Do you have pollen?

Let me see what those strains entail…I’ve heard of BOG…I’ll get back with you soon. Thanks

My guys says some good old school…I’m interested…What do you need?

3 Likes

I have some frosted trainwreck pollen and altoidz reg if interested

1 Like

Just curious, how are you pollen chuckers storing your pollen, viability my main concern?

Don’t need any, just asking.

UB

2 Likes

Since you’re looking for old school, I thought I’d mention that right now you can get some RKS x Chem D BX (Chimera) pollen from @LouDog420 with a $25 donation to St Jude Hospital for Children. It’s that time of year to make some tax deductible donations if you do that, and Lou is offering folks a way to double dip on tax deductions and great preservation chucks from a guy with a proven eye, he’s worked closely with Tonygreen and others for years. You can find him and his work here and on ICMag where he’s been active much longer as a member. I’m growing one of his right now and it’s looking as good so far as any breeder pack, 3/3 popped, first one up in the plugs etc. I’m probably gonna put in another donation soon and pick up some more seeds, maybe pollen since winter is a good time to mail it. Last time I concentrated on getting his Sour Jack crossed to old Rez Chems/Diesels, but I want to get into the OGChem stuff or Casey Jones.

In the square pots are “LouDog Sour Chem” which is (4SD x Chem DD) x Sour Jack

5 Likes

@OldUncleBen this is a good discussion about it with some experienced folks giving their opinions. It seems like there is some disagreement about keeping it pure vs mixing in flour for bulk and moisture protection, but consensus on careful drying, much like bubble hash, and cold storage in cryotubes or sealed Mylar:

4 Likes

Diluting pollen with a carrier does not dirty it up, it’s still “pure”. Applying it straight is not needed and is just a waste. Here’s an old paper I did:

You have several choices for collecting and using pollen. Males will show as a football-like “ball” on a small, short petiole (stem) at the nodes. Once the pollen pods form, they will elongate via a stem, droop, and the flower bracts will open. After about one week after pollen pods first start to form, or upon complete opening of the male flower bracts, the males’ anthers will shed pollen which will appear as a pale, yellow dust.

Males do not take much light to survive once they reach flowering stage. Leave your male plant(s) in the grow room until the first male pollen bracts just begin to crack, and then move 'em into another room with a typical 12/12 schedule, this can be simulated with light thru a window, a flor fixture…no big deal.

You have a choice of placing this plant in a very quiet room with NO air movement, set on CLEAN paper, or, you can cut the branches off, making a clean slanted cut with a razor blade, and place the branches in a vase of water over paper. Collect the pollen once it begins shedding by placing a glazed ceramic plate or paper plate under the flowers and GENTLY tapping the individual branches. Pick out any flowers which tend to drop once in a while.

Don’t go visit the ladies until you have taken a bath as the pollen is very clinging. Ya know how da ladies are about cleaniness and clinging males :slight_smile:

Collect the pollen over time and place it into a clean vial like a film canister. I really like using a paper plate held under a group of flowers, and then gently thumping the stem. After collecting the pollen, the paper plate can be creased, held over a vial, and the sides and edges thumped until all the pollen is vibrated into the vial.

For a pollen carrier, heat about 2 or 3 teaspoons of flour in an oven to 180F for about 20 mins or in a small pot set on low heat, let it cool thoroughly, and mix with the pollen to dilute it. I use a ratio of about 1/4 tsp pollen to 3 tsp flour and have very successful pollination rates. Store in small containers excluding as much air as possible and store in the fridge for long term storage. Remember, it only takes one male to fertilize one female ovule, and there are millions of pollen cells in a 1/4 tsp of pollen so be sure and dilute it.

Take out only enough of the pollen mixture (1/4 tsp.) to use for one session and use your finger, or a small artist brush (my preferred method) to pollinate a few of the lower branches which have fresh, white pistils. Do not contaminate the main pollen source with a resinous, sticky artist’s brush! Clean the brush’s bristles with Isopropyl alcohol after each session and let the bristles dry thoroughly before using it again. I hit the chosen receptor branches 3 times on a weekly basis to insure a good supply of seeds.

