Do you know pure Sativas with autoflowering properties?

What happens to the equatorial sativas if you keep them on 18h light 6h dark? Or how do one keep a mother of this varieties?

Meaning they start to reveg if you increase light after harvest or I’m reading it wrong. Is it possible to grow this up north with mild winters (or in greenhouses)?

Equatorial sativas usually get 11-13 hrs in their life.
They can freak out if you do 18/6, and its just unnatural. Doing 18/6 will make them a different plant than what they were in-situ

And yeah, you’d harvest most of the buds, then increase light hours, let it reveg for some months, then go back to flowering light schedule.
You can also supercrop using this tek. Veg til you get 8 or more nodes. Start flowering. Then when the plants get past their flowering stretch, reveg them for a while. This creates branchy monsters. Then flower again til harvest. You can play with the duration of first veg and first flower times to dial it in.
I like to do this to hybrids and indicas when i run for production but the plant either veges slow or normally doesnt produce much

3 Likes

I went upto 13/12 for 4 months…
The problem i see with landrace is, you just can’t keep up with the root system in pots, it have to be on the ground or in a gigantic fill…
While was waiting for bud development on the top, the roots bound at the bottom and died…

5 Likes

Thanks guys for participating in my education about equatorial sativas.

Have you tried root pruning?

1 Like

Nope, i was a total noob when it happened…
The plants all died one after another…
Now i only grow hybrids and autos…

1 Like

Im a total noob still i think :joy: hybrids n autos are pretty much the way i go too, forever on the hunt for something thatll work super well or drop seed n actually seed the local wildlife. Bit hard in scotland but autos will work.

1 Like