Diggy’s Dungeon

Can’t even take credit for this one; @Tonygreen posted this link elsewhere. If I can pick your brain for a moment, tony, you mentioned spraying the 3mM solution on day 4, 9, and 14. Is that still the schedule you’d use, today?

https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuana-growing/cannabis-botany-and-advanced-growing-science/378133-tony-s-silver-thiosulfate-notes

Turns out if I kept the STS cold it would very likely have still succeeded in reversing that auto.

9 Likes

That is for an 8 to 10.week plant. The hardest part is keeping yourself from spraying again. It seems like when I do pollen is stunted or delayed.
There is some weird fucking psychological urge to spray again lol

6 Likes

I think we all do that. I’m always doing something different. Or feel like I need to. It is that wacky mindset. I feel like I got a touch and talk to my plants. I’ll try and breathe on them. That sounds perverted

2 Likes

Come to think of it, I recently had this issue and sprayed CS way longer than normal.

Diggy, I’m waiting for your results. I have cannabis, and silver nitrate. :wink:

5 Likes

Hey, as a fellow Massachusetts guy, you would probably find this study interesting. Basically, they examined soil mineralization in light of the fact that almost everywhere in MA east of the Connecticut was clear cut and tilled as farmland at least once, sometimes twice, since European settlement. They were looking to see the difference between previously tilled and untilled soils and found that actually the biggest factor is the trees and other vegetation currently there. Pines are the worst at blocking nitrogen mineralization, aspen and mixed oak stands are the best at allowing/facilitating it.

3 Likes

Lol. You’re not kidding.

That makes a lot of sense. It matches up with my reversal of the Vietnam Black, too. When it had clearly succeeded I sprayed one final time. The first pollen sacks to open were duds, and later flowers did produce some pollen.

It would make sense that the plant needs some ethylene production in order to successfully produce pollen. Sounds like we’ve all learned that the hard way. Lol

This dude James Loud at 39:25 says (paraphrased) “If plants reversed under HPS produce 100% pollen, CMH is more like 60% pollen production, and plants reversed under LEDs only produce 25% of the pollen; using the same spray, same cultivar.”

Veeeerrrrryyy interrrreesssstting…

7 Likes

I heard James Loud say the same thing. I wonder if it is spectrum related.

5 Likes

Very interesting :ok_hand:
I was just saying I miss my HPS/ MH from the early closet days. I don’t miss the power bill.
Might have to open a HPS tent do some testing.

1 Like

Definitely. HPS is almost completely devoid of blue light.

Nowadays you can get HPS lights with pretty competitive efficiencies. Have been wanting to do dual HPS / LED for a while. LEDs just don’t produce enough infrared light for me

2 Likes

You’re lookin at your girls about to blow up. You see nuts starting but slowly. You’re high as fuck and you’re thinking fuck better hittem 1 more time lol

4 Likes

It’s amazing how many of my best ideas, and my worst, start off exactly this way. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Unrelated to anything; Another WIP rolling tray. Big Ben, on fire.

4 Likes

Hey Bro… what you doing man… been missing ya. got a pkg heading your way soon…

2 Likes