Doubt the "doubter!"

Hi friends,
I thought it would be nice to start a thread on sharing perspectives.

Please feel free to share your experiences, intelligent or thought provoking quotes, or simply immerse yourself in the silence that follows upon reflection into the words/material in this thread.

Yes, we could even change the name of the thread if need be! :ok_hand:t3:

17 Likes

The key to happiness is not to have what you want. It is to want what you have. Happy Holidays and peace and wellness to all.

32 Likes

I doubt that :wink:

Feliz Navidad :green_heart:

10 Likes

"Beware of judgements of others.

In this imperfect world in which we live, perfection is an illusion and so the standards by which we seek to measure it are also in themselves illusions.

If perfection is measured by age, grace, color of skin, color of hair, physical or mental prowess, than we are all lacking.

It is well to remember that the harshest judgments are reserved for ourselves."

25 Likes

It is what it is. :v:
I use this phrase very often at work.
You can’t make a silk purse out of a cows ear.
This is another one I use at work.

15 Likes

Outta likes, but only for 9 more freakin’ hours! :roll_eyes: :grimacing:

6 Likes

the only way what people think of you matters is if you can use it to better yourself and others. whether its praise or criticism it doesnt matter, peoples opinions of others hold no value unless they contribute something constructive.

5 Likes

Don’t let others bring you down or make you change your ways. You gotta keep doing you even if others don’t like because if you change yourself to everyones liking you have nothing left of yourself to be unique in your own ways. Be proud to stand out of the crowd as long as it’s in all the right ways!

4 Likes

“Old pond
A frog jumps in –
The sound of water”

-Matsuo Basho

4 Likes

"Know where you are and don’t be a fool."

A good general rule for life!
-Grouchy

6 Likes

Carl Sagan was one of the most influential people to me as a young man, and still is today.

Scientist, astronomer, philosopher and humanitarian, I truly believe the world is a better place because of him.

Many of you have heard this excerpt from his book Pale Blue Dot, but for those who haven’t, I encourage you to give it a quick read. It’s not long, but it speaks volumes.

A Pale Blue Dot | The Planetary Society

11 Likes

Hearing Sagan say “…the cosmos is also within us. We’re made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself.” helped me find a point when i was failing to see one. All in one short ~10 second youtube video. I catch myself thinking what would carl (sometimes fred) do.

“Be humble for you are made of dung. Be noble for you are made of stars.“ - old Serb proverb.

15 Likes

The young chef challenges the old chef. The youngster prepares his stew with all the most recent ingredients and techniques. The old chef throws in the basics and accidentally goes to sleep.The critics rave over the old chefs overcooked stew. The old chef gets his own restaurant and a crew of eager new chefs. His success is resounding. The old chef cooks less and talks more. The old chef has become everything, and nothing.

7 Likes

5 Likes

If one person calls you an “ass”, that’s their problem.

If two people call you an “ass”, you have to stop and think.

If three people call you an “ass”, it’s time to get fitted for a saddle.

8 Likes

Know how to solve every problem that has ever been solved. -Richard Feynman

If someone else has found a solution then its not impossible for me to find a solution

3 Likes

The solution to every problem a man may have is a bigger hammer.

2 Likes

Thats similar to the one I use

“We arnt building a piano”

3 Likes

Holding a form it rises,
Holding a form it stays,
Holding and feeding a form it “thrives.”
Leaving one form, it takes hold of another,
When sought, it takes to flight!

What is it?

1 Like