Seed Run Co-op: Goroka Highland, Papua New Guinea

Here we grow again!

Strain: Goroka Highland IBL, Papua New Guinea
Donor: @hush
Gardener: @slain
Gardener: @DiggySoze

:loud_sound::warning:How this works is :loud_sound::warning:

You sign yourself up by clicking the triple dot symbol.
then clicking the pencil symbol
An edit window should appear at the bottom of your screen that you can use to edit this post. Add your username where it goes in alphabetical order under the category it goes under, either ADDRESS ON FILE or ADD/SEND LIST.

Donor sends seeds to breeder OR breeder has the seeds already for the project
Breeder grows the plants and documents it in the assigned thread
Those interested puts their name on the list for the breeder and distributor to go off of (How many packs needed)
Receiver ensures their safe address is on file through pm
Breeder harvests the seeds, dries them out and sends them to each distributor
Distributor reaches out to everyone in their area to arrange postage and delivery
Distributor sends out the seeds and gives receiver an estimated delivery date if they can
Distributor moves the members name from wait list to shipped list
Receivers inform seeds received

Current Request List:
:envelope_with_arrow: Address on file :envelope_with_arrow:
Africa: MikeM
Aus: Johnnybsmokin
Canada: Shadey
Latin America: MadScientist
UK/EU: Gaz29
US: MomOnTheRun

Regular Member (Trust Level 3) Sign Up’s

1 shiskaberrysavior
2 MichiGreen
3 BubbaRay
4 HeritageFarms
5 allotment
6 jdem075
7 AllOra
8 Meesh
9 SamwellBB
10 cannabissequoia the one and only…
11 joecool
12 man-bot
13 DanzaKuduro
14 khaoohs
15 misterbee
16 MBVapester
17 Badfishy1
18 TheShowMeHomie
19 zephyr
20 Neogitus
21 lefthandseeds
22 Mongobongo
23 Northern_Loki
24 hashtree
25 ttutone
26 Swe-can
27 Sebring :grin:
28 Olbrannon
29 herb4ever
30 Northern_Loki
31 Craigson15
32 Jay
33 riahgorf_1
34 greenbugg
35 Guitarzan
36 schmarmpit
37 invisible
39 grease_monkey
40Plantshepherd
41 Zion
42 kronickuz
43avr1
44 daytripr69
45 valleymicro
46 gaz29
47 randrobertson522
48 danonly
49 organicgorilla
50 Foreigner
51 HolyAngel
52 curiouscat
53. TheHighCheef
54 Morbidly_OG
55 Indoornesian
56 BDGrows
57 GreenBhoy
58 OtisCampbell
59 Gpaw :canada:
60 pawsfodocaws
61livingthedream
62Funciona1971
63 monkeyman :monkey_face:
64 Kingmambo
65 ChronicMcBudz
66 Gman
67 YoungDad420
68 cdnBuddy
69 corey
70 MBSeeds
71 repins12
72 Chronickyle
73 BigMike55
74 DougDawson
75 Pedro :beers:

Member (Trust Level 2) Sign ups

2 Mr Toast
3 ReactorPWR
4 mike28086
5 pookie123
6 MidwestMover
7 BuckeyeBeanz
8 TheBubbleKing
9 Drnylle
10 LonnieBoy28
11 jhentz
12 Bullskinner65
13 MidwestMover
14Fredrick Flinstoner
15 pakore
16 SCjedi
17 TrytogoodBud
18 Katanaking00
19 Upstate
20 Smokerheat
21PROfessor
22OldToby
23danonly i’m back to regular
24 instg8ter
25terpysmoker
26 Hugh_Glass
27yobigdaddy
28 Felzarn
29Tejas
30 Needsomebeans
31 6u3m
32 RedOctober
33joboo
34 Rugged_Man
35 rootfarmer
36BudaFingaz
37SweetLeaf
38 repins12
39 theomegajedi
40 Iggypuffs
41 Yawningtears
42 RoryBorealis
43 Rhino_buddy
44 joshj
45urbs
46 HappyTrees23s
47 Moka
48 Art_Vandelay :love_you_gesture:t3:
49 LOTF
50 ftlob
51Oldtimerunderground :canada:
52@MTL🇺🇲
53 kushking902 :canada:
54 FattyRoots
55 @Zolorp :us:
56 goatrock :us:
57 BirD
58 @OGTreeSlayer :us:
59 @Tao :us:
65 @Yetigrows :canada:

-_-
These genetics were collected in 2017 in the Goroka Highlands of Papua New Guinea, around 6 degrees South Lat. It’s rumored to be the ancestor to Mullumbimby Madness, which Shantibaba said looked like a Colombian-Thai hybrid, starting a chain of people repeating the claim as fact. I wouldn’t be surprised if it did indeed contain a Thai x Colombian, but given the distance as the crow flies, MM surely contains PNG.
Azure did the first expansion using two females and one male. The seeds we will be germinating are the offspring of that run;

For quick reference, his seeds were germinated on the first of May, and after 5 weeks:

flipped to flower after 5-6 weeks, :point_up:
and didn’t show sex until ~9 weeks old. :point_down:

10 weeks: :point_down:

-_-
19 weeks after germination:

I received my seeds today.
High temp outside was barely above freezing, so the whole pack was moved directly to the drying room, to acclimate up to the low 60s Farenheit before opening.

