Does flushing cause black ash?

That’s what I’m talking about right there. :+1:

1 Like

That’s what I like to get to… white-whiteeee. :wink:
3 week flush 16 day dry. :+1:

6 Likes

You could be onto something regarding the Nitrogen. I plugged some numbers into angelfire, and my N was at 200 ppm during week 7 of flower. I started flushing beginning of week 8. I got my N down to 122 ppm now, but don’t think I’ll do an actual flush anytime soon lol!

2 Likes

N will definitely cause a harsher smoke. Sometimes even that crackling effect when burning.

1 Like

This is exactly what I did as per GML’s recommendation.

1 Like

No crackling, and no harshness. Taste is clean. Nice light berry flavor. A blueberry cross I got for trade from a friend.

3 Likes

In my experience, it’s the drier stuff that burns to white/grey ash. As far as I’m concerned, as long as the ash isn’t like oily or weird, burns to a nice fine ash, it’s all good. I had some shit once that kinda didn’t burn all the way, left a sort of charcoal cake instead. THAT shit I didn’t trust.

My salt free organic grow produced both colors, so I don’t know that it’s a build up issue.

5 Likes

It usually makes a difference if your plant has been overfed and its still carrying to much of certain minerals in the finished product. So a organically grown plant that isnt flushed and goes through along term drying and curing process will be better than a hydro bud over fed and dried in minimum time. Also when you cut a plant (usually whole from the base I find better)it does still process certain minerals stored within it. The key is not to overfed, or if force fed large amounts to do a flush to cut off any additional minerals and force the plant to cannibalize stored minerals. Then dry and cure correctly to get the plant to procces as much as possible.

1 Like

Ah…the great ash debate :slight_smile: I have seen folks seeking the white ash and holding it on a higher pedestal than the dark ash. What I have not seen is anyone show any proof at all about the white ash superiority claims. Bro Science or facts? Who’s got the link that proves anything about ash color one way or another??

10 Likes

I see stuff like that from my local medical dispensary all the time. Bowl is beat, can’t get another hit off it, but there is a big black chunk of shit still in there lol!

1 Like

Im not into the whole debate thing but @DannyTerpintine is that a sugar leaf joint is so can you provide me with instructions for that :smile: much appreciated

1 Like

Home-made Cannagar :smiley:

Traditionally people would just lick the leaves closed like a blunt. But that one was sealed with extract as the “glue”. You can get little cannagar moulds to pack your bud into a “Thai-stick” like shape, but I just rolled up some construction paper and parchment paper to make the shape.

pretty much mould the bud into a cone shape with a skewer in the middle to help with air flow. Then wrap leaves around the cone shaped bud. And then more leaves and extract to seal. Then once dried, you pull out the skewer before smoking. (You can see a bit of raw rolling paper gum strips on mine, it wasn’t holding that great, although that was my first attempt at making one. It did turn out really nice!) :+1:

4 Likes

Awesome stuff ! I’m gonna have to keep this in mind I’ve always wanted to do and the ol lady wants to try it with rose petals so we will be planning a craft night lol

2 Likes

the smallest you can really make is like 7grams. I find smaller hand broken nugs works a bit better then grinded bud. But I’m sure if you pack it well grinded bud could work. There’s lot of vids on YouTube as well. :slight_smile:

Yeah I’ve seen a couple rose “blunts” before, but never tried it. Don’t know if I want to smoke roses. :sweat_smile: All hemp/cannabis is nice though! :pray:

4 Likes

I seen deep fried leafs on here the other day !!

2 Likes

Just do a test side by side one where you flush and one where you don’t, see what happens. Use clones of course and the same nutrient etc.

2 Likes

food for thought, hotter the flame the whiter the ash…

As other have said many things factor into said final “check” though to me flushing ive never noticed a difference whether burnt color or taste, end flower color sure but that’s different.

4 Likes

200 ppm of n in flo??? @SeymourGreen that’s too much n in flo for sure

2 Likes

I wonder if the black leftover in the bowl or charcoal look in the joint is from how it was broken up. I see a difference if I break up the bud by hand or use a grinder.

1 Like

I used to flush my plants last week before
Harvest,was told to do that when I first
Started
Growing. the golden rule flush your plants
Got sick of that fed
My plants right up to harvest
Never noticed a difference,It’s all down to the cure I think,I’m not a pro grower by any means just
My thought

6 Likes