Does purple matter?

Certain strains will grow bright purple buds in 100 degree weather. Alot of strains will produce it if left to go longer and it gets cold but a true purple strain grows purple nugs right from the start regardless of conditions. Plants I’ve grown that do this
Mendacino purps
Sr 71 purple kush
Forbidden fruit
Blackberry ( partial purple)
Purple Afghani ( partial purple)

4 Likes

I’ll add a couple to the list, from LED Seedz, that were amazing colored plants… during my last summer run pushing 82/75 temps all flower.

Sexy MF - Extreme Purple on 9/10 plants the dude I knew ran and gave cuts of to me.

Delirious- light purple/pink buds on every plant we saw.

Gonna search and see if I posted good pics of either here…

Starting with that post there are a few updates showing the Sexy’s and a Delirious or two

6 Likes

Those look like sweet purple pine cones forming.
Awesome plants.

2 Likes

Funny, last time I stopped in the dispensary, I was looking for CBD extract for my dog. I felt the complete opposite. I felt sorry for all of the people in that line. I wanted to go home and grab the rest of last years Vacuum sealed ounces and pass it out for free. The dispensary prices were despicable.

8 Likes

I hear ya. 70 an eighth plus almost 5 percent sales tax for mid level smoke is rediculus. Sometimes you can’t even find any information on what they are selling. You can’t see smell or touch until after you buy and out the building…

2 Likes

That Hopscotch strain I built had purple stems right after the sucker leaves. Was always told purple stems was a lack of something. Other strain in same soil was green. I heard intense lighting will turn it purple too but that doesn’t make sense since the micro mols pure meter can never match the sun.

2 Likes

Purple stems can be genetic , but is most often caused by a lack of calcium or magnesium and or cold tempatures or being to close to a light. Light burn and stress are very real regardless of comparison to the sun and how little sense it might make.

2 Likes

great work ,looking foward for some seeds .

1 Like