Double flowers

Not sure how feel about this as I’ve never had it happen. One of my blueberry plants has a couple bud sites growing of what appears to be double buds.

Anybody have any experience with this that could share some info or end results pics?

14 Likes

I can tell you its leafy as hell and going to be a sob to trim :joy:

2 Likes

If you follow down the stem it actually looks like 2 stems grew together

4 Likes

That’s probably exactly what happened I saw a video on YouTube recently of where a branch was topped and the two branches that came out fused together and it had a very clear double cola

3 Likes

I had something like this happen to me. I accidentally cut off the top bud and the lower buds morphed into this:

10 Likes

I grew up on Double Cola in the South!!! Best Soda Pop, in my opinion.

4 Likes

I didnt cut or top these and they are not even the main cola just 2 random side branches . This particular blueberry plant has great smell and trichome production but not sure I was to keep it as a mother if this is a genetic trait that will be replicated.

My other blueberry doesn’t seem to be producing quite as many trichomes thus far but getting a really cool blue tinted already and super dense rock hard bud structure.

Guess I’ll just have to ride it out before selecting a keeper between the two.

3 Likes

I love all the odd :duck: plants there nice to see and stand out in my head more than monster colas

4 Likes

I’ve always had a soft spot for freaks as well. I grow for personal use so yield if definitely not the #1 thing I’m looking for in a keeper.
I would consider myself a terpene hunter above all else.

6 Likes

Yep, had it happen on a side bud of a White Widow I grew back in the early 2000’s. I wasn’t sure what happened to cause it, but I knew it was not common. I posted about it on the original overgrow.com and most had never seen it - but some had (of course). As you likely suspect, it’s nothing to worry about. It just ends up being a fatter bud than the other side buds.

I don’t recall it being difficult to trim. With the leaves so tightly bunched, you just get more clipped off with the same effort.

5 Likes

I just got done flowering a pineapple kush auto with a tri bud site as a top… crazy!

2 Likes

Good ole fasciation . It Seems to be popping up alot more in all kinds of different plant species. I suspect fukishima. The bud will finish just fine and often gets larger then the rest.

3 Likes

The bud from fasciated branches is really weak and weird. I’d say just cut it off now it’s never worth keeping; just drains resources from the rest of the plant.

Interesting to look at, otherwise worthless.

1 Like

I dont have the heart to cut it off and it’s a rather large diameter branch/branches at this top. I think cutting off a beach that size 5 week into flower may cause more damage that good.

I disagree. I’ve done it plenty of times.

1 Like

Had one last spring on a C99 and turned out good in the end.

7 Likes

Not sure how I feel about it after doing some research

1 Like

This is a Spliff Seeds Jack F1. Sure you will recognize the growth. The plant showed some interesting characteristics, a couple three leafed nodes on the lower branches that I ended up clipping off because they would have been popcorn. Saved this bud for myself. I am sure it will be just like the rest… Really letting this one cure. This was grown in organic soil. Genetics are crazy in these plants. I did gift other “normal” flowers to a friend and he said it’s the best he has ever had. It was just one stalk. Still in the jar ha ha

10 Likes

Sorry the pics aren’t in order, but you get the gist.

1 Like

Yeah they are freaky looking

1 Like