Does anyone have a DIY method for this?

Hi all! I was just introduced to this method on another forum. It kind of blew my mind. I was going to order one but the site is conveniently out of the single pot options. You have to buy two. I don’t need two as I run one at a time. I wonder if this would be better than scrog? What are your thoughts? The main issue seems to be the bag and trellis obtaining…

10 Likes

I haven’t used this product but I have done something similar.

I had a couple of males I had to turn onto their sides for easier pollen collection.

The biggest trouble was figuring out how to water them. Bottom watering was the answer.

Maybe just make a box instead of a pot with an opening on what will eventually be the top.

All the best

8 Likes

You could do it lots of ways. Looks more like an expensive gimmick than anything else.

Normal pot and crack the stem 6 inches from the top of the pot and bend it over.

Get a milk crate and some weed barrier cloth, fill with soil and tie around the stem, then get some 4 inch metal sheep fence, or plastic trellis and attach to milk crate and lay it on its side.

Doing a scrog net would be the same except you cant move the plant around.

Super cropping is the same, just the pot stays central to the plant and you bend and crack the branches and it can be moved about.

8 Likes

Thanks, guys! I agree with @Shadey as soon as I saw they were out of stock of the single kits, red flags went up. I will have to check it out. I also love the weed barrier cloth idea! This makes sense. I use organics and add top amendments, so either system will be a challenge. At least with this method, you can just pick it up and untie to add…

2 Likes

Yeah @Shadey is right, that is just a milk crate with a grow bag in it. Hell, I had one in a fabric pot get too tall in my mum tent once. Tipped it over, pinned the top of the fabric pot closed and slit the side that was now on top open and watered that way. Flowered it out like that just fine too. Didn’t skip a beat. And waaaaaaayy cheaper than those fancy milk crates!

3 Likes

I guess I am more curious about the trellis aspect. But it seems like you could add anything. I guarantee there is a no-brain solution in a hardware store somewhere they got the original prototype from…

3 Likes

When building diy screens hardware cloth or chicken wire and pvc pipe will be your best friends. Cheap, easy, readily available, easy to cut and work with, and modular. Build em any way you want like that. Take a peek in my grow for a simple example of screens in an overcomplicated set up if you want!

7 Likes

OMG PVC! I never thought about that. Super easy to cut and glue. Shouldn’t even need purple primer lol

Thank you for the advice! I like how they make the Velcro tape sound special on their site and ads. Um, I have rolls of it for my tomatoes! Been a hot summer, those suckers are beastly this year!

5 Likes

If your floor space is tight you can do a vertical scrog, just make a frame in your tent and staple on plastic chicken wire and wire the plants out across it. You need a central bulb half way down the middle of the plants and some lights at the top. The most economical way to grow in a confined space if you have plenty of height.

Here is one I did.

8 Likes

Wow! I am guessing you just rotate the pots so everybody gets light or do you leave them in place to make everybody grow towards the light?

1 Like

Duh!! I just reread your post. SCROG lol! Not the brightest bulb sometimes…

1 Like

You cant move them as the branches are wired to the chicken wire. They grow out towards the central light as well as the ones above them facing the plants from above at a 45 degree angle. You can just see the back one, home made with sils.

2 Likes

Yep, never underestimate the power of marketing hacks to turn totally average things into over priced hyped out nonsense… especially in the grow world!

5 Likes

I moved to organics because of this. Shiny bottles of fertilizers that charge an arm and a leg… I would rather play with dirt and affordable dead powdered things :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Ya you can crack the stem ty parallel to the ground saw this in a book of “ cannabis regeneration one pic in the book shows an entire plant once harvested and revegged all sprawled on on a ground looked like ground cover most people Wouldn’t even notice it walking by short and no more than a foot in height!

2 Likes

Seeing this reminds me of the topsy- turvy tomato growing bags where the plant is grown upside down

2 Likes

There is a dude on YouTube his channel is called insidehydro. He builds a mobile trellis with PVC for the border and whatever material for the net and then attached the whole thing to the pulleys. Pretty kick ass check em out

4 Likes

All i see there is a fruit box, an aluminium bar, couple of felt pots and some aluminium wire

4 Likes

Thank you so much everyone!!

2 Likes

Its a grow bag(bag starts over on its side) and milk crate with a long square tube with allot smaller arms welded to the left and right. The metal device is zip tied to the milk crate. Flip the milk crate over tuning the grow bag right side up .

1 Like