Does purple matter?

Gosh darn that’s a beut!! You got something there my friend

1 Like

Ive come to know two purples… 1st is the climate change/ripening purple, which is as you see when temps start dropping towards the end of the season and the plant starts to ripen out… the outer plant mater like leaf will purple up but the flower will not.
2nd is what ive learnt as true purple where the actual flower purples up as well as the plant as a whole ie all leaf and stem. I put the true purples and pinks in the same class…
True purples are said to hold it flavour throughout a spliff from 1st pull to roach where cold purples dont carry the same gift. Not sure how true that is but i have found the true purples and pinks to carry a great flavour.
The 1st ever true purple i grew was a plant called Twilight which a friend brought back from Amsterdam around 99. It was a mind blower especially to the older generation that had never seen anything like it. It did 100% have a truly amazing flavour.

7 Likes

Around here most purple smoke is sought after for potency. Peeps will buy purple over green here… the better smokes will taste good to the last hit no matter the color

6 Likes

For the edible market purple Marijuana offers certain advantages, the purple means there is high levels of anthocyanines which gives it great antioxidant effects, purple weed isn’t only pretty it’s pretty healthy for you too :slight_smile:

Happy growing :bouquet::fire:
Chronickyle

5 Likes

The answer is 42.

2 Likes

I have to ask, what makes it that name?! Lol

2 Likes

All I know is in quincy Illinois purple smoke is stronger and worth 60 to 70 an eighth easy!
I know some talented growers in St Louis who dominates the fields of taste and high in there bud from first toke to the last but is green too. Wentzville Missouri also has good bud.
Just not many growers where I am cuz it’s to damn conservative…
So… anyway purple is good here and easily 70 to 75 an eitgh

Next time I see peeps out the doors of our dispensaries I just might hand out baggies of something good for 100 an ounce and my number

4 Likes

Very nice man

2 Likes

I do not know man, that was the tag on it. It was good.

1 Like

Sold

My purple crosses are for antibodies
Purple is the plant going into protective mode. Its vitality in survival of fittests. roots it’s a definite lockout of magnesium or phosphorus etc.

Its known as the crown because its life overcoming obstacles.

1 Like

I’m on the other side of the state, by Terre Haute and theres guys getting 100 a quarter but I stay at 60 a quarter for fire.

1 Like

Certain strains will grow bright purple buds in 100 degree weather. Alot of strains will produce it if left to go longer and it gets cold but a true purple strain grows purple nugs right from the start regardless of conditions. Plants I’ve grown that do this
Mendacino purps
Sr 71 purple kush
Forbidden fruit
Blackberry ( partial purple)
Purple Afghani ( partial purple)

4 Likes

I’ll add a couple to the list, from LED Seedz, that were amazing colored plants… during my last summer run pushing 82/75 temps all flower.

Sexy MF - Extreme Purple on 9/10 plants the dude I knew ran and gave cuts of to me.

Delirious- light purple/pink buds on every plant we saw.

Gonna search and see if I posted good pics of either here…

Starting with that post there are a few updates showing the Sexy’s and a Delirious or two

6 Likes

Those look like sweet purple pine cones forming.
Awesome plants.

2 Likes

Funny, last time I stopped in the dispensary, I was looking for CBD extract for my dog. I felt the complete opposite. I felt sorry for all of the people in that line. I wanted to go home and grab the rest of last years Vacuum sealed ounces and pass it out for free. The dispensary prices were despicable.

8 Likes

I hear ya. 70 an eighth plus almost 5 percent sales tax for mid level smoke is rediculus. Sometimes you can’t even find any information on what they are selling. You can’t see smell or touch until after you buy and out the building…

2 Likes

That Hopscotch strain I built had purple stems right after the sucker leaves. Was always told purple stems was a lack of something. Other strain in same soil was green. I heard intense lighting will turn it purple too but that doesn’t make sense since the micro mols pure meter can never match the sun.

2 Likes

Purple stems can be genetic , but is most often caused by a lack of calcium or magnesium and or cold tempatures or being to close to a light. Light burn and stress are very real regardless of comparison to the sun and how little sense it might make.

2 Likes

great work ,looking foward for some seeds .

1 Like