Did you experience the ā€œD.A.R.E.ā€ program in school? :laughing:

aka ā€œDrugs Are Really Exciting/Expensiveā€

What a bunch of crap that wasā€¦

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

d i wont do drugs!
a wont have an attitude!

2 Likes

My daughters went through that program at school a year or two ago. I sat them down and made sure they were properly educated about which drugs are addictive and/or can kill you, and which ones arenā€™t/canā€™t. I was very clear about abstaining from the killer drugs. You can have plenty of fun without risking your life.

4 Likes

I did. Took my dad years to strip away that brain washing. Now today my kids are in it. No lie they teach them that marijuana is the worst drug ever. My daughter was watching the news with us a few weeks back, there was a story about a meth bust. My daughter pipes up ā€œAt least itā€™s not marijuanaā€¦ that stuff can kill youā€ā€¦

I almost hit the roof! I had to lay some knowledge on my child. By the end I had explained that teachers are government agents that teach approved lesson plans to keep you from being a free thinker, and to give you their version of history/ethics.

Seriously my child whole heartily thought weed was worse than meth and cocaine. They classified them the same as prescribed meds. Weed is a drug, and the rest are medical drugs is the way my kid thought after DARE.

9 Likes

When i was in school drugs were very hard to find, the adult population very effectively kept them from reaching us in the same way they did with alcohol.
They consumed everything first the bastards! left us lot with only cider and magic mushrooms :rage:

3 Likes

Yeah I remember that disaster program.
I always found it suspicious tbh. I was corrected like @Dr_Jekyll daughter by my stepfather when I discussed what I had learned that day in school in 1st grade.

On a related funny story my buddy in Montana had a hilarious story to tell me. Apparently his dare program staff sold weed to the kids behind the school after the program :rofl:

Half the reason it doesnā€™t work is because of human nature. You tell us no and we want to do it more.
You tell us weed will kill us and when we find out it hasnā€™t ever killed anybody in all of history outside of mold contamination or similar and that wasnā€™t the weed. It was the contamination and you likewise wouldnā€™t eat food that fell on the dirty floor or anything you knew had salmonella for example. Why would you smoke dirty weed?:sweat_smile:
The way they do it backfires on them. Itā€™s just a joke TBH.

You explain why admitting the bad and good of it all to educate and surprise it works. The education system may be rigged to make us passive, but I was that stubborn kid who made my teachers hate me. They wanted me to do something and I broke their will to impose upon me. They wanted me to show my work and not do it in my head. I just kept writing the correct answers down. Itā€™s difficult to write with my Pinkyā€™s the way they are. The ulnar nerve gets pinched when holding a pencil too long and my wrist muscles donā€™t work right sometimes.
Eventually I just got them to grade me and I only had to waste 2 years of school to get it done LoL. Donā€™t underestimate a petty stubborn psycho when they have trouble doing something and are told they donā€™t have a choice except to suck it up and do it. I won. Near perfect grades and people stopped bugging me at school. :sweat_smile: Eventually they learned if they just gave me a worksheet I would finish it in about 10-20 minutes and once I got halfway through junior year I already had all my credits for hs. My last year there was the best year of my life to date. No one demanding I do things their way and letting me do math in my own special way they canā€™t grasp apparently. The overcomplicated versions of math work better for me. Shorthand is for my head not proper math problems. Iā€™ll do a problem 3 times at least before I solve it. Usually matching my initial instinctual answer, but I still like to do the math in my head. I just use a ā€œchalkboardā€ in my head so to speak I draw on and I can do many more problems this way in a shorter time than on paper. I used to get fail marks as I wrote down my formulas to get my answer and despite being correct it wasnā€™t the way I was supposed to be solving it, so I got a fail until I kept doing it till they gave up and seemed to give up on life too. They had dead eyes by the end of middle School. Worth it. Donā€™t tell me Iā€™m wrong with a correct formula and answer or Iā€™ll find the one thing that makes you depressed and keep pushing that button while continuing to do what I want and learn. If I struggle to learn something because of my learning disability I find a way and I wonā€™t be shamed for needing a workaround.