Label the pollinated branches, and harvest your seeds in 3 to 6 weeks. I just cure the seeded branches with the rest of the crop, and tear apart the seeded buds with my fingers. You’ll find the seeds close to the stem. Store the seeds in the fridge or freezer, labeled of course, with a little dessicant like heat treated rice for long term storage.

Have fun,
Uncle Ben

8 Likes

I have a bunch of pollen that I have stored in the freezer leftover from this years outdoor. Here is my list:

NL#1 - (AKBB NL1 x ACC NL1)
NL#5 - from AKBB
Cluster Fuck - (ATF x MTF) from AKBB
Hawaiian Cat Piss - from AKBB
Kine Bud - (Maui dog x Lazy dog) from crickets and cicadas
Garlic Dog - (HP13 x Lazy dog) from crickets and cicadas
’88G13 x HP - from Hazeman

11 Likes

Yeah I’m gonna need to talk to ya about trading for some of that or whatever, please. DM incoming

1 Like

I personally store pure pollen (uncut) in a small gram baggies, get as much air out of the bag as possible & zip it up. Of course each bag of pollen is labled accordingly.

Place that bag inside an old pill bottle, place that inside a sandwich zip lock bag with a mini RH + Temp meter, & then place that inside another sandwich zip lock bag.

Then place that in the fridge crisper next to the carrots :carrot:

Successful used same pollen that produced seeds in this formate after 6+ months…

I use a qtip to apply pollen :sneezing_face: when nessarry.

1 Like

Sounds good! I just want to make sure it gets used! Always a fan of trades.

1 Like

Does anybody have any mendo breath reg pollen?

2 Likes

Who besides Doug with Blue Kush and Blue Moon Rocks is sitting on excess pollen? Just was trying to see what else might be currently available out there and was advised to try to revive this thread.

3 Likes

I have AMG sour reg pollen
Gg4 s1 pollen
Gruella fume reg pollen
Brawndo reg pollen
Pure Michigan reg pollen
Bog bubble reg pollen
Cheetah piss x gruella fume reg pollen

7 Likes

Did you ever find this? I have two Mendo Breath fem seeds I got as a gift a year ago. I’d like to have more x.x

2 Likes

:skull: pure Michigan !? Wow. Ur sitting on some good food

2 Likes

last summer when I made the Coastal Blueberry pollinations I stuck the jar of pollen collected from the male in the fridge. The jar was a 1/2 pint canning jar and instead of the ring and metal lid I used coffee filter paper for the lid and then screwed the ring on.
I added some instant rice to the jar… that’s it. There was probably a good tablespoon of pollen left over from last year and the jar has just sat at the back of the bottom shelf in the fridge where I forgot about it. Usually I make pollen packs and freeze them but I musta got stoned and missed that jar.
When I found it this season I decided to see if it was still viable and dusted a few branches in the greenhouse… Those branches are loaded with seed. So a full year later and even with poor fridge storage a good percentage of that pollen was still viable,

11 Likes

That’s great to hear my pollen os acouple months old so I’m hoping it’ll stay good for awhile! Thanks for the info. Would putting it in the freezer make it last even longer?

1 Like

I store mine in the freezer man. I’m going to go peeps it meow

2 Likes

I’m working on that @SubzeroIceKold inhave a purple mendo breath Pheno that I am trying to preserve. Hit that mendo with the pure Michigan and will hopefully be making some bx1. Also been trying to make some s1 pollen to make some s1 mendo breath. Will be doing the same thing to the oreoz cut I have as well.
Oreoz x pure Michigan and back to the oreoz. Trying to preserve these cuts. As well as others. Wish me luck. Hope I can share some of these with some of the OG people here one day.

5 Likes