Doc D Bandaid Haze, Colombian Gold x Dragon Energy and Ancient OG x DE; Bodhi Soar; Freeborn Skycuddler Kush #3 f3

ahhhh my wife said he says “you’re my boy, blue” at the funeral that’s what i was thinking of but eh you’re not wrong after all

2 Likes

Sweet! Welcome.

I really don’t wanna bother him about it. I think I found all of the sacs, we’ll see how shit turns out. If there’s a bunch of seeds in the finished flowers, maybe I’ll mention it to him. But I doubt it haha.

Yeah, it was on his pre-release list a while back, so I bought two packs. Thirty bucks a piece, you really can’t go wrong with that. I noticed them listed in the most recent email, too, if you’re interested. I’m not sure what exactly “pre-release” means, but I’m assuming that means they haven’t exactly been tested. So I’m keeping a close eye on them haha.

I’m never wrong, dude…

Haha, just kidding, we’re both right. Or your wife’s right, anyway. He does say,”You’re my boy, Blue…” at the funeral. But I was definitely thinking of the more pumped-up quote, when Blue was still alive. “Bodhi, you’re my boy!” haha!

4 Likes

There’s a lot going on in there, I’ll pull up a seat and slowly get up to date.
:peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Yea dude I don’t know that I’d hit up a breeder like that either unless shit really fell apart on me, but I do agree with you that for the price I would expect better germ rates, and no herms at all.

6 Likes

Took these pictures last night.

Bandaid Haze #1, flower day 39:

Bandaid Haze #3, flower day 39:

I know I said I was gonna get back to my usual every-other-day watering schedule, but I blew it off and the plants are paying the price. You can see in the above photo that those leaves are really sagging. I pulled a BUNCH off last night, from multiple plants (although not every plant, which I though was interesting; drought resistance and all that…). Moving forward, I’ll absolutely be getting back to the every-other-day thing that I usually do.

Bandaid Haze #3 closeups:

Here’s the Bandaid Haze #4, flower day 39:

I dunno if you can see it in that last pic, but some of those pistils are turning a little brownish, which is making me ever-so-slightly worried. I don’t think anything got pollinated, but I can’t be sure. It seems awfully early for any of the BAH’s pistils to start turning any color other than white. I suspect it’s because I haven’t been watering often enough. I hope that’s why, anyway. Humidity levels have been all over the place lately, too; one day it’s 50% humidity where we live, the next three days it’s 15%. Kinda hard to keep everything regulated in the grow room. I dunno if that could have anything to do with it, but I’m sure it’s not helping.

Bandaid Haze #6, flower day 39:

Horrible pic, but I kinda like it haha.

So they’re starting to develop a little frost, which is always exciting. A little earlier than I anticipated, to be honest. The #6 has this really interesting-looking cola that I wish I could’ve gotten some closeups of, but she’s just too dang tall haha. I really love the way the flowers are forming on her, though. She looks like she’s gonna take the longest, for sure, but she also looks like she has the potential to develop into one of those freak Bandaid Hazes like in that reddit thread, with the colas that look like the plant from “Little Shop of Horrors” haha.

Anyway, here’s the Colombian Gold x Dragon Energy #1, flower day 39:

She’s still my favorite plant in the tent. Smells are unreal. I mean, everything is starting to get pretty stinky, but when I took her out of the tent last night, I remember thinking,“Holy shit…” I got pretty drunk last night, so I can’t remember what exactly I was smelling and it doesn’t really matter anyway, since I’m sure the smells will evolve over time, but yeah, I do remember being blown away by how complex and amazing she smelled.

And the Colombian Gold x Dragon Energy #2 (which is my least favorite plant haha):

Everything really wouldn’t be too outta control in the tent if it wasn’t for this one plant. She’s taking up so much room and just towering over the shorter plants, crowding everything. She’s also been showing signs of maybe some sort of deficiency (as has the Soar). Maybe? I can’t tell if it’s a deficiency (kinda looks like Mg, on both her and the Soar) or if it’s just because I haven’t been watering enough. In any event, I’ve gotta start brewing a compost tea for the Ancient OG x AfPak plants (which I forgot to take pics of last night, sorry) later today, I’m gonna give the leftovers to the flowering plants tomorrow night, hopefully that’ll help.

