Do you keep a log of your seeds in Excel?

I named my doc the exact same thing @_@ lol

I only have 20 seeds so no :slightly_smiling_face:

3 the blue wizard fems
3 Gorilla Dos Si Do fems
10 Cherry Festival @G-paS
4 Wedding Cake f4 fems @misterbee

8 Likes

I started mine with only the seeds i knew were on the wayā€¦ didnt even have a seed and was already nerding out in excel

7 Likes

Iā€™ve got something similar, but I get carried away w/data! So I include a lot more columns, including; transplant dates/sizes, final gro-out pot size, checkmark boxes for fimming/topping/natural, date/number of clones taken, ā€˜tea applicationsā€™, top-dressing dates, results. Also Iā€™ve been doing one for my soil mix recipes with cost breakdowns/results. I really should buy a tablet that I can carry around, getting old enough now that by the time I get back to the computer I always seem to have a couple questions!

7 Likes

I absolutely do. :green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

Yep, Excel.

Once you are on OverGrow, you have no choice otherwise itā€™s seed chaos.

9 Likes

QUESTION!! Only 20 seeds in your Inventory??? If so, PM ā€œpersonalsā€, weā€™ll see what we can do about that!! Photo/Reg or Auto/Reg/Fem, whatā€™s your ā€œseed(s) of choiceā€? SS/BWā€¦mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Yup!

ā€¦AND I OCD THE :poop: OUT OF IT! :rofl:

(image = ā€œjust the tipā€)

12 Likes

You can do that in excel too, advanced programming and using pivot tables. Looks nice, but I keep it simple in one table. Pretty similar to those already posted.

I was OCD about tracking at one time, every nute, every watering, even the yield, per individual plant. Then I got lazy / in a routine. About the only regret I have currently is my current flowering girls, I donā€™t remember the flip date (but can guestimate it +/- 7 days).

Seeds? Ya gotta stay on top of themā€¦ They quickly multiply and get out of hand otherwise, especially when its 3 of this, 5 of that. a 10 pack here n there.

I keep a record in Calc (the Open Office FREE equivalent of MS Excel / Office)ā€¦

5 Likes

So Kind!! There is beautiful spot for you in cannabis heaven @misterbee :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

im stealing a few good ideas from this threadā€¦ this is how i was keeping them organizedā€¦

this is just for keeping track of my seed stashā€¦ i have another xls that tracks each plant i grow

5 Likes

My ā€œcollectionā€ isnā€™t really excel sheet worthy yet! These are all great ideas though. :star_struck:

Iā€™m kinda being stingy with the beans I do have, compliments of some mighty fine members here. :facepunch:t2:

Yā€™all know who you are too! :wink:

Lots of bag seed to go through and there is lots to be said for bag seed. :hugs::green_heart:
Especially the inherited kind. :grin:

4 Likes

Nah, Queen :honeybee:'s gonna spread my ā€œdustā€ as Top Dressing on some Mimosa, Wedding Cake, and some Blueberry plants!!! After drying/curingā€¦ā€œsmoke meā€ if you will!! SS/BWā€¦mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

This is where my ashes are going come the day. Mckenzie River, OR

8 Likes

The funny thing about bag seed. It often gets a bad rap because of the handling of the weed, NOT the quality of the weed (original just harvested quality, not packaged, transported, repackaged, transported, possibly run thru a seive / pollen collector, and finally packaged one more time for you to purchase.

Before I got on OG, WAY long ago when I wouldnā€™t think of buying seeds online / overseas, I had no choice but to grow bag seed. Usually from mids, but plenty of brick weed (cause that came with the most seeds, mids were a lucky find for 2-3 seeds). Yet the bud / plants I grew from that bag seed was always better than the bag of weed they were found in. I attributed that to the fact that they were handled gently, jarred and not bagged / compressed / tossed around. Less hands on them from origin to destination.

Bag seeds arenā€™t always badā€¦ Lots of fire can be found in bag seed!

8 Likes

Iā€™m getting some great ideas from this thread! Hereā€™s mine, going to add columns for mother/father, date acquired/produced and climate notes

Colored strains are currently running, grouped by Sativa/Sativa-Hybrid/Balanced/Indica-Hybrid/Indica. I wanted the full spectrum of effects to find what I like, so I picked one from each group to run this summer.

I keep track of dates on the running plants like this:

7 Likes

dude you rock. thats really nice

Well its safe to say im going to need a few more sheets in my workbook.

Thanks for all of the great ideas and for sharing you actual running book. I will be creating the rest of my list and ill start with this thread. When you flip is an awesome idea and for whatever reason i was never going to think of that.

Now who wants to create a template we can all use? hahaha

2 Likes

Bagseed gets a bad rap cause sometimes itā€™s the result of herming and so the progeny isnā€™t as stable.

1 Like

Iā€™m talking about way before we get to that stage. 15, 20 years ago people would be like ā€œwhy you saving those seeds, thats shitā€. Yeah, mexican brick weed, chances it wasnā€™t a herm and was just males in a field. Nobody even worried about a herm then. Seeds would grow out to nice non-herm plants, the bud was always better than the bud it came from just because of the lack of rough handling and not being compressed into bricksā€¦ That alone increased qualityā€¦ But herms back then? Not as big a thing as today, and certainly higher chances of just open pollenation being it was mexican brickā€¦

6 Likes