Dogwalker OG Earthbox run (Now with Rice Root Aphids!)

I wanted to update this diary with what’s going on.

My original Dogwalker mom is still healthy despite the root aphids.

bit of residue from some foliars but she is OK.

I’ve been treating with Biowar though it takes a couple weeks to really show results. My plan is to take new cuttings and root into plugs inoculated with botanigard and Steinernema feltiae nematodes. Which will be released each week for a month.

So here is the new Dogwalker mom in its own tent. As I get new clean cuts rooted of my other moms I will add them in here and hopefully I can wipe them out. As soon as I see the new mom start to perk up I will toss the old one and clean up.

Say a little prayer to the Canna Gods for me. I’ll need all the luck I can get to keep these genetics around.

Have a great weekend everyone!

11 Likes

Update: roots were established enough to pop them out of their solo cups and scope roots. Roots appear very healthy! Fuzzy white and vigorous. :raised_hands:t3: I scoped them for 10 minutes and couldn’t find an aphid. It looks like the Dogwalker will live to see another day! 🥹

I will update this thread when I’m getting her ready for flower. Have a great day everyone!

9 Likes

I transplanted the Dogwalker to its own Earthbox and tied her down to open her up. I’m probably not going to veg this one as long as I am used to so I’ll update again once flower starts. :v: :green_heart:

6 Likes

Looking great! Dogwalker should be awesome

2 Likes

Dogwalker has been flipped to flower. Some calcium/magnesium uptake issues due to low ph. I’ve added some dolomite and gypsum and she is looking better than she did a week ago. Seems like biology is moving now so she should do OK.

8 Likes

Added the Dogwalker to my main flower tent. On the left (front) is the Rainbow Sherbet (RS-11) and Stardawg (Corey) in the back. Dogwalker on the right.

For my notes, Dogwalker was flipped on 10/3 and the others were flipped 10/7.

Haven’t seen a root aphid since the reset! :pray:

10 Likes

Dogwalker at day 11 of flower.

RS-11 and Stardawg Corey on the left

6 Likes

Day 23 for the Dogwalker. Added some beneficial nematodes to take care of some fungus gnats that are getting a little out of hand. Topdressed yesterday and cleaned out lowers under the net.

13 Likes

Looking nice, love the canopy!

2 Likes

Day 36 on the Dogwalker OG. It’s really beginning to bulk and frost up nicely. Not much to report. Fingers are sticky and stanky.

9 Likes

Canopy looks SO good. Really great looking grow.

1 Like

Thanks @Magrowers! I’m bummed I finished the last of your Soul Mate sample. That was some killer smoke dude!

3 Likes

Week 7 with the Dogwalker. Fall colors are coming out. Looking like she will be done after 8 weeks. image

9 Likes

End is near for this stinky girl. I really enjoyed growing this plant and if the smoke holds up it will definitely be a keeper. The buds are chunky and dense-should be good weight. I’m going to let her continue to fade out and ripen another week or 10 days.

Final shots next week :slight_smile:

7 Likes

You definitely did her justice! We all have unique endocannabinoid systems haha, but she definitely holds up in my book. She is always dense and chunky too. She has a spot in my rotation for as long as she wants to stick around. I made some Dogwalker OG x (Black Triangle F2) and some Dogwalker OG x Dog Patch seeds recently. I look forward to running those soon. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

6 Likes

Looks amazing! Great colors and beautiful frost. Can’t wait to hear how she is after the cure.

3 Likes

I’ll get you some samples from this run for sure. Welcome to a cut of course as well. It’s a great plant. Here’s the Stardawg (Corey) that’s right next to the Dogwalker. She is a week behind.

9 Likes

Start of week 9 on the Dogwalker and she is done. I’m going to give her a couple more days and pull her.

I’ll post some final bud pics when they’re dry and trimmed up. Next up is a proper sour run!

6 Likes

Chop day! Day 60 for this Dogwalker OG.

8 Likes

What a looker!

1 Like