Dog's Droppings

Hi I’m @Dog. For about three years I’ve mostly lurked around here, not contributing much. I’ll still continue to do that but I hope to occasionally post my adventures in growing. Along the way I’ll probably throw in some movie reviews and rank my favorite Simpsons episodes.

Here’s a pic of Cosmic Apprentice from Night Owl:

I’ve been toking for 25+ years but only started growing since right around the time COVID took off. I started with autos and will always have a soft spot for them. I’ve heard people say autos are harder for beginners (especially in smaller pots) and that might be true but I think it would be easier to get more people excited to grow their own if they started with the simplicity of autos.

It’s my first attempt at a hydro grow. I suck at bothering to measure nutes, keep track of EC, or check pH. I’m sure it will bite me in the ass sooner rather than later but for now I’m gonna ride this grow out with my bad habits.

Anyways, feel free to criticize, critique, and just generally call out anything dumb you see me doing. I’ve got pretty thick skin and know my limitations and failings already.

Im a bit dry, wry, sardonic, sarcastic with my humor IRL so if I say something you’re not sure how to take, I’m more than likely just fucking with you.

Here’s a pic of some regular old photoperiod strains in their early vegetative state:

Left to right we have:
Sunshine Pilgrim from White Buffalo Seed Collective
Fat Strawberry from Bodhi
Black Watermelon from Dynasty Genetics

More to come later…

52 Likes

Took a long time but glad you decided to finally share what you’re doing, always interested in other experiences … beer3|nullxnull

6 Likes

Definitely helps that went legal here in Minnesota this summer.:grin:

12 Likes

Some Lucky Dog Diesel Therapy from last winter:

30 Likes

It is good to see you post your stuff

3 Likes

Very nice! How did the black watermelon turn out?
Love to see any pics you might have.

22 Likes

That pic is their current state.

Looks great, but I didn’t see the black watermelon in those pics.
And what the heck is Grain Belt beer? LOL - I’ll have to google it as it’s probably an east coast brand.
Ah, Minnesota dontcha know!

The Black Watermelon is on the right :

6 Likes

Gday @Dog thanks for sharing, seems as though your bad habits are producing some great looking plants. And don’t get me started on chicken bones…deadly stuff!!

1 Like

Thanks man. I gotta give most of the credit to the genetics and breeders I roll with.

1 Like

A little note on my username.

When I first found OG I figured it would be just another cannabis website to collect a few grow tips and learn about strains and such anonymously. Then I found the seed trading post and planned to do a trade or two and dip. I had to create an account.

I had no idea how many users were here and for some reason I was just gonna put @Cat for my username. Then I thought Cat might lead people to believe I was a woman so I put in Dog. Honestly thought it would spit back an error message saying that username was taken but lo and behold it wasn’t. I was now plain old Dog.

I don’t even own a dog and have never smoked pure chemdog (that I know of).

I don’t think I can change it either.

kanye-shrug

10 Likes

OG is like the 4th dimension knowledge and beans materialise out of nowhere!!

3 Likes

Seed addiction is real. Just when I think I have it licked something new comes along and the FOMO kicks in.

3 Likes

I’m enjoying what I’m seeing here.
Definitely had my attention with the chicken bone, lol.
Nice to meet you Dog!
Think I’ll hang around for the show. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Outta likes sry bud yea I hear ya I like variety and the donation prices are great too. The generosity I see is humbling, I aim to give more back here from my small vault over time and also whenever I do a big seed run in my little 2x2 :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Welcome man! Nice buds! Howd you like the diesel therapy?

1 Like

Good smoke but my problem is nothing ever lasts long enough for a proper cure. It was gassy for sure but I’m worried Im still not getting a proper dry and cure to bring out the best of my buds.

Didn’t I send some Diesel Therapy your way in a trade?

3 Likes

Glad to have you out of the shadows @Dog you definitely have the green thumb everything looks great! And I love your choices of strains and breeders. Very cool! Looking forward to seeing more from you. Im WATCHING now so I’ll definitely be around! Nice

1 Like