DogScratcher's Wide Open Outdoor Grow

Ah man that sucks, I definitely have a bunch of deer in my area too. Do you have a way of countering deer? Netting?

Guns.

3 Likes

Lol I’m gonna be chasin varmin away from my watering hole. With all seriousness though im so excited to learn about things, particularly Mycorrhizae. I think that’s pretty cool how the fungi seeks out additional nutrients the plant needs from resources in the ground around the plant. Also, any tips on weeding? Do weeds always grow on the surface or can they be below the topsoil a ways?

If you can, I think it’s best to veg indoor, then flip to 12/12 for a week before throwing the plant outside late July. This will help with pests and still allow the plant yield well.

1 Like

A 3 month veg inside, plant will be 4 feet high.

1 Like

That depends on lights, cultivar, feeding schedule, and several other factors. Plants can be grown inside at any time. If you want a smaller plant, start veg later. No one is saying you must veg for three months.

1 Like

grow tent ready! Im going to go ahead and pop 2 autoflowers in here while I wait for that OG kush to come in. Getting my seed starting mix moistened, it’s game time at 12pm tomorrow! Im putting them on an 18-6 light schedule. 4PM-10am on, 10am-4PM off.

2 Likes

Plant stinging neddles they seem to have worked in the past we have deer all over,…

2 Likes

That’s a great idea because I know for a fact I have a family of deer in my backwoods. That and rabbits but I got my gate flush to the ground pretty snug.

2 Likes

It works. 20 char

2 Likes

6 days since the dunk and transfer to permanent pot outside. This is Mint Mac auto. OG Kush seeds just came in too, they were dunked at 12pm today so I’ll put them in seed starters, where they’ll grow in my tent in my room.

1 Like

my OG seeds came in and I have the one im transplanting into the ground in a starter soil cup in my tent. I just put it in there this morning. This seed never saw the tent, 1 week old.

1 Like

Hey everyone, everything is going great so far. The babies in the tent are still seedlings but they’re progressing pretty quickly. I made this thread about 11 days ago, and here’s what’s up. My seedlings are coming along. One of them has a super dark stem which I find pretty sweet. Running 24/7 lights.

3 Likes

Also, here’s the first seed I planted in a pot outside- Igerminated and put it in its forever pot. I’ve got really good feelings about this one.

3 Likes

Popping right along!
:seedling: :green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

So I learned that OG kush hates 24/7 lighting. Had the lights on for 10 days after germinating and the stems kinda turned black and weren’t growing. So I plucked them and last night I germinated 2 more OG kush seeds that had a longer taproot than the last ones. Gonna try a 18-6 light schedule with the babies in the corner of the grow room. But my outdoor auto couldn’t be happier. Im just so excited to grow out my OG kush mother so I can transfer her to that big ass hole I dug for her.

2 Likes

here’s how my Kush seedling is doing in my tent 10 days after I germinated it. I think Its looking good. Im not gonna goof this time!

1 Like