Cookieland Testers

Here is the original post from @Purple-N-Hairy

My Setup

• 4x5 vivosun tent (first run with this tent. the zipper doesnt seem very great so far)
  • SF4000
  • 6" ACInfinity fan
  • DWC DIY single plant builds in 5 gallon craftsman buckets
  • GH 3 part / Botanicare CalMag, Silica Blast, HydroGuard / MOAB (later)

I have a couple Cookieland testers that I am running. I had trouble with germ on a couple so the 2 I am running are not very sync’ed up. (I was trying diff methods for the first time, so I attribute some of my trouble to my inexperience)

The older one is already cut into a manifold, and the smaller one only has a about 4 nodes so far. (not sure if I am supposed to count that first set of serrated leaves)

Due the difference in size, I was thinking I should let the smaller one grow without topping it, or maybe try to fim it. I am hoping for one of each sex, so I can make some more beans, and store some pollen.

Pic Dump (so far)

These branches I left for the manifold had been buried in dense branches, so they took a couple days to bounce back.

32 Likes

Looking over these pics made me realize I still need to pull those extension cords up off the ground :grimacing:

8 Likes

ohh i like when people grow stuff in water :grin: i was just about to say something about those extension cords lol

and air pumps should be above water level!

7 Likes

I should see if I can find a tiny table to put in there.

I read something about having them above water level, but I haven’t ever had any trouble.
Am I risking ruining them if water were to somehow come up and out of the bucket?
The tubes arch up out through the lids.

3 Likes

I’ve personally never experienced it but do to some science i dont fully understand it can cause flooding :sweat_smile:

Can you put air pump below water level?

If your air pump is positioned below the level of the air tube or airstone in your aquarium, you are at risk. … This is when your friendly air pump turns into a water sucking monster. The water pressure can cause a siphon action to occur – similar to how you perform a water change or use a gravel vac.

6 Likes

huh, I will have to find an amazon box or something, until I can get a table. Thanks @Neb

3 Likes

Hanging them with a string will reduce noise if that’s something u care about.

5 Likes

It is. I put foam workout floor mats everywhere, and then put a towel under the air pump, too, which seemed to help a lot

1 Like

When the air pump is at the same level or below the air outlet (air stone, perf tubing, etc) in the water, you’re OK if you never turn off the pump. Otherwise, you risk the water being siphoned back into the pump (not good). Pump placement is irrelevant if you use check valves on the air tubing.

Edit…lol, I just read Neb’s post. Oops, sorry for the echo chamber!

6 Likes

I have been turning them off at night, so I will purchase some of those, too. Appreciate the info.

Edit - they will be here tomorrow

5 Likes

:100: true. Here is the pump I use. It basically went silent when I hung it up with bungee cords

5 Likes

This this this!

1 Like

Will add some bungees to my list

Curious if placement matters with those valves. Or if each line to the stone should have it’s own, or if I can put one between the pump and the metal splitter. I will try to search around.

2 Likes

I think it’ll be harder to find a check valve that will work with the larger tuning. The check valves for the 1/4" tubing are very common and cheap. I bought a pack of 12 (Amazon), but when I suspended the pump, they became unnecessary.

2 Likes

I believe the tubing is the same size on both sides of the splitter, but I never did compare the clear tube it came with, that I used to connect it to the splitter. My neighbors were complaining about all the things, and 6 of those valves were only $5, so I didn’t debate them.

2 Likes

Gotcha. Well, my tubing are definitely different sizes. I think the air hose that attaches the manifold to the pump outlet is 3/8" (vs 1/4 inch tubing to the air stones). I never even thought about getting a check valve for that, but maybe I should have. Either way, with the pump placement well above the water line - check valves are not required.

3 Likes

I hate to say it but you’re crusing towards a fire with the way you have those cords laying around :scream:

2 Likes

I already have them lifted up, and on the other side of the divider
The other side has a shelf, so its easier to lift them over there

1 Like

Exactly, I do not use checks because my pumps are located up on a wall. I feel if they are anywhere near water level (better safe than sorry) I’ll join in here for the show, sounds interesting for sure.

3 Likes

Candy land is one JOTI I DO NOT HAVE and always wanted to grow

2 Likes