Diggy’s Dungeon

I think I’m starting to understand water potential.

So each unit of water can support (x) number of people. As more and more people show up, in the form of Solutes, the water has less and less potential to do work.

So if our distilled water has no solutes at all, there’s just too much water available, and the seeds drink too quickly. I am imagining it’s like the end of Band of Brothers, when they have to keep the people in the concentration camp after their captors are gone. And control their food intake, so they don’t end up overfeeding the starving people, to death.

So in a lab setting I believe the standard practice is to soak the seeds in Polyethylene Glycol for a certain amount of time, based on the seed size, and weight, and species — but I don’t have the experience, or guidance, or old seeds I’d be willing to risk.

Instead of brute forcing that data; my line of thought is that most of us have excess cannabis seeds worthy of disintegration, and that a healthy plant would contain all of the right nutrients in the right ratios to support another healthy plant.

If that line of thinking holds up; The safest way to replenish spent hormones and enzymes in our old seeds, without overshooting the phytohormone levels and growing them to death, is a Cannabis Sprouted Seed Tea.
Cannabilism. :sweat_smile: :beers:

My next step is to get an idea on how to determine the concentration of ground seeds necessary for achieving that -1.0 MPa for Osmopriming. I would imagine we could use RH in our jars to determine moisture content of our fresh seeds, and if so, there could be an easy algorithm for how much water to add to get to a certain water potential.

Could fuck around and be as easy as, 1g of -50 MPa seeds, + 49g of DI water = 50g of -1 MPa solution? :joy: :joy: :joy:
There’s no way I’m that lucky, tho.
Anyone familiar with Pascals? :flushed:

What if I include a picture of a fat cat, who takes shits that rival a full-grown Black Bear.

9 Likes

I understand the cat pic more
I’m a slow simple brain lol

1 Like

Lmfao. Me too, I’ve been reading up on this stuff way more than I’d like to admit, considering how completely above my head I still am. :joy:

Anyone seen these papers on producing silver nanoparticles from silver nitrate and simple plant extracts?

Was reading a bunch today, and fricken everyone is succeeding. Methanol extraction. Simple hot water extractions. Fenugreek, aloe, orange skins, banana peels, green tea leaves. They’re doing it at ambient temps, they’re doing it at 60c. If it successfully reverses a cannabis plant, this might be the new way to do it

(Just one of the dozen papers I seen that all succeeded in producing nanoparticle silver from silver nitrate.)

I’m trying it right now with 10g of ground cannabis flower, 100ml of water. Heated for an hour and left to cool at room temp. Just strained it now. Need to start a thread on it, to track progress and see if it can successfully reverse a femme

8 Likes

Very interesting indeed
Good luck I hope it works

1 Like

http://www.nanomedicine-rj.com/article_38643_d184115c4c0a89b68001762329a81b12.pdf

Coffee!?

These guys literally used coffee! I feel like I’m being punk’d right now. If anyone needs an easy dissertation subject, green production of silver nanoparticles is clearly the way to go lmfao

5 Likes

Aight, so I went through a couple dozen papers on production of silver nanoparticles from silver nitrate using plant extracts, and this one from Iran is especially interesting. Some successful methods are kept dark, some left in ambient conditions, but this one goes way in the other direction.

Wild_Leek_Sunlight.pdf (2.4 MB)

The funny thing is nobody really seems to even attempt to determine the proper dilution of the plant extract. The most common ratio is 10g dry plant matter in 100g water. Some of them boil, and some jus steep. Carrot, for instance, was blended 170g : 100g water, and strained. Garlic was chopped and soaked overnight, before being strained.

The most common concentration of silver nitrate is 1mM, (0.169873g/liter) and the ratio of plant extract in successful methods vary from a 1:5 extract : AgNO3(aq) up to a 1:20 extract :AgNO3(aq)

But I think only one study dehydrated the plant extract and reconstituted it to a standardized amount before continuing.

3 Likes

I should really make this it’s own thread, but for now;

• 10g dry Vietnam Black cannabis flower was powdered, and added to 100ml water.

• The temperature gradually increased over a 40 minute period, until it was just reaching a simmer.

• Then the heat was turned off and the jar was allowed to cool to room temp

• The cooled extract was strained through an unbleached paper filter, twice.

• The final volume of extract was ~80ml, stored at 4 degrees C overnight, and brought back up to room temperature before use.

