Doc D cannabis seeds

@Vagabond_Windy nice order. I ordered the outer limits last week right before it was mention it was this month’s freebie. And i got a free 5 pack of the chemd/gsc x afpak
Just germinating 5 outerlimits tonight with a few other strains as well.

18 Likes

Ugh… potting up 20-something Bananastans & 20-something Banana OG x Afpaks this morning. Was supposed to be a sinsemilla crop — but due to two failed germ attempts, my male tents are empty. And I’m thinking about housing both groups of these banana males :thinking:
I should’ve taken pics before I got started. I already feel overwhelmed lol

Eta:
22 bananastans, 20 Banana Og x afpaks
But I’m gonna cull any shitty weak growing plants. I’ll keep runts as long as the root system/foliage is healthy.

24 Likes

I’m very interested in how they all turn out but especially the bananastans after I tried some Ethiopian flame V2. Ethiopian banana seems like an interesting plant. Would love to see some sort of back cross to it.

5 Likes

Are you journaling this?

4 Likes

How did the Ethiopian Flames turn out? I’ve never had banana terps (never smoke banana og either), so I’m super curious about any Ethiopian/banana og cross

7 Likes

I had no intention to make a whole new thread, but I’ll spam this thread with periodical updates :wink:

I figure if anyone’s looking up Doc strains, they’d end up here anyways.

9 Likes

Ethiopian flame had a nice banana stem rub early but later turned more sharp berry, a little pine and forest floor, and a small bit putrid. I think the banana can get stepped on by stronger smells pretty easy. The affect had some of what I imagine is from the banana with a chill head high (most likely a little cbd), and awake but not overly so. Also quite pain relieving.
I haven’t run any afpak crosses yet. I have had some banana og, and that’s a pleasant smoke.

10 Likes

The Dragon Energy is super dominant in certain crosses (usually with super recessive moms, IME), makes total sense. Doc mentioned that the Afpak lets female traits through, and that the Bananastan has been his favorite Afpak cross because of how it carries over mom traits.

I have 10x Ethiopian Flames and 14x Bananastans that are starting flower tomorrow, so we will see what this mom has to offer! Super excited for it, because those who have tried mom have had great things to say.

17 Likes

Fight milks the other 2 didn’t make it they germed just didn’t make it above the soil. I been having a real problem with that lately :confused: I think I’m just planting them to deep.

Nigerian haze x Swazi red x Malawi gold x Blueberry about 9 weeks in. I squeezed a lower nug and she smells like a squeezed a tootsy roll aaaaaand she’s finally throwing trichomes.

29 Likes

the most banana-ish strain I ever smoked was a sativa hybrid called boonana. it used to pop up in san francisco dispensaries around 2013-15.

I had a sample from a friend’s personal grow that smelled very strongly of cooked banana like banana bread or something. the high was very rushy and confusing, but pretty fun.

14 Likes

Doc D droppin an Always Sunny reference?! :joy::rofl::joy:
1648f790-1f7c-4bc6-acd0-030001e48702_text

8 Likes

He has an always sunny line.

FRANKS LITTLE BEAUTIES
THUNDER GUN EXPRESS
FIGHT MILK

And I forget the rest.

-GH

10 Likes

Hell yea lol @HeadyBearAdventures

Shadynasty!!! and riot juice are two more to that list @GrowHard I feel like there maybe one or more still missing.

7 Likes

This is amazing and makes me want to buy Doc D beans :rofl:

3 Likes

Super brief updates with photos and more details to come but… end week 2 of flower.

Sour D x Lemon Thai look and smell incredible. Sour d leaners having a much more open vertical growing structure and are absolutely sucking up as much water as I can throw at them. Lemon Thai leaners have a bit more of an even structure, some horizontal branches needed pruning.

Lemon Thai looks great as well. These are serving as markers for Lemon Thai expression. I’m seeing a medium bushy structure on most, lots of leaf on them. Needed to remove bottom 4 branches because of horizontal growth. Also had to do extensive de leafing to eliminate microclimates. After some maintenance they look great.

Goji x lemon Thai… Short squat leafy things with barely any stretch. I killed 5 of them because they were basically just super compact future larf bushes. Based on what I’m seeing in the pure LT lines, this Goji Razz mom is definitely dragging down the vigor of many phenos. At this time I’m not seeing many Goji x LT plants that are ready for the mom room. But I’m going to keep my eyes open for terps that may warrant working this line into something more viable for craft production.

I do have a handful of Lemon Thai leaner in the Goji x LT pool that could be great. We have potentially 2 more weeks to stretch so at this point, anything could happen!

Oh yeah! The Lemon Thai leaners seem to throw out pistils and flower sites before everything else. Seems like the LT leaners may trigger fastest, and may finish fastest as well. We will see!

21 Likes

Lemon Thai f5…

41 Likes

What kind of smells are you getting?

4 Likes

So far, light sweet unmistakable lemony citrus for most of these… two outliers, one more loud than the rest, still sweet but with some skunkyness upfront, another has a spicy smell like fennel and clove and sweetness…of the citrus. Stem rubs are pretty sticky…not greasy, tight nodes and mostly thin viney branches. A few odd branches, on one of the tri petole, growth is flat and wide, very sturdy in comparison to the long thin branches of the majority. Fast vigourious growth , pre flowers at every node. Going to flip these in the next few days!!

12 Likes

Well done, Iggy. You really have them dialed in. What amendments are you using?

5 Likes

@iggypuffs those look awesome!! Basically exactly what I’m seeing over here.

^^Tent room looking good so far. Back left we have Zang! x Afpak, front left we have Mullum/Oaxacan x Afpak, Back right is Bananastan, Front right is Dragon Hammer. Wish I could get in there for better photos but its pretty tight and the room is basically closed off until harvest.

^^Room 2, the primary hunting room. This one has Goji x LT up front, Lemon Thai first row in middle tray, and Sour D for the rest of middle tray and entire back tray.

^^Goji x LT showing pretty good uniformity overall. After a heavy defoliation the plants are doing much much better. Seems like they are just now starting to stretch and reach their stride for a good flower run. I had to remove a lot of leaves to reveal the lateral branching. This cross seems to love growing dinner plate sized leaves, basically creating a humidity trap that stalls growth.

^^Lemon Thai F5 in the front row of tray two. Just now realizing that this is a bad photo because it cuts one of them off haha. But yeah the Lemon thai plants are the front 4 plants, and there is one on the edge of the tray as well. Basically in an L pattern if rotated 45 degrees counter clockwise and aligned with the photo.

The rest of the plants on tray 2 are Sour D x Lemon Thai. Probably the cross that I’m most excited for. Super sweet sap during defoliation. Pulling off a leaf created an aroma in the air that made me say “what the heck is THAT?”.

^^And the last 12 phenos of sour d x lemon thai. I put the stretchiest veg plants in the back so that is why this tray’s plants are so much taller.

So far so good. Really awesome lines from what I can see so far. No obvious herms or dropped pollen and we are approaching end of week 2.

38 Likes