Six seeds were removed after about 10 hours, and each one placed directly onto one liter of gravity-packed living soil, and loose-filled 15 to 20mm.

1000ml of this coco based soil weighs ~300g bone dry, plus 100g of water to bring it up around 30% moisture content.

So on and so forth…

Update:
If anyone is interested in a pack of these seeds and has not received a PM from me, feel free to send me one. If you just want to wait, they’re on the way to the various distributors and you’ll receive it in the fall giveaway like normal.

A quick grow report:

• Seeds direct sown in soil, 4 females and 2 males iirc. Two females given away.
  • Harvested at 30 weeks from germination. With 24~30 nodes, each plant took up about a 3x3 space.
  • Two plants shared 15 gallons of soil, without complaint. Would have been more comfortable in 30.
  • One female leaned more towards a stereotypical Thai shape, with long slender branches. The other female had a more Christmas tree shape, like a Colombian. I have no reason to believe this is a hybrid, rather than a variable trait.
  • Throughout the thread I mention wanting to take sexually mature clones and never flowering rootstocks. On the next run I would definitely stick to that. And unless you’re a little sadomasochist, I would suggest anyone else take the clone-only route, too. :sweat_smile:

For the future; A proper male or males needs to be found that can steer the line towards trichomes production.

Best option, IMO; two immaculate females could be found, reversed, and the line lead towards the final product. When the incredible male is finally found the Y chromosome can be reinserted, and we’ll have a line of regular seeds again.

71 Likes

Yo. I’m frothing at the mouth. More than normal.

#1 Me me me mem emememememememe

:laughing:

THANKS!!!

:christmas_tree: :smoking: :mountain:

12 Likes

Yup it works now ! Nice strain to preserve good luck guys .

7 Likes

BAM! I’m in. I’m in level two but will get it up to three before finish. I’ll change it when I do. Gotta figure out what more needs to be done. I got level two last January and visit daily. I believe it’s because I’m not maintaining my grow thread.

Thanks to Diggy, hush, and slain. Big time props. I need more Sativa. Cool leaf colors. Best vibes in the gardens! peace

8 Likes

That would be amazing to breed with! I can’t wait to see what flavors and aromas it has!

3 Likes

Great to see these as I just asked @hush about these not long ago as I am definatly interested in landrace sativa based strains from unusual locals…:sunglasses:

7 Likes

This is exciting! +20

4 Likes

Have never smoked anything from New Guinea But always a first time. Thanks for making these available.

5 Likes

But has New Guinea smoked you? :thinking: :fire: :japanese_ogre:

:wink: :v:

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

It’s possible. You would get so fucking high. Could be scary. You just never know. lol

4 Likes

If this ain’t me on the Fourth of July.

12 Likes

I can’t wait to see these grow out! Thank you for volunteering to preserve this strain, and for taking it seriously. :thumbsup:

10 Likes

Lmao man. I hope I don’t get a nightmare from it, ha.

4 Likes

Wow this is something real different. Will be great for an outdoor hunt.

4 Likes

Your threads are always a great read I look forward to this project pulling up a chair

5 Likes

Yeah you should be regular status for sure you contribute more to the community then I do @GMan

4 Likes

I am waiting on my to arrive… fingers crossed… I will get them in the ground as soon as possible everything going well… will prep the ground… going to go full outdoors organic with this one… the monsoon should be here some time over the next few months and at this time of year most nights are spent in cloud at or near 100% rh, This is really going to test out its resistance to mold etc. though I think this might be one of the very few strains that might actually get all the way through outside in this part of the world…
Looking forward to seeing what it does!

16 Likes

Good vibes and luck on the project bro! Sounds killer in every aspect. Thanks for making it a co-op too! After a string of bad luck/misfortune, we could use some good ganja vibes.

Best of luck!!

5 Likes

Simulating Papua New Guinea conditions here will sure be a big challenge :sweat_smile:, thanks for giving me this opportunity, will follow this thread with big curiosity and interest … :sunglasses:

11 Likes

I am so happy to be involved with this community.
Thanks and a due Respect to everybody. Just hoping I’m not too far down this list
Wishing you best of luck @slain
MAY you be Blessed and you too @DiggySoze

6 Likes