Does purple matter?

looks beautiful, I would love some seeds from that strain

2 Likes

Interesting observation, along that thought… when I grow a pheno (inside or out) that tends to have a colorful fade, sections of leaf that get shade constantly will stay green while the rest of the leaf exposed to full light will color up. Perhaps the ‘perfectly typical’ green shade is generally lacking enough long term light intensity to have this natural process occur? I have no idea myself. You know your plants and obviously you know what you are doing and what caused it…besides the coloring, was the bud burnt, or weird in any way. Like could you change the conditions and cause the whole crop to color without it being fucked up due to ‘toxicity’ or light damage ? Thanks for the pic there and ‘drat it all’…planting the seed…LOL Cheers PS did you run those strains outdoors too?

5 Likes

lmao …you are not wrapped right…but we love you anyway.

5 Likes

Theres a few left

4 Likes

Hey Cannasaurusrex thanks, to answer your questions though…

The light in question overloads my lux meter when I test 3-4 inches away (200K lux), highly doubt there is any shortage of light in that 4x4 tent. The cultivar most effected was GLookies, havent seen any purple glookies yet, the other plant that did was Pink Kush which should have been purple but neither of the PK plants I ran had any purple except for photo toxic aspects, on one side of one kola

No, it did not come in contact with the light but others did, certainly were burnt and after removing burnt sections the buds foxtailed like crazy

It would be very tough to colour a crop this way intentionally, it would be a fine line between losing leaves that aren’t able to photosynthesize in your new growth and still making it to the finish line. Luckily I was near the end of the cycle when this happened, leaves were already getting consumed and the plant was already fully in fade.

If you want purple from plants that arent purple, cold is the only way I know that most cannabis plants turn purple. Have seen in outdoor and indoor, much less harsh on the plant and likely most more predictable and replicable or you can just grow purple genetics :wink:

1 Like

@TerpSneeze I really appreciate you taking the time to answer so thoroughly. I have a pretty cool lights off bloom room in the winter, and it will bring out those colors in some plants. I have found a couple plants I grew which were green indoors when ripe, then had some nice fall type color outdoors much to my surprise. This I couldn’t attribute to toxicity outside, but indoors may have indicated, (from reading your post here), that I was giving too little light overall. Again, thanks

3 Likes

My current project
Three Hopscotch and one Devils Anus
5 weeks old

2 Likes

12 Likes

Gosh darn that’s a beut!! You got something there my friend

1 Like

Ive come to know two purples… 1st is the climate change/ripening purple, which is as you see when temps start dropping towards the end of the season and the plant starts to ripen out… the outer plant mater like leaf will purple up but the flower will not.
2nd is what ive learnt as true purple where the actual flower purples up as well as the plant as a whole ie all leaf and stem. I put the true purples and pinks in the same class…
True purples are said to hold it flavour throughout a spliff from 1st pull to roach where cold purples dont carry the same gift. Not sure how true that is but i have found the true purples and pinks to carry a great flavour.
The 1st ever true purple i grew was a plant called Twilight which a friend brought back from Amsterdam around 99. It was a mind blower especially to the older generation that had never seen anything like it. It did 100% have a truly amazing flavour.

7 Likes

Around here most purple smoke is sought after for potency. Peeps will buy purple over green here… the better smokes will taste good to the last hit no matter the color

6 Likes

For the edible market purple Marijuana offers certain advantages, the purple means there is high levels of anthocyanines which gives it great antioxidant effects, purple weed isn’t only pretty it’s pretty healthy for you too :slight_smile:

Happy growing :bouquet::fire:
Chronickyle

5 Likes

The answer is 42.

2 Likes

I have to ask, what makes it that name?! Lol

2 Likes

All I know is in quincy Illinois purple smoke is stronger and worth 60 to 70 an eighth easy!
I know some talented growers in St Louis who dominates the fields of taste and high in there bud from first toke to the last but is green too. Wentzville Missouri also has good bud.
Just not many growers where I am cuz it’s to damn conservative…
So… anyway purple is good here and easily 70 to 75 an eitgh

Next time I see peeps out the doors of our dispensaries I just might hand out baggies of something good for 100 an ounce and my number

4 Likes

Very nice man

2 Likes

I do not know man, that was the tag on it. It was good.

1 Like

Sold

My purple crosses are for antibodies
Purple is the plant going into protective mode. Its vitality in survival of fittests. roots it’s a definite lockout of magnesium or phosphorus etc.

Its known as the crown because its life overcoming obstacles.

1 Like

I’m on the other side of the state, by Terre Haute and theres guys getting 100 a quarter but I stay at 60 a quarter for fire.

1 Like