Double Decker Growing with Pepetual 12/12 and thin LED boards

Easy way to increase yield while using the same amount of surface.

Wrote this in my grow thread and thought it worthy of being a thread.

Stacked Mother Lode . 2022 . The Genesis - #165 by Rogue

I just measured the vertical space I’m using, happens to be 111 centimeter.

So one can easily create a double decker rack.

222 centimeter is just a little less than most ceilings.
The standard is 240 cm.
So add a few centimeters for the rack and you can have an array of no-till beds stacked in a double decker rack, in just about any regular house or small warehouse or garage.

A bench can be placed on each side, the length of the double decker rack, wide enough to comfortably stand on, to be able to easily harvest the upper level.
Can be used as a seat while harvesting the pots or beds on the floor level.

Perpetual 12/12 lighting keeps them small enough.

It’s ideal for auto’s and non-stretchy cultivars.

Perpetual harvesting.

Can be run entirely on kitchenscraps and water.
Add grassclippings, nettles, dandelion leaves, horse manure, etc at will.
Or don’t.
Kitchenscraps alone should do the trick.
Worm towers in no-till beds being the ideal.
The towers fitted with a very fine mesh lid so it can breathe but keep any gnats out.
They can also be connected with some hoses to a watering system, so the water solely goes into the worm towers, spreading the nutrients while keeping the topsoil around them dry enough so the gnats don’t lay eggs.
And even if you do get gnats inside the worm tower, they will stay localized inside the worm tower anyway (the larvae would help break down the kitchenscraps) since the topsoil everywhere else will be dry.

And then you can cultivate the discipline to only harvest half of what grows (and chop and drop half of the cover crop), only watering on rare occasions, harvesting half of the males to dry and sell as tea before they flower (the other half can be chopped and dropped after brief flowering), and harvesting and processing half of the females.

Regarding the nitrogen fixing covercrops, you chop and drop half when they start flowering,
and you let the rest mature to return seeds and beans to the soil.
Again, the only work that is required is harvesting (chopping and dropping).

So really the only work that is involved in the actual growing of the cannabis (or vegetables), after the initial setting up is chopping and dropping, and harvesting and processing the harvest. Plus topping up the worm towers now and then.

Always keeping one rule in mind: Harvest only half of what you get.

And watering, which can be automated to be as easy as pressing a button or turning a valve.

This could also be done in a field outside since Quantumboards are waterproof. :+1:

In big hangars you could go triple, quadruple decker, etc…
Can hire mountain climbers for harvesting and hang ropes from the ceiling, lol.

6 Likes

Very interesting :thinking:

1 Like

I am not putting my quantum boards in a field in the rain.

1 Like

Then don’t. :smile:

With fed legalization looming, I think we will see a lot more advancement in efficiency of growing. As the Oklahoma market has proven, a free market drives prices way down

Keep at it man, soon folks will want to pay you to consult on their legal grows to compete with $500 units.

1 Like

Give it some time and you’ll be able to buy a bag of cannabis the size of a bread for the same price as a bread. :smile:

1 Like