Doc D Bandaid Haze, Colombian Gold x Dragon Energy and Ancient OG x DE; Bodhi Soar; Freeborn Skycuddler Kush #3 f3

I’m with you on the cookies. There have been a few of its progeny that I actually enjoy but they’re super few and far between. I find the effect a bit shallow and unimpressive, ultimately though it seems to exacerbate my severe depression. And I find that effect tends to carry over into a whole lot of its offspring. One strain I enjoy that came from it is Jawa Pie bred by Ocean Grown. Straight up loud key lime dough-y terps with solid indica like effects but just enough sativa to change my headspace. And as far as “feeding” I just meant what are the plants eating on? I don’t “feed” often. I grow in my own super soil, top dress maybe a couple times in a run (only once if can) a couple teas per run if stuff is extra hungry or something and homemade knf inputs as needed

9 Likes

Totally agree. Cookies has a bummer high. Just shows what people like is more about hype and marketing than it is about quality. I do like Chile Verde though which I think is a cross of the key lime pie cookies cut and lavender.

4 Likes

Okay, I finished the book, now when’s the movie come out? :slight_smile:

They all look nice, but man that’s a lot to wrangle!

I grew out 1 BH past summer. Doc said they like it warm, temps were 80-90°! 1 gallon airpot, and coco. I topped her a few times in veg, I think, ended up at maybe 3’. I did have to stake her pretty well, very floppy. Yours look sturdy!

I use salts in coco, and had to keep her ec about 0.8 the whole grow. Any others like about 1.4. Doc said feed light.

She went 120 days, and probably would have gone more, but a few nanners popped up, and it was time.

She was sort of an afterthought, so was under about 100W of led. Though I had read sats don’t like a lot of intense light, IDK about that.

Very little frost. Nice euphoric smoke.

I’m definitely gonna run the rest of the pack, with a lot more attention.

Now I’m just going to settle back and watch your rodeo!

7 Likes

I wasn’t too impressed when I tried Chile Verde, but that could just be that a keeper hadn’t been found by the grower yet cause it was his first run of it. And that’s the only time I’ve tried it

3 Likes

I haven’t actually grown it out myself but, had a friend who did it outdoors this season and the bud turned out really nice. I was pleasantly surprised considering it’s lineage. I know it hasn’t been worked that far and if you grow it from seed there’s some pretty wild heterozygosity going on so maybe I just got lucky and found a lavender dom one and you ended up with a more cookies-ish cut.

2 Likes

That’s interesting to me. And sorry that you gotta deal with that. But I do think that that might actually have something to do with the appeal of GSC to a lot of people. Or rather, why they respond in a “positive” way to GSC. I’ve really been getting the vibe lately (and when I say “lately” I mean the last five years or so, pre-COVID, even) that people just wanna be “mad online” and extremely “offended” and just pissed and “depressed” all the time about whatever the latest social media outrage is. Or just whatever anything. Stupid stuff, but whatever they can be “mad” at. It’s why I don’t do social media anymore, actually, with the exception of overgrow haha. There’s a lot of things to really, truly be pissed off about, real things that actually affect our lives in meaningful ways. I dunno what I’m getting at here right now haha, except that maybe people staring at their phones all day every day and smoking GSC is somehow related??? Hahaha!!!

Well, the plants aren’t “eating” on anything. The plants dictate what they want, the mycorrhizae delivers it. As long as you have a good soil mix, with everything a plant might need for the duration, it really is pretty much water-only. I only add stuff every now and then because I get bored. I have noticed that adding, like, coconut water later on in flower seems to make the flowers frostier, but since I never grow anything for more than one run, I can’t say for certain if that’s because I added coconut or if it’s just because the plants are further along in the cycle. I dunno. Truly, I don’t know haha.

Haha! Duuuuuude, you’ve seen my old grow reports at The Farm; this is nothing. Those old reports, I was high out of my mind on blow. I re-read one from like six years ago a few weeks back and was like,”OMG, I remember that, so fucking high that night…” I was writing those things on 72 hours of no sleep. I’m actually super-impressed with the brevity of my grow reports the last few years haha. Plus, I’d rather have too much info than not enough. Wouldn’t you?

Good to know. It’s been a little colder here lately, low, low 70’s in the tent, but I’m fine with that for now. As these plants mature and winter turns to spring, the temps in the room will go up. I’ll keep an eye on it, though.

I’m giving everything in this grow 105 days max. And that’s pushing it. Obviously, we’ll see how stuff does, but I’m not growing anything for 120 days. I’ll be decreasing lights-on by fifteen minutes incrementally here, as I always do. By week 12, they’ll only be getting like 10.5 hours of light. I think that’ll help them finish faster.

6 Likes

yeahhh i have been doing that just outta instinct when things need to wrap up, and turning the AC up too, MBP? TM7? what are those i’m not googleing it haha

ah man i was looking at that one hard, looks like it’s killer

what! aren’t they gonna be filled with water? i mean it rained a LOT in la the past few weeks

5 Likes

Super excited to see this grow. I’ve been really curious about the BAH and the dragon energy cross. Got my chair

3 Likes

Malted barley powder. I grind it myself, though. Don’t buy the pre-ground powder, just go to a brew store and buy the seeds.

BioAg humic acid, with seven different micronutrients added. Boron, copper, can’t remember the rest. That actually is the one thing I try to be sure to add every grow, either late in veg or very early in flower.

You’re using the exact same soil mix right now, pretty much. And at this point, you don’t wanna be fucking with anything, in those gigantic no tills you’re in and all. What’re you gonna do? Dump it all out and start over? Your mix is good, just let shit grow in it and let the mix break down etc. You really are using almost the exact same mix.

