Granddaddy Purple

Never grown smoked nor even seen it, but have decided I want to .

Know it is everywhere Cept at my place , lol , what do I want ??? Find a good cut or go seeds , I’m cool either way .

Any breeders offerings better???

Thanks

Can also trade cuts if someone has her

Thanks

16 Likes

Evening @DougDawson

3 Likes

Hey brother, how you doing?

3 Likes

Other than getting into a fight at Walgreens while standing in like for cough syrup , and an hour at a police station…….YEAH couldn’t be much better , how bouts you .

Was bored last night , put in The Great Escape

Forgot how good it was

12 Likes

Forgot how good narcotic cough syrup is too

:see_no_evil:

Thought it said one GIANT GULP….Vicki says it said half a tablespoon every 12 hours , lol

My world is almost sideways right now , but I’m not coughing . Good time to smoke some Mac , while I can tolerate her , lol

10 Likes

Sorry to hear that bud. I have not had a fight in 15 months, my wife keeps track, lol. Hope you are ok and feeling better soon. Nothing worse for a pot smoker then having a bad cough. I am doing good bud, just digging through a closet and purging stuff I have not looked at in a decade. Got too much crap in my house and it’s time for it to start going away.

8 Likes

I’m doing the same right now . Worked mostly 6 12 hour days a week , my house had gone to shit. Last 3 weeks I have been doing about 4 hours a day on various house projects. Already seeing a difference . Today I got new glass for my coffee table . Been broken and epoxied for about 5 years and looked like shit.

Guy wanted 329 bucks , he ended up with an ounce and smiling

Yes , I gave him 30 gs of the good stuff .

10 Likes

Nice, the barter system, love it. Yeah, my place is just too cluttered after over 20 years here. One day I will retire and move to the lake at which point I can’t keep all this stuff anyway. Figure would prefer the space over the junk I will never use. Got through a couple rooms and it feels great so I am just going to keep going till the whole house is done. I am a pack rat but know I will be happier when I am done. Tossed out a perfectly good fridge on Sunday cause it was in the way. It’s good to let shit go sometimes.

10 Likes

I’m a pack rat with 4200 square feet and huge garage …… been her 27 years so imagine the crap I have :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

I can imagine brother. My garage is full of arcade games, lol. Keep meaning to get to them. When I go to my lake house I don’t miss any of it which should tell me something. I love country life and we recycled things thorough multiple purposes over the course of their life. It just feels weird to through out stuff that has a use still but I got to get over that as the thinking is flawed and has caused way too much clutter. If I make more space I will have more room, for my plants :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I have not seen the original short dense purple version of this in a long time, kens version is a backcross and not that great in my opinion, I would look to find some seeds but even then they probably bred to kens thinking it was the original.

4 Likes

I heard my bat senses tingling lol.

2 Likes

Well I mean maybe I know ken now because once upon a time not to long ago I grew out and shared some GDP…

2 Likes

Im doing a little fem seed production on some GDP. Hoping it turns out good.

6 Likes

I am currently running a couple gdp that I got from another member here. Not sure of the exact provenance of them, but will post pics once they get past the initial sprouting stage. If I do have a male in my bunch, I would like to make some more, and will keep you in mind.

4 Likes

Around 2008 I was getting what was called GDP in Nashville. I never seen anything like it solid purple buds all the way through with white stems. I almost didn’t buy it cause I thought it was some fake bud from high times or something. Haven’t seen a purple bud like that since and it on my radar to grow. Best of luck

2 Likes

I also feel like it’s going to be hard to find that hasn’t been crossed with something after the hype went away everybody I heard of was crossing it try to make it more potent, so I agree I think it’ll be a hard one to find but then again some folks might have put some up thinking they would work on it later, so hopefully we can get lucky, I’ll be lurking around to find out:) good luck

1 Like

I’ve got some feminized version from Homegrown Cannabis Co. You can have 5 if you wish and don’t have trade me anything. I’ve grown some of these seeds and want to grow more since it tasted and smelled fantastic. Ed Rosenthal just jumped onboard with this company recently I saw on their email blast.

2 Likes

What’s it like? the only one I’ve seen and smoked was a trainwreck cross uncle bob called lavender @haritagefarms

I’ve got no more likes. Hard to explain the smell since it too was my first time every growing/smoking the famous strain. It is a creeping indica that made the stress of my day go away but the smell…MAN it smelled great. Weird because while growing it, it smelled a little funky to me. Another smell I can’t quite put my finger on but in a good way for sure. After about a month of curing the smells got mouth watering. They say it smells like “purple” weed but I’ve grown other purple weed that didn’t smell like this. Here is what their website was peddling when I purchased it:

3 Likes