Describe the first time you got high :)

Describe the first time you got high…

when i was about 17(i’d held out because, ya know, drugs are bad, kids) i was at my friends place, about to fall asleep when my friend convinced me to smoke his step-dad’s hippy-mex-weed on a fucking grocery receipt(couldn’t find any papers). obviosly it was harsh nasty & i didn’t feel different so i told him to fuck off & let me go back to sleep. heh. a couple of weeks later, same friend plus a few others and better weed, at the same place, i got fucking roasted :fire: :smoking: and laughed so hard… :joy::joy::joy: …i thought i was gonns have a baby or an alien would rip through my chest. good times. i think somebody paid me 50 cents to eat a crab’s eye that we’d collected earlier.

cannabis is the best gateway. :door:

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

I believe that information is recorded in the Dead Sea Scrolls :laughing:

3 Likes

:joy: i could take that theme & run with it

but i >did< search to see if the thread subject was already handled. GrowFAQ item. hah

1 Like
3 Likes

I was 25 years was hanging out with some friends that they smoke since long ago but for fun and that they i decided to join for the first time and when i feel the releaf in my back i was amazed since then i use it as medicine

4 Likes

So I actually have told this short little story in another thread, :smiley:

4 Likes

Man, that was so 45 years or so ago I don’t even have a clue.

Apparently I liked it.
:wink:

12 Likes

Summer between 5th and 6th grade (11 I think) at my buddy’s house with my buddy his brother and my other buddy @whodatnation (rollitup handle) had smoked a couple times prior but I guess I didn’t inhale it right… wah bam! I was certainly borderline tripping. More intense than most L I’ve taken now a days at least. It was a hot ass day and I remember I got the munchies big time and ate a pear out of my friends fruit bowl and he bitched me out hard for not asking. Lol whodat and I still joke about that to this day “don’t eat my pears!” I remember laughing pretty hard and then jumping into the pool. Everything was very foggy goofy and dreamlike. Had some borderline scary moments, which still happens to me to this day, but I kinda appreciate it bc it makes me know I’m alive and puts things into perspective. Anything I freak out about are usually small things I should look at but don’t so putting them under the scary microscope is usually quite helpful. Back then it was mainly always schwag brick but some was much better than others (this is 1998) and very rarely would we get “kind bud” and it ranged from strains like White Rhino, Great White Shark, White Widow, Purple Skunk, Power Plant, and Northern Lights. The schwag we had always had seeds and the ones that had potential in potency and flavor I would save the seeds and plant them outside in random empty lots and stuff. This is what led me to Overgrow way back when as an adolescent young teen. Obviously I never revealed my age knowing I would catch shit… but I don’t think anyone ever really knew. I was always just trying to learn and was so in awe with all the cool different varietals.

I hardly smoke as much as I used to. Some weeks it’s everyother night or when I go bring my dog to the park. Some weeks maybe just once a week. Some weeks a couple times a day… just depends what I have going on and how I feel.

10 Likes

A long time ago, in a high school far far away three nerds met up after school at the pool hall. The nerdiest of the three nerds pulled out a brass pipe with some green swag in it. So the three needs snuck out behind the dumpster out back and smoked this bowl.

None of them had been stoned before, but decided to cross the street to go to the grocery store for cigarettes. About half way across the street the weed kicks in. The three nerds struggle to cross the street. I remember getting smarties (American) and having such cotton mouth they literally turned to dust in my mouth.

11 Likes

i was on my buddy’s back porch, sitting in a porch swing. This was my first experience with “skunk” bud. I had smoked mexi brick several times before but these were actual buds. We had a small metal pipe and proceeded to pack several bowls, smoking it like it was brick.
I felt my whole body vibrating, to the point I started laughing at the feeling. A small giggle became uncontrollable laughter. I eventually fell out of the swing rolling on the porch laughing, barely able to inhale, all i could think is “I’m going to die from laughing so much!”
So there I am rolling around laughing and saying “I’m gunna die!” and laughing harder after I say it…eventually the laughing fit gave way to intense munchies and i gorged myself on pizza bites and french bread pizza until I passed out…

5 Likes

So im 11 or 12 at the time i’ve got two friends staying the night. We’re down stairs playing pool n I’m reading a playboy. I fall alseep n shortly after my friends wake me up. My bud jeff tells me his mom took off for the night bc he was at my place. That she’s got weed at their apt n we should go smoke sum. It’s about 1 am n me being me i say hell ya. It’s a good distance away maybe 20+ blocks. Yet we’re walking like we own the town. Get to the apt and I’m tired af. He packs a hitter for himself then packs a lit less for me n chris. Chris gets half a puff in n changes his mind i finish that too. So i sit on the couch saying idk if i feel any differently and ask if i sound/acting differently. My bud gets paranoid sum1 will hear us at the apt. We take off n on the whole walk home all of a sudden every car is a cop. I swear a lit scooter went by n youd think it was the cop helicopter. We’re running from bush to tree etc. Keep in mind I’m a tubby ass at the time so I’m straight miserable. By the time we get back i feel like my tour of nom is over and crash out on the couch.

