Dirtron Plays With Dirt & Chats With Friends!

@PetalPowerseed @lilmanbigplan

Discussing with @lilmanbigplan I was told the recessive gene is sex linked to the X chromosome, but does it have a partner on the Y chromosome at all?

Is there a Y(f) allele to go with the X(f)reakshow?

Is a F1 Male from a Freakshow mom: X(f)X(f) and Reg dad (XY) (so the F1 is: X(f)Y) a true freakshow? Or only partially?
I do know the males are visually identifiable in the F1 while the females are all XX(f) regular leaf.

Basically what I am asking is if there is ANY genetic info on the Y related to the mutated leaf trait, or can it be completely ignored in breading with FS?

3 Likes

Good question, I don’t know if the Y chromosome has any freakshow information. Curious if anyone has tested this

1 Like

The fern trait is recessive on the x choromome. so if you make a fern leaf version of a strain by completing the cube with heavy selection in f2 with a couple ix generations to help maybe a few selfing for consistency if I was going commercial. say I had a homologous for fern trait on the X that was gg4 in every way that mattered in the bud but with a stronger stock because gg4 need improvement. Then I take the fern leaf gg4 mom and hit it with a (zero fern genes) normal leafed backcross dad. The males only have one copy of the X just like human men. with one active copy of a trait it will show in the male offspring but the female with be heterozygous carriers of the trait but have normal leaves. Think of it as a gender test engineered into every seed.

5 Likes

One plant looks whacky enough but a whole tent looks almost alien :laughing:

2 Likes

What did you hybridise with the freakshow?

@lilmanbigplan
I hit that “willow pheno” CinderEvil Auto with FreakS pollen (just because they are both “Wierd” mutations that can combine for a plant it anywhere, ultra stealth plant) and up-potted into a larger pot of soil (was in coco, solo cup, DWC) to give the beans a chance to cook. And I was planning on hitting a Trizzler Auto (once I grow it) with some of the pollen that I have drying. But messing around with a punnet square confirms what you said, that it is better to start with a FS mom.

Before we spoke my plan was to do FS x X and the inverse X x FS crosses then cross both F1’s. But I don’t think that’s my plan anymore.

That is why I was asking about the Y chromosome. It makes it way easier to end up where I want to be if the Y can be disregarded. But if the Y needs to come from a FS as well it makes the math much uglier, and the required plant count to get there WAY higher!

So ATM I have the FS pollen on ice, but I am now thinking of running more FS girls to hit with pollen from a yet to be decided male auto-Reg…

I have not messed around with ABC at all yet, but I listen to a presentation that involved genomic analysis, that shows ABC as being evolutionarily distinct from all other cannabis, and as least a true subspecies, and possibly a species!!!

But all the beans cooking on the FS in the pics above are just a FSxFS Fgen.

2 Likes

Gonna have to stop u there on the claim green crack and dream queen are the same. Dream queen = blue dream x space queen and green crack = skunk #1 x unknown indica, really curious as to how u found them to be the same. I’ve grown both out, dream queen is more of a pineapple tropical blueberry and green crack is nothing like that with zero tropical or blueberry and much sweeter notes to it

umm no.DREAM QUEEN - Humboldt Seed Company . I mean the naming wasn’t me dude

I looked you did carry on

A simple search on my profile will answer that one, up to 33 mailers going out as if tomorrow since Friday, so yes I do play my role in the community, now that we got that out the way here’s some interesting info about it I dug up.

Can’t help but feel like the strain got heavily misrepresented being called dream queen with the parents of green crack. How is a strain info gonna claim the same strain with a seperate set of parents, I’ve grown both and the space queen x blue dream version is nothing like the green crack version, wtf is up with that

But just came out and accused me of not knowing my shit or lying and admittedly its been a shitty day and I over reacted. my bad on that. Yes I was aware of the other cross. Weed is federally illegal in the states so no one is really enforcing nameing. I would be misrepresenting my seeds if I changed the name back to green crack because HSC doesn’t sell green crack. I also personally hate the association with crack cocain so I never say green crack when I don’t have to.

1 Like

Ya I wasn’t trying to make it personal just more like wtf did u get that idea from till I went digging in Google to see the claim wasnt so farfetched. I actually grew the plant up in grass valley Cali about an hour an a half from chico where the space queen x blue dream cross of it originated so to me that was the real deal, to find out green crack is being labeled as that is just so bizarre to me, we grew both green crack and dream queen out that year so can easily say we seen em both side by side and traits were so far off from each other I’d never in a million years think they were related.

1 Like

here is a really weird one. The cut is also called “Carl Sagan” sometimes online. I have zero clue why.

2 Likes

May as well just called it snoop Dogg since he mislabeled it lol oh wait he’s already got some snoop lion 🤦 maybe Carl was the original crosser?

1 Like

I kind of wish carl sagan would have won the name game originally. Name weed after people is always funny to me I have no Idea why.

2 Likes

Funny u say that cuz one of my runs was jack herer! And erybody loves jack

1 Like

Gary Payton? :laughing: Weird weed names.

1 Like

the weirdest one so far to me is wesley crusher. like, i didn’t even know he was that popular amongst stoners!

1 Like

@Mithridate, I dropped the Sour Bubble you sent me! Whole flip :+1: Cheers!
:robot:

3 Likes

Good choice :ok_hand:

Here’s a purple sour bubble from Carefree1 to bless your grow :pray:

8 Likes