Closeups of the C. Gold x DE #2:

She’s another one that has brown pistils showing up what I would consider way too early. They’re not withered or anything, though, I really don’t think anything got pollinated, but still… I hate this plant haha!

Just kidding. I love her.

Here’s the Soar #3:

Horrible full-plant shot. Like I said, I got pretty drunk last night.

Soar #3 closeups:

She’s looking like she’s gonna finish pretty dang soon, which is surprising to me. She’s also looking rough, probably because she needs to be drinking more water as she develops. My bad. I fucked up. I admit it. She still smells unbelievably good, though, second-best-smelling plant in the tent, for sure. Very loud, too.

And here’s the Skycuddler Kush #3 f3 #2 (#3 f3 #2? That’s a mouthful…):

I actually did message meangene about these seeds last week, but not because of the germination rates. I just wanted to get any info at all about them, because there are zero grow reports online (that I could find, anyway). He said that they finish right at 55 days, outdoors, and that 60 days might even be overdone. That kind of surprised me. I mean, I knew she’d finish up way faster than everything else, but I didn’t think it’d be 55 days-fast. I never grow stuff that finishes that quickly, if I can help it, but I’m stoked. I was fully planning on not having any new weed until like mid-April at the earliest when I planted most of these seeds, so I’m pretty happy that I’ll be chopping her in about two weeks. Couple that with the Soar, which also looks like she’ll be done in two or three weeks and I should have some of those smoke reports happening in the not-too-distant future, @MidwestMover haha!

Anyway, yeah, flower day 39. I love it haha.

37 Likes

holy cow Those bandaid hazes seem very uniform. Doc D must of put in some serious work to get to that result. I am also surprised that the Soar seems so far along. Keeping a keen eye on you friend!

7 Likes

Yeah, I’m really, really impressed with them. The flower formation on one of them, the #6, is different from the others, like I said, and she’s also taller than the others. One of them, I think it’s the #4, is noticeably shorter than the others (not a bad thing haha), but overall, yeah, you’re right. Very uniform. Very stinky, too haha. Which is also not a bad thing.

10 Likes

Of the 2 Bandaid Haze I grew one was indeed a herm. Yours does look like browning from drought to me. Hopefully that’s all it is. Got my fingers crossed for you.

6 Likes

Looking good in here! SCK throw anymore balls? It’s looking real healthy to me :yum:

5 Likes

I’ve been checking everything super-closely, on account of those sacs I found on the Skycuddler, haven’t seen anything yet. You’d think that the Bandaids might be prone to herming, considering the genetics, but like Moka said, I think Doc put some real good work into this line. Anyway, thanks! My fingers are crossed, too haha.

11 Likes

I haven’t seen any. I might bust out my magnifying glass haha. Seriously, though, I might. Getting shitfaced yesterday probably didn’t help, either haha. But they look fine to me, no more sacs.

9 Likes

Yes he did. If I had a separate place to flower that herm out I would of. That jawn was looking and smelling good.lol got one s1 seed I’ll pop one day though.

8 Likes

Nice pic, I really like the way the buds are forming on that one. She looks real frosty already too.

That SkyCuddler is looking good too, I like those little triangle shaped nugs. 55 days is crazy fast to me, but I guess not unheard of.

14 Likes

Oh, what? You don’t like any of the other pics???

Haha, just fucking around. Yeah, I really love that #1. She’s coming along. I do remember last night thinking that the Dragon Energy male must be coming through in the smell. I’m not sure what exactly that means haha, but I’ve read that he imparts a sorta sour thing, so that’s cool. I’m kinda sitting here hoping that I don’t regret not taking cuts of her (again…), but I’ve got like two-and-a-half packs left, so if the smoke turns out like something I can’t live without, I can run some more and hopefully find a similar plant. And then take cuts haha.

