Do I need to worry about nanners pollinating other plants in the drying phase?

So I am getting ready to chop some plants, and noticed one had quite a few nanners on it that I didn’t see, mostly on some lower buds…

I figure whatever damage done is done… BUT now I’m wondering:

If I hang dry this plant with other plants, is some additional pollination possible in the next 7-10 days when they are drying? Obviously fully formed seeds are out of the question, but could it cause some issue?

Will I be contaminating my drying space for the future?

Thanks for reading

2 Likes

A quick spray with water will deactivate any pollen that’s around and a plant needs white pistils in order for pollenation to succeed so I assume there are very few of those, and I don’t think it would happen after you cut both plants even if every other factor was right

7 Likes

No it won’t effect a thing if your harvesting the plants. I would expect to find a few seeds in the Buds though if your seeing pollen sacs/nanas.

7 Likes

What these guys said :point_up:

6 Likes

Take them with you in the shower.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Nice gif, I’m gonna steal that.

Thanks for the answers everyone.

I’m worried about wetting the plant before it dries because of mold :thinking:

Is wetting it at this point necessary?

2 Likes

A lot of people wash their Buds bro.

3 Likes

Yeah I say don’t bother.

2 Likes

I washed my last outdoor grow :bug:, forgot to dry them properly and later on my buds were black :see_no_evil:, I positively know I was not the only one having that issue … ejem|nullxnull

2 Likes

I’ve seen that, but not sure if there are extra steps involved or if it’s necessary at this point.

1 Like

@Meesh can advise you I’m sure. I’m sure you use a mixture of water, baking soda and lemon juice but I may be wrong.

2 Likes

This is the way a good man taught me: ejem|nullxnull

After watching all the remnants in the buckets :see_no_evil: I can say it works great … beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

Like @Xianpreservation83 said you need white pistils for pollen to work so you’re good.

1 Like