Rambled a bit. Long story short dare never worked. Itā€™s a perfect example of telling someone no with lies and they do it to spite you bad or not. Most kids find out weed is not bad usually because of dare specifically :rofl:

4 Likes

@OniTenshu

Youā€™re OK, kid. :slight_smile: I hated school too. From about age 7 I had ā€œbehavioral issuesā€ according to those who had cognitive disability and after decades of struggle & introspection I can point the Finger directly at them. :point_right: Or this one(:middle_finger:). :smile:

Some schools might be acedemic in the US, but not many; Most are a socialization program at best and worst day-care/pre-jail.

A friendā€™s relative is taking his family to Denmark(he has dual citizenship) because he doesnā€™t want to see his kid wasted by some stray bullet or a nut with a gun at school. I donā€™t blame him, or the other friend who is moving his young family to Germany(the momā€™s Deutsche), and another is considering Switzerland. The common thing about them besides the desire to have safer & healthier lives is: :moneybag: Theyā€™re all very well paid Corporate Slaves who can simply whine or blow someone on camera & get ā€œtransferredā€. :rolling_eyes: ā€¦meanwhile the American ghettos Devolve & crumble.

:smoking: And there you have it. :smile:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

DARE was just another means to introduced minories and poor kids to drugs to help fuel the prison building started by the bush administration.

i remember the ā€œdrunk gogglesā€ those were so much fun.

5 Likes

They had mine as weed goggles LoL :rofl:
Funniest part is Iā€™ve actually managed to reach that level only a few times where everything turned Amber hue and everything got unfocused and my eyes would wobble about only after massively huge doses of caffeine as well as over 1000mg THC all at once. So vertigo mixed with a mild hallucinogenic effect. To get there though I had to smoke myself past my ceiling and once I did everything turned Amber right away. Iā€™d check the color change to thc specifically as anandamide gives me a blue hue change when I get a really good workout and about 2 shots of espresso minimum.

Either way the common link is caffeine seems to trigger the actual hallucination hue change not THC or anandamide with the color being affected by whether you have a runners high or you smoked/ingested enough to get whatever dose breaks your ceiling. I never get the hue shift if I donā€™t have caffeine in me or get high enough that I need iron lungs to smoke that much.

For anyone whoā€™s curious just be warned 1000mg THC and 6 shots of espresso is a recipe for a heart arrhythmia if youā€™re prone to heart problems. My heart rate is usually around 137bpm at these times. Be certain you can handle that level of heart racing without a heart attack before you try it. I learned by accident that I could handle that much working as a barista and spacing out one day.

Do not say I did not PSA the downside to thinning blood and increased heartrate in combination.
Just be careful with your hearts people. I know some unfortunate people who canā€™t even have a cup of coffee or a coke because their heart might fail from the strain. I wish I could introduce him to weed, but to do that Iā€™d have to start him on CBD isolate to be safe and give his body that wonderful protective coating CBD does for aortas first before anything and even then I wouldnā€™t have him smoke it. Iā€™d give him a 1-2mg edible or something to adjust without risk of harming him.

Another time maybe Iā€™ll discuss it with him to see if heā€™d want to try something that may improve his QOL.

1 Like

I remember when we lived in Colorado up the hill in Dumont, we had friends in Evergreen who had elementary school age kidsā€¦

In school, the kids were taught to ā€œcall 911ā€ if they saw their parents smoking marijuana.
They were teaching kids to be little nazi brats!

Who would that possibly help if their parents were put in jail and the kid was placed in a foster home?
Unbelievably clueless school system peopleā€¦

3 Likes

The first hit is free

Donā€™t you put it in your mouth

Top 10 worst HAHA

4 Likes

Jeezus Mongoā€¦That first one was fkn creepyā€¦Haha

It still would not have stopped me though.

K.

2 Likes

I swear Iā€™ve had that donā€™t put it in your mouth song stuck in my head for like 10 years of my life haha

I think the main problem with the type of old school drug education that alot of us got is that they lie so much that it makes you disbelieve everything they said even though some of it was true. You try weed the first time and realize how blatantly they lied about it, so cokes probably not that bad too, right?

They should definitely talk alot more about alcohol too, its one of the strongest and most dangerous drugs out there and I think alot of people donā€™t get that.

5 Likes