2x2 scrog net help

Hey OG

I’m having trouble finding a 2x2 scrog net. I was going to use bungees but if I can find an actual tent net that would better satisfy my OCD. I found a 25”x25” hydro farm on Amazon but when it actually showed up it was a 4x4. Any help appreciated.

1 Like
5 Likes

2x2 scrog net with PVC, fittings, and poly twine.

Easy cheap DIY

12 Likes

Hmmm that first one is the one I ordered maybe I’ll just try again maybe it was the wrong one

1 Like

i got one by mistake meant to order the 4x4 from amascam but the 2x2 stretched out just fine for the 4x4

1 Like

takes-glasses-off-deal-with-it

3 Likes

Yeah we’ll give ‘em a second try, if it’s still the wrong size I’ll just run some bungee cords from corner to corner

can you just fold it up twice and line up the squares? maybe with bread ties to line them up.

2 Likes

I don’t know what it is about a scrog net that intimidates me. I’ve wanted to try growing with them forever I just never do it. I guess it’s just change and at 67 change doesn’t come easy. :wink:

3 Likes

You can build a 2x2frame out of pvc drill holes and use string

I use metal fence for the garden from Home Depot

Good luck

4 Likes

That was my first time using one! I loved the yield and canopy, I did not love how difficult it was to maneuver and inspect my plant.

3 Likes

Tried, these had heavy duty hooks weren’t removable

Honestly, I hate nets but with my new irrigation system not possible to use stakes anymore. I just use the nets to replace staking but the whole “fill a net” for a true scrog has always seemed like wasted time to me

i have a 4 foot bolt cutter. it’s all removable. if it were me, i’d leave them on the two sides that don’t have them when you fold it and leave them hang. then you just need zip ties for the other two sides. but i’m just a cheap bastard and i’d have used a piece of fencing in the first place. i forget that sometimes folks don’t just have the same type of stuff lying around that i do. i think if i were growing in a tent now i would just use pvc pipe to make a stand and use kite string, then cut it and tie new strings each grow. that sounds like the most cost effective way.

I appreciate the input, honestly I have severe OCD and my diy projects usually just end up getting “upgraded” because they drive me nuts inside. Hopefully one of the store bought nets work out or I’m in trouble :crazy_face:

1 Like

if they don’t, get the string. your ocd will thank you for it. you can make it brand new every time that way also. then just cut it and take it out with the harvest instead of knocking all the fuzz off the buds harvesting.

2 Likes

i made a frame out of PVC and the corner things with a down spout you customize what ever size you want and place it in the tent or grow area then use the nylon trellis net to make a taught trellis