The only things I’ve grown that finished around 55 days were Bodhi’s Apollo 11 f4’s, which I knew were gonna finish in about seven weeks, and the Mendo Purps/SSDD testers, which I did not know were gonna finish that quickly. Those were actually done in six weeks. Blew my mind. I let some of them go another week, just because I was like,”Six weeks??? Fuck that!!!” haha. But yeah, I guess since meangene does all his breeding outdoors, it’d be to his advantage to get a little quick-finishing action going on. I dunno.

13 Likes

They all look great. I’ve got some brown pistils showing up also. I did throw some pollen on my DragonsBlood Hashplant so I’m hoping it’s from that. I’m also checking everything growing and not seeing sacks anywhere. Now give them girls some water lol.

7 Likes

Forgot to post this “whole tent” shot:

Those are the two C. Gold crosses in the very front; the #2’s on the left. I know it looks like three plants, but it really is just one haha. Look at the height difference between the #1 and #2. Killing me… I’m considering putting the #1 on a five-gallon bucket, just to get her a little more even with the rest of the plants, but I might wait until I chop the Skycuddler to do that. I put the Soar on a bucket a while back, forgot to mention that. If I hadn’t, she’d be like three feet away from the light. She’s in the back right-hand corner in the above pic, pretty much the ideal distance from the lights. Can’t say the same for anything else haha.

26 Likes

Haha, I know, I know. I fucked up. Ever since those aphids last run, I’ve gotten back to the whole “shower before you start fucking with the plants and only go in there in boxers or clean sweatpants and nothing else” routine that I did for years. But lately, I’m like,“I don’t feel like showering and scrubbing and watering every-other-night right when the lights turn on…” I mean, I shower every night haha, but I dunno.

I read this article about a pitcher for the Braves (fuck the Braves) on theringer.com a couple weeks ago who got the yips and ever since reading it, I realized that that aphid thing kind of got in my head. He couldn’t pitch properly and got all weird and it took him like four years to work through it and get back to dominating (again, fuck the Braves haha). I’m so terrified of fucking up my grow that I just don’t wanna go in there and do the things that I know need to be done. At all. I dunno. It’s weird. Like, I’d rather underwater them than go in there every-other-day and “risk” bringing something in, even though I’m showering and then immediately going into the grow room and I’m not letting my dog in there any more etc etc etc. It’s fucked up.

But yeah, I’ll water them every-other-day from here on out! I promise haha.

13 Likes

I thought I was the only one. Now with kids I have to lay in his bedroom for an hour waiting for him to go to sleep. I still laugh when I was inoculating mushroom jars and all I had on was a mask and rubber gloves. The wife asked wtf are you doing. I just shouted cooking drugs.

12 Likes

haha, nope, only that one :wink: … nah they’re all good actually, that one just caught my eye and stood out.

Interesting on the DE smell, I’ll have to keep an eye out for that sour note when I get to mine. You can always try a re-veg if it’s something you really like, but usually by the time you smoke them and know which one you like the best, you’ve already chopped the one that got you really high anyways…

Yeah I think that’s a good point and he’s probably shooting for fast finishing stuff that does well outdoors. I’ve not had anything finish that fast, from seed anyways… I’d like to give his gear a go, hard to find usually. I’ve been following him on instagram, so maybe I’ll be more in the know when he releases stuff.

Damn that’s a full fuckin tent, no wonder you’re worried about that CG x DE #2 dominating everything, haha.

6 Likes

whooa! that’s dedication… i’d get some predators in my grow and let 'em handle their business if a intruder comes… if like 5 aphids get in a room where there’s 1000 rove beetles or whatever predator… they don’t have a chance, i just fell like they’ll come either way tho (the aphids)

9 Likes