I keep forgetting to ask you, did you add earthworms to your pots? I think that they might be pretty vital in a no till. If I ever go that route, I’ll definitely be adding some to mine. Even though I think worms are gross haha!

Yep. They’re extremely heavy right now haha. Not looking forward to moving them, which is why I’ve been putting it off for like five days haha. I’ve got a plan, though… But yeah, man, they’re suuuuuuper-heavy right now.

Edit: sorry, @supershitfuck I didn’t realize what you were asking here. I drill little holes all over the bottom and sides of my soil bins, so even though they got like eighteen inches of rain on them a while back, there’s no worry about tons of water just sitting in the bottom of the bins. It just drains right out. The soil got a good soaking, but it’s not gonna go anaerobic or anything. Those bins are still heavy, though haha. And I still haven’t moved them back into the garage…

4 Likes

yeah i know haha but nah i didn’t add worms, i was counting on worm castings to come with enough worms to populate but why did i think that i don’t know haha, but yeah it works without worms too, i should definitely get some if not it defeats the purpose to have living soil beds, i do have predator mites and beetles tho so it’s alive! malted barely does sound like it’s super super great, so is humic acid and micro nutrients, when i need to level up i’ll know what to do, for now it’s tap water and top dress for the win, how easy it is, the quality and quantity is beyond my wildest expectations already, i think the next thing i do is water and soil test, my plants do all have something going on that’s not good

also i listened to a doc d interview that dude reminds me so much of bodhi, he also said something that stuck, over the many years he’s been growing there’s only a very few exceptional plants that popped up, so to me it translate to : pop a lot of seeds and take cuts! if there’s something i think is even more exceptional out there i want it haha fuck yeah doc d sounds like he really knows what he’s doing, almost more than anyone else haha

7 Likes

Add some worms to your pots. Seriously. They’ll break down everything on their own and then all of that other stuff, the humic acid and MBP and whatever all else won’t be necessary after a while. The MBP is enzymes, which fresh worm castings are full of. Predator mites and beetles, that’s good, but get some worms in there.

I’ve read that worms are really good for soil… haha!

Anyway, at least you’re doing the no till thing. I’ve just been talking about it for, like, five years haha…

Yeah, I’ll check out those podcasts pretty soon. Just reading his emails every month and looking at grow logs of his gear, I get the same vibe from him as I do Bodhi. Which is why I’ve been checking out Doc D’s stuff lately. I do wanna get back to growing more Bodhi seeds at some point pretty soon, though. “Blue, you’re my boy!”

Or, er, Bodhi. I meant Bodhi haha. “Bodhi, you’re my boy!”

5 Likes

What podcast is the Doc D interview on?

2 Likes

It’s lemonhoko podcast. If you go to the doc d thread it’s one of the more recent comments.

5 Likes

@minitiger pulling up a chair. Can’t wait to see how these bandaid hazes and soar turns out!

3 Likes

Glad to see your next journal! You always do a great job documenting it all. Cool to see Soar - it seems like that OMG male imparts his structure pretty dominantly. Ill be curious to see how these all turn out - sativas are so hit and miss for me, some are perfection - enhance every activity and make me social (im not normally ha), and others are just overwhelming - anxiety, heart racing. I think hazes are usually toughest for me - any sativa that starts out strong tends to be. The creeper sativas seems to work best imo.

5 Likes

I ran her at 10/14 for the whole bloom… I run everything 10/14 :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Sweet! Glad you’re here.

It’s just that one plant. The other three that turned out male didn’t look much like her. I grew another OMG hybrid, Smart Move, and I got one super-OMG-leaning one and one that was not like that at all. She looked more “Thai” to me, but she didn’t stretch outta control. She stretched a lot more than the OMG-leaner haha, but nothing too crazy.

I dunno why, but it’s the Indica-dominant plants that make me anxious, at least initially. Sativa-dominant ones never do. Kinda like how they give hyperactive kids speed to calm them down, I guess. I dunno haha.

Really? Fuck… Haha. Okay, well, I still don’t think I’m gonna let anything go past 105 days. But we’ll see. If something seems like it’s gonna be totally amazing, if I just let her go 120 days, I’ll do it.

8 Likes

yeeeeeeep!

noted, like, for sure.

from old school? it’s “you’re my boy, Blue” in that order, years ago i watched that movie on acid, schrooms, mdma, speed, everything. about like 800 billion times, like that’s something i accomplished haha

oh, fucking thank god haha i was like… i don’t think you’re supposed to do that!!

on another topic, right now i turned down my lights down to like 50% and switched to 10/14, to kinda force the fade a little, last time i harvested early but i wana see gold faded buds this time, one plant is not finishing in time tho… i might have to stager the harvest, but i gotta dry in my flower room, what i did before was hang the plants inside big cardboard boxes in the flowering flower room, it totally worked

5 Likes

Definitely hitting that “watching” button here dude. Stoked to see the skycuddler, mean gene seems to have really cool vibes from the interviews I’ve heard, sucks that it started out as kind of a chore for you though. He has said straight up in the potcast though that if you’re ever even slightly unhappy with any of his gear to hit him up and he’ll make it right, so if you’re at all frustrated you should give him a shout. He also admits that because he breeds outdoors that some of his stuff can act funny inside, the skycuddler is surprising though because that’s one he’s had around for a while to hear him talk about it. Regardless I’m hyped to see it grown out.

That CH x DE is a Doc D cross? We got a local guy out here that was breeding with the DE a couple years ago, I got a couple packs of his crosses but never grew em out, that name caught my eye for sure just out of sheer curiosity.

Everything is looking sick though man, it’s gonna be a killer show, imma be over in the corner hangin out :v:t2::v:t2:

4 Likes

Good that you’re adding worms to your pots. I don’t think it’ll make a huge difference for another couple grows, but it’d be a good idea to get them in there ASAP.

6 Likes