Do these look healthy enough to clone?

I know some of them have been nute burnt recently I do not have a ph tester atm but I’ve got a clone king and my buddies plants already got ate up (since he tried starting them outside) but I told him I’d give him some clones from mine and I’m wanting to move the ones outside pretty soon within a week or so for sure but I’m wanting to get clones off them a little before they go out. Would they be ok to clone today? I know they dont look the greatest I’m a n00b trying to figure how the feeding schedule works lol

8 Likes

For sure, I’ve cloned worse looking plants. They tend to eat themselves as they form roots, so those might come out the other side a bit worse for wear but its no biggie.

4 Likes

Cool thanks I just remember reading somewhere it said dont clone unless they’re healthy but I figured they were decent enough but again I’m n00b so just wanted to make sure.

5 Likes

Go ahead, like beacher i’ve cloned a lot worse than that during the previous 6 months. To don’t lose specimens ^^

Now considering the general shape, i will firmly advise you to cut the tops only (apical meristems) and to let them become a bit more “bushy”. A very partial harvest of clones. With a quick eye-scan, it represent a prudent ~50 clones for this first shot.

Good luck !

5 Likes

I did top the ones going outside once, the others that are a little taller I’m going to take a clone and flower it out and keep a mother of both strains and start my perpetual grow!

5 Likes

Well, 26 plants cloned and in the clone king fingers crossed they all make it :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Are these ok it’s been a week tomorrow since i cut them, I looked at some other clones online and mine looked like shit i thought? Except the one in the back is still green but it’s the only one?

1 Like

No worries - but as noted, they might look pale once rooted or consume the energy from the leaves. I have been more fond of cloning sick plants to restart then I have patience for when it comes to damaged roots.

That’s what I figured they were taking the nutes from the leaves just wanted to check thanks.

These still look normal to you? I was sick for a couple days didnt check on them and today they look like hell, can somebody confirm that they are or aren’t doing ok? I have a 8 bulb 4 foot t5 with half the lights on hanging above about 2 and a half feet at 24 hours a day.

Well they’re obviously not overly healthy but many of them should still make it. Are you seeing roots yet?

Personally I’d put the t5s more like one foot away.

No roots yet and I kept light up high cause I read multiple opinions about the light whether to even use it or not so I stuck it up high and turned it low as I could.

R they even starting to get little nubs yet?

Uhh what little nub? Never cloned before.

It shows. You need something to keep the humidity up until your plants have a strong enough root system to suck water.
Humidity Dome

When the cloner I’m using specifically says do not use a humidity dome

I figure it’s in a 2x4 tent humidity has to be high in their it’s literally a bucket spouting up water. I’ll throw a thing in and see what the humidity is

If you lift the lid or pull a clone out do you see little white bumps on the stem, or actual roots?

The white bumps are the nubs Tinytuttle was asking about, they’re the start of the new roots.

No…

1 Like

A gentle breeze blowing across the collars often is enough for a bump in rh. I’ve never used a dome unless I am cloning in a tray. Cloning machines don’t necessarily need a dome unless you have a really low rh to begin with.