time

once I lose the moms I will drop some beans as I want to get rolling , also will need to start my

plants for my vegetable gardens

I am looking for a Chocolate Thai and not sure what I would love to find Eskobar’s Chocolate Rain

grew out testers of that and it was great

I might have to go begging over at opengrow

as if I have a need for more beans I did buy some from Sebring but that does not count as I am

supporting a Family Member

Make seeds and share them

Dequilo

15 Likes

Some Photos 1/14/2021

so out of room and need to remodel a bit

it getting a bit tight in my room so I will need to get my 30 clones out of the water

they are rooting and roots a nice and white but the water is hot as you

can see by the brown slime starting

need to find a cooler spot

Here are four Regular Autos from @Heritagefarms

These are the 4 Autos I have left had a heater failure so I did lost a bunch

of babies to damping off

the one left look good and I so want to trim them but I will not :frowning:

I will be rearranging my room today hoping to make some room. The autos will be put under

a couple of single ended 600 watt light they are MH but I my mix HPS/MH at that end of the room

I have 6 of these out of 30 poorly stored seeds that had my useless labeling system

used on it so no real idea what they are

but I made them in 2010 and they have Green Vietnamese in them

so we will see

I have to say I am in Love with this UBC Chemo cross they have done the best

and do not appear have problem with being trimmed

they are very uniform as to look and could be all males

Make seeds and share them

Dequilo

25 Likes

Looking good @dequilo . Especially the Chemo crosses . Very healthy .

3 Likes