Fort Bragg Funky, Skunky 80s Baby

Hey y’all, so how’s about a little show and tell. :slight_smile: First let me shout out to @upstate , @misterbee and @kushking902 for making all this possible thanks, genetics 1981 Fort Bragg RKS :slight_smile: huge shit eating grin lol so let’s see if we can find some Funk :slight_smile:
Seed count 15 , 1 didn’t pop 2 failed emergence and 1 shriveled that leaves me with 11 :slight_smile: I got a 70% germ rate

About 4 of them expressed purple in the cotyledons :slight_smile: interesting

Moving right along

3 of them kinda looked sick 2 recovered 1 is struggling I’m thinking about culling him but I will give him more time . Well we are all caught up :slight_smile:

48 Likes

Well I guess really it’s a 90% germ rate because all but one technically germinated had to clean that up :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Just read your favorite strains, " A good narrow leaf for the day and a heavy hitter for night time wake up covered in candy wrappers and cookie crumbs "

That hit home :wink:

Looking forward to your grow :call_me_hand:

14 Likes

"Yeah, Buddy", a RKS Treasure Hunt!!! Nothing but positive wishes for a successful outcome. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE will be secretly salivating, anxiously awaiting your progress. On wit it, then…SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

very nice to see this, im going to be following this one as i want to work with this strain in the future

5 Likes

I’ll be here watching too. Best of vibes!

3 Likes

This one’s got a like flame like shape with the serrations and all, pretty cool :slight_smile:

22 Likes

I’ll be following!

1 Like

have you ever run these before?? these will be a wonderful grow by you, they look nice so far

2 Likes

Nope first time running these :slight_smile: I’m so excited :slight_smile: anyways, in case you was wondering I’m a natural farmer so no chemical pesticides no chemical fertilizer/salts I produce most my inputs I use a granite flour I get from the stone place , compost, sea 90 , fulvic and humic acids and a whole smorgasbord of microbes/ IMOs , homemade vinagers , I use different native medicinal plants and make a JLF with them really awesome stuff I’ve come to realize that the micrbiome of the plant is the same as the human gut biome so if the wild herb heals us or is nutritious for us then in turn will feed or heal the plant and I have had some pretty awesome results but when you are using microbes the key is to maintain optimum moisture :slight_smile: I wish I had a blu-mat system:) lol

5 Likes

I would expect something good from them if legit, the bottom plant in the second row and the middle plant in the third row look especially interesting based on the structure of the middle leaf.
I have a plant that is half old school NorCal skunk and this is what the leaf looks like. Big long middle finger and double serrations that come and go is a very good sign when hunting skunk lines

12 Likes

Yeah the serrations they stagger or don’t match up like at the tip sometimes it’s like 3 on one side and only one on the other side of the leaf finger and I’ve also seen it like they match up but every now and again there’s 2serrations on top of each other if that makes sense it’s neat looking makes the tips look like little green flames :slight_smile: that shits :fire: fire ! Lol

2 Likes

I love your your inputs Mr toilet always busting with positive feedback and awe inspiring affirmation :slight_smile: at least I know how you got your name ,I really enjoy the gang of assumption and criticism :slight_smile: lol

Hey , so what does it mean when the new growth is growing straight up lol like praying hands? Lol

Lol , jackass :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I do believe I got that little issue took care I believe pH got to low and only with 3or4 of them smh , keep ya on your toes :slight_smile: lol .
Check this out 6 finger leaves , my first time seeing 6 fingers lol I’ve seen 1, 3,5, 7, 8 , 9, 11, and 13 lol and I know that the next node will probably express 7 but it’s still neat in my opinion :slight_smile: possible hidden mutation? , Maybe, but that’s purely speculation :slight_smile: lol

@Heritagefarms , thoughts on random mutations and is the even number leaf fingers sign of possible dormant mutation? or just wishful thinking :slight_smile: ? and if any given plant can express multiple mutations at once? or is it just a one at a time kinda thing?

7 Likes

I’m not sure what causes that but i see it a lot when growing from seed. They normally grow out of it and sometimes it reappears when the plant is stressed. Ghost og for example mostly grows threes but when happy and healthy will start putting of fours and fives.
I have a sfv og kush from seed atm that has some weird stuff going on, she is throwing nines and mutated 12s along with some 8s and 6s mixed with the regular 5s and 7s. Also has some split ends.

19 Likes

Wow :flushed: that’s the first I’ve ever seen a split end it looks like a forked tongue :snake: :slight_smile: neat :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Maybe it should be named serpent og :rofl:

3 Likes

The devils lettuce!! :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Man these things grow fast :slight_smile: with good lateral growth (so far) and I got 5 green stem, 4 with racing stripes, and 2purple stems , I’m excited about the green stem

Oh yeah, lol I got 2-3ish NLeaf leaning and 2-3ish BLeaf leaning with the rest hybrid looking my favorite one so far is the narrow leaf leaning one the leaf tips are flame like it reminds me of a plant I seen when I was young, can’t remember where just one of those vibrations :slight_smile:

9 Likes