6 Likes

Sounds like the starting of half baked haha you should find out if they copyrighted your life

2 Likes

So I am thinking I was 15 maybe 16. I had been drinking alcohol at parties and with friends for maybe a year. We were in a rural Midwest town after dark. There was only one cop car in the town so if you drove by the police station and the cop car wasn’t there, you knew it was the safest place in town. There was a big parking lot. The driver started doing big slow circles around the parking lot and out came the pipe. I remember the taste. Metallica was blasting on the stereo and I was transported up onto the stage of the Metallica concert. That was the day I stopped drinking. Drinking always seems more like work than relaxation. Pass me the fucking pipe and I am good to go.

6 Likes

1974 (I was 12). I don’t remember much more than that…I was stoned.:bear:

7 Likes

Sometimes a picture is a worth a thousand words…

10 Likes

BuuuuuuuuUUUUUuuuuump! For you newer OGers…

And because I forgot I already started this thread & was about to do it again. :blush:

Heavy Dayze style: so what was ya fuhst cannabis experyens lu-ike? :koala:

2 Likes
  1. Asilomar State Beach on the Central California Coast. Pacific Grove. For the past nine months or so, I’d been 13; puberty, the age of anxiety, had hit me hard. Wanted very much live a life that was nothing like my six-cocktails-a-night parents. Grass was an intoxicant, like alcohol. Scary. Didn’t want to be high. I was always high on my own anxiety planet; I didn’t need to take trips to others. And look what being high on alcohol had done to my parents! I was then, and still am, a very cautious person. I was a nerdy kid who kept to his books and records (vinyl, LP’s), lived a life of quiet desperation memorizing poetry because I thought it might impress a girl or two. Or three or a hundred. I was a hopeful kid despite my anxiety.

Then somehow I ended up sitting in the dunes one night with my older brother and couple of his friends. It was a place where you could go and hide from the fuzz; you could light up out there among the sand and ice plant and they wouldn’t see the glow of your joint. Down in a hollow. And the wind would blow the smoke to kingdom come, or out to sea. That night a joint was passed around and I took it but didn’t inhale. Pretended I did.

Then three or four weeks later, we happened to find ourselves out there again (it was better to be out of the house away from my parents, than it was to be at home in my room surrounded by my books). This time I inhaled. And shortly afterward everything changed. I had the first and probably the worst panic attack of my young life. I didn’t know what to call it back then, but for a long time now I know that’s what it was. I’ve had other panic attacks since, but it’s always the first you remember the most.

The first time wasn’t a good experience. And as a result I was for decades against the plant.

Then, in my early 50’s, long after I’d given up the alcohol that chased my tail for years, and just after I had begun weaning myself off an SSRI, I took up the kindly herb on my own to see if it could help. Got a med rec letter just to be on the safe side. My kids were using it–why shouldn’t I? And I was older; I could handle the panicky stuff if it were to happen again. It did happen again, but I faced it down. (Doing that–handling the panic grass can bring on–is somehow therapeutic.)

Today, I smoke or vape everyday. It’s medicine. I use more or less depending on how I’m feeling. Sometimes I decide not to have any and I go two to three weeks without it. I always return. It evens me out, smooths out the wrinkles, gives me a reason to smile. And I can do it in my own backyard. If a cop car drives by on the street outside and he or she smells the waft, I’m hoping it reminds him or her to pick up a bong of his own once the shift is over.

4 Likes

:sunglasses: Thanks for the story @Myndphul.

2 Likes

15yrs old, friend and I smoked near my house. An old man with an able walker(if thats thc correct name) was behind us 100’ or so. We couldn’t lose him, as we were destroyed.

Been smoking here and there sometimes with a few yrs of not toking. Now that it’s legal, I’m enjoying my weed before I go to bed.

3 Likes

It was 1979, and I was 19, and at work, a couple of us went down the pub on a Friday lunch time, and they fired up a joint in the car on the way. It was Nepalese temple ball hash. A black hash laced with opium. I didnt smoke anything at the time so the tobacco made me feel like puking up. So buddy produced a small hash pipe for me. I had about 3 tokes as we pulled into the car park and went in. There were 2 other guys in there one I knew who worked in a garage opposite our work place. He was taking the piss out of the other guy and I just went into hysterics in the middle of the pub floor for about 20 minutes. Every time the guy said something I would start off again lol.

I went home early that day, wasn’t fit to operate the lathe. Then I just wanted more after that.

The first time I smoked weed was 3 years later, it was Thai stick, very expensive compared to hash. When I first saw it I thought WTF is this, I have been ripped off lol. After I smoked it I could not believe how good it was, and after that, that’s all I wanted. I had a buddy who was an airline pilot, and he got me some seeds, and I started growing and never looked back.

6 Likes