I would re-cut it and try again…

6 Likes

Yeah if it’s still alive just cut it higher up and retry

1 Like

How many inches should be taken off ?

Im gonna make a 45 degree angle cut.
How much I’m gonna take off idk…

1 Like

Goddamn that’s a big cutting. Hell I would say take it up to just above the next node if you can. But hopefully more experienced growers can chime in.

1 Like

I can make a 3-4in cut but then i got some plant stuff left over.

i would take the tips off all those leafs and i would cut it right above the 3rd node and go for a smaller cutting to root. the soft tissue roots much faster than wood stalk

2 Likes

Just my 2 cents but I’d cut it just below the green right where it starts shriveling. You can tell it wants to root right there n is about to.

2 Likes

You think i should use water or soil ?

I might make two what do you think ?

1 Like

I’ve found that the bigger the clone, the easier it roots.

1 Like

I was going to suggest you try making 2, I think there’s 3 viable cuttings there but 2 for sure.

Leaving too much leaf on in my experience is worse than leaving too little, and can lead to the cutting spending all of its time transpiring instead of rooting. Trim the tips of larger leaves when possible.

Good luck!

4 Likes

2 Likes

I’ve decided on using a water method for this; will it root is the question.

2 of them both water sources.

1 Like

They may, however, they will require oxygen and germ free water, so replace the water frequently and continue to remove the dead brown cells at the bottom of the stem, If it survives, it will root.

5 Likes

I believe they will root eventually but they basically have no need to since they have all the water they need.

1 Like

I am going out on a limb and gonna say no.

3 Likes

Stick it in some grow-media and put a dome over it.

2 Likes

hey i think you’re right :wink:

I hope they don’t drown :disappointed: