Question is, does it exist?

Life is liquid.
There is only…
Flowing.

1 Like

Ego

The teachings of Sri Ramana Maharishi.

1 Like

“Revenge is like a bucket with a hole in the bottom. No matter how hard you may try to fill it. It holds only the promise of emptiness”

- buddhist proverb-
4 Likes

Religion and politics are best suited to forums dedicated to that purpose.

8 Likes

I completely agree.

Kindly share perspectives only. :pray:t3:

2 Likes

“Fools do last, what wise men do first.”

5 Likes

it sounded like a perspective to me. was it not a perspective? heck, i almost wrote a reply to it with my perspective but that would make it a conversation. i disagreed with it, but then deleted it. i mean if they got all of that from the events going on today it’s their perspective on the events occurring. maybe i’m just being pedantic and too literal. i could be wrong, it happens. merry Christmas.

2 Likes

Perspectives in light of be-ing (Is-ness) rather than on religion/politics.
Eg. We smoke one and just are. Thoughts may come and go. Without smoking it’s also possible. :joy::ok_hand:t3:

Spiritual may mean the ritual of reflection upon one’s spirit (way of life/living/present/here and now) whereas religion is based upon doctrines.

2 Likes

Maybe you should just flag yourself and get it over with. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

one can be both spiritual and religious at the same time, and in fact many equate the two as the same thing. i am one of them. very spiritual yet deeply religious at the same time. i try to follow the teachings of Jesus as much as i can identify them rather than just say the words and attend the services. sure i went to mass three times yesterday, but not for the sake of going. maybe i’m the exception and not the rule, but i know a lot of folks like me, although a lot of folks are not, but that’s not my place to point out.

it may have something to do with trying to faithfully follow the shinto religion for a while that did that to me or at least allowed me to be open enough to receive the message i was given. it really allowed me to reconcile catholicism with the universe and world around us and has given me a path to follow. and since the cornerstone of the teachings are love God, love your neighbors, and help others, even if i’m wrong it’s not so bad, except maybe losing the eternal reward. but i’ll be dead then and it won’t matter much and i’ll have lived a good life for the last however many years i have left.

no, separating religion from spirituality is like trying to take politics out of life. they are too intertwined to be able to do it very well for very long. i don’t see what the harm in voicing what one considers a spiritual comment in a thread inviting spirituality as long as one doesn’t try to force opinions or attack others. when everyone is thinking the same thing, nobody’s thinking. this comment did come across as something i would take exception to but it’s not my place to point that out so i didn’t, even though i wanted to.

that’s my perspective on it, and i sincerely hope it doesn’t offend you or cause concern to anyone. i’m actually glad you started this thread. i’ve came and read a few things and immediately had the desire to comment in opposition and then sat down and thought about it, really given it some deep thought, and had a really good feeling come over me. kind of like it was a test and i passed. thank you for that. it is a blessing to be given the chance to examine oneself and learn something.

2 Likes

What? Lol , rude , merry xmas :stuck_out_tongue:

One isn’t against any religion. :pray:t3:
Let’s look at this way, if we take on the topic of religion, it certainly could lead to debate as opinions and interpretations would differ.
Whereas spirit is immediate within everyone’s reach. Even now it ‘Is’ while this message is being typed and at at a different time being read by another.

Simply put, to just ‘be’, and not ‘this’ or ‘that’.

3 Likes

The only Person whose actions and words you can control, is yourself.

Listening well is more important than talking. Thats why we have two ears

5 Likes

i see where you’re going with it. really, most religion is pure and man is what messed things up. kind of like everything else. i mean not all of them, but a lot of them that i know of. maybe not the sects of Christianity but certainly itself as a whole. anyway, i’ve taken up enough space here without adding anything useful. i apologize.

2 Likes

No need to apologise brother.
You’re contribution has infact brought about clarity in this thread. :pray:t3::dove:

2 Likes

thanx. i’m not used to that, mainly i just cause trouble, resentment, or off topic humor. i tried real hard to stay away from that out of respect. not that i don’t respect the other threads, just that this one seems to require it more than others, almost demands it.

2 Likes

Yeah if the quality of the materials are shit how can you expect high quality workmanship??
I do the best job I can with what I’m provided.

3 Likes

I was in darkness, but I took three steps and found myself in paradise. The first step was a good thought, the second, a good word; and the third, a good deed.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

4 Likes