• .15g AgNO3 was dissolved into 800ml warm water, slightly overshooting the 1mM mark.

• Then the 80ml extract was filtered one final time, directly into the 800ml of 1mM aqueous AgNO3. Mixed, and stored at ambient conditions for the last hour.

There should be a noticeable difference in color if the silver successfully integrates.
    Holy cannoli it’s changing! This is 90 minutes after mixing.

120 minutes

9 Likes

Very nice.
I await results and responses from smarter people than i.

2 Likes

Lol, not smarter, I just get excited over the weirdest things. The minutiae and the inner workings — like a mechanic is to cars, I feel about the respiratory and circulatory systems of plants :joy:

I have another idea that I’m dying to research deeper into — the signal for a pistil to recede after it’s pollinated. I think we could simulate pollination to trick the pistils into no longer being viable, allowing some protection against accidental pollination from a neighbor or a farm down the road

6 Likes

That’s funny you say that I’m a mechanic.lol

That is worthy of further research. The more and more area that go legal means that many more people are growing it. I hope it never reaches Monsanto corn level or we are all fucked.
Sorry.
Right now I got no worries of pollination from neighbors, but what do I know.

2 Likes

Oh my god, if it’s anything more than an oil change I’m not the one. :sweat_smile:
Fricken break pads and calipers? Ha! Nope!
My brother had a $8 knock sensor go bad this past year, and his boy had to go through hours of hell just to reach it and switch it out. Don’t even want to know what a repair shop would have charged him. I do not envy you. :joy:

1 Like

6pm
6am

Every single paper mentions the color change as a sign that the reaction is proceeding, and sure enough, 12 hours in and it’s pushing a brick-red-roux color. The change is from the reduction of silver particles by ascorbic acid, altering the way light is reflected. As the particles reach nanometer scale, the individual particles are coated in a sort of bio-film, and a negative charge picked up from the ascorbic acid, among the many other plant metabolites, keeps the silver particles from aggregating.

A good handful of the papers centrifuge the resulting solution, and dry it in an oven, to collect the silver nanoparticles before continuing with their work. I’m short one centrifuge, but might fuck around and build one.

My next step is deciding what concentration the resulting liquid should be used at. I’m a little disappointed the previous post has so few likes, because from this point onwards I’m proceeding blindly, but that’s what I get for a journal with so many words and no pictures of flowers :joy:

If anyone has any thoughts on how much silver actually makes it inside of a plant when using STS or CS, or if you’ve ever heard of an attempt to reverse a female plant with silver nanoparticles, feel free to drop a line. There’s no shame in being over our heads here. On the contrary — that’s entirely the point

11 Likes

I’m planning a reversal attemp soon with STS but iw will be my first time. Got the juice just need to choose a lady

1 Like

Oh yeah, on the subject of STS; the color change from clear to iced tea is a surefire way to tell if the potency is gone. This is the female I was spraying with the old STS from earlier in the thread. It delayed her flowering a bit but not one single male flower was produced.

Mildly etiolated because I kicked her out of her tent a week or so ago.

2 Likes

Nother autoflower. She’s off in the corner only getting about 25w/sq.ft. Used to keep thermometers in the soil, and I gotta start again. This tent is against an outside-facing wall, too. Need change that. Phosphorus and calcium have gotta be hella limited.

4 Likes

I would look at the concentration of AgNO3 used in STS and start from there. I bet you could get away with less.

3 Likes

I got to say you’re pretty smart. You don’t mess around with your figures. There’s some more around like you. I think the community is blessed to have someone that tries to do organic. I was laughed at for many years. One Love

2 Likes

The number of times I’ve had this exact dilemma :joy:. Love this stuff…way over my head but I’m watching like a dog watches a sunset.

2 Likes

If my back of the envelope math is on point, STS recipes have ~30ppm of silver; I cut my solution ten times, so theoretically it has ~12ppm silver. Sprayed the female that failed to turn thru the old crusty sts. Not necessarily looking for a methodology, yet, just a proof of concept. The next attempt will use clones of an individual to test different concentrations

Found one for cannabis, that uses an 8 minute boil to reduce the silver.

Extract of 10g cannabis (leaf?) in 100ml water
1:1 v/v with
5milliMole AgNO3(aq)

5 Likes

STS at 3milliMoles sprayed three times, seven days apart.

5 Likes