DJ short old world genetics blueberry

how did the gg4xblack dom work out for you?

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Sketchy530

2 Likes

DJ Short Blueberry:

37 Likes

Very nice, tell everybody of nute regiment, please.

2 Likes

Everything Is in the soil mix I use. It is in a 3 gallon right now and once big enough to re- pot to a 5 gallon I change the soil mix a bit. So it’s entire time in veg I am just watering. When in flower I will start using bloom fert and cal- mag every other watering.

6 Likes

Welcome to OG!

To avoid cluttering this thread, you can check out my grow here

Long story short: I got three phenos - fast and lanky, slow and short, and the happy medium. My first round from seed had some male flowers appear but all subsequent clones have been 100% lady parts, so it must have been environmental. It’s a great smoke! Very sticky buds with a floral perfume scent.

3 Likes

I ran a clone of blue moonshine for many years in the mid 2000s in North Carolina. It set my standard for a long time. I still miss it. It was a solid overall plant.

The Vanilluna has wrinkle, variegated, and claw leaf mutants in it as well. Sometimes they grow out of it. Or at least enough so that it doesn’t seem to affect growth much. The weird toppers usually don’t do much beyond that. Sometimes they have a fused cone leaf as a terminal top. It’s weird.

3 Likes

Yep the first set of vanilluna I grew were all very mutated , one normal looking male in the bunch I relocated to a buddies , going to start more in the future and find a stable girl one way or the other

I ran a blue moonshine back in the early 2000’s. It was great looking, smelling, and tasting but the plants were spindly and lanky. I tried everything with it, but l couldn’t get it to yield or stand on its own. Purple variegated stem solid purple of the nodes.

2 Likes

That’s not telling everyone much.
Bb can’t stand alot of nutes, true bb anyway.
I’ve grown alot of bb and dj gear in the past not sure what it’s like now.

2 Likes

The original BB is the plant that taught me some plants much prefer less nutes. It also taught me they can also be very , very picky about PH and just about everything else . Man that BB was a finicky bitch but was sure worth it at the time.

1 Like

I can’t give a recipe for a soil mix because I eyeball everything, always have and have had very few problems.
The key is that I amend with mostly bat guano and worm castings up until they are ready for a 5 gallon and then instead of the bat guano and worm castings I use seabird guano.
I don’t want to give out instructions that aren’t precise for fear of harming someone’s plants.
I have also grown out dj’s blueberry before but it was along time ago and was a sativa dominant with twisted leaves. It was fussy and knowing that changed my amounts towards that process with this blueberry.

3 Likes

Yup twisty leaves and def more sativa dom then apparently what it has been worked to since .

2 Likes

More satty than indy. Supposed to have been indys.

I still have some of Lems bb beans which are sativas that I made, very nice.

Dj gear is hit or miss lots of wasted time since 2015.
All my beans came from his seminars so you’d think theyd be top notch.

4 Likes

I got these seeds from headymcdank, he said they were from 2008. The sativa I grew was back in 2000 or so, maybe earlier.
I am hoping this has the same flavor as the sativa doms I grew back then.

2 Likes

Perhaps you never got the sativa version? It was out there years ago, I am sure it’s still around somewhere.

A little history for you:

2 Likes

Like I said I have Lems

1 Like

I have three Blueberry fem from SeedsMan, as seedlings going and last night sent payment for JODI blueberry muffin, regs ( supposed the be the blueberry/ back bone of his blue line.
Plan is to do a seed run at least twice, over do it, let every thing run, mean while take choice clones collect every males pollen ( over kill ) and once I am blue with genetics Do the same for Skunk # 1 ( thinking Sensi Seeds, based on what i have deemed on line but no personal experience with there skunk, if anyone wants to chime. Eventually when I am sitting on a mountain of blue and skunk seeds and pollen. I will than attempt to make Blue Berry Skunk. Flying Dutchmen ( I read) had that strain lock down but I have hunted and those beans are unavailable.

6 Likes

@sedin I’ve got a couple older strains of his if interested? Vanilluna, azure haze and CK if any of those helps out? Been a bit since I’ve seen them but should still be in the vault.

3 Likes

Man I’d go with a different skunk #1 than Sensis it’s not the same anymore.
If you were to run there maple leaf instead it’s the only thing close to anything of Neville.
Think you’d be happier

4 Likes