Draig-n-LZ's indoor grows

It’s been weird around here, and Draig hasn’t been doing well…
Just getting ready to post a short update…!! :slight_smile: Thanks for thinking of us!

3 Likes

Well let him know I’m thinking about yas please. Hope for better days!

4 Likes

Thanks hun … I will !
How you doing? Any word from the Doc yet???

2 Likes

Constant back and forth to doc & hospital dear lady. Nothing unexpected yet lol

Actually, rather good news…
I’m still alive, not growing a third eye, nor am I pregnant!

4 Likes

We haven’t been on in a while, or posted updates anyway…
Things been weird around here, and Draig’s not doing so well…
He’s my eyes and database when growing…
He’s really wanting to get a real grow going where he can get at it… so we’re trying!

Found out to NOT use Gibberellic acid to pop seeds seeds that don’t actually NEED it…
They stretch like a bitch!! From now on-- I give 'em 72 hours without it before adding it if they aren’t popping!

But- back to the flowering gals…

Almost ready to harvest the 1st 2 plants, a nice Big Sugar Black Rose, and a good-sized Cannatonic- both nearly ready!
After that, will be a couple weeks for the other Sugar Black Rose, a Bubbagum that. frankly, almost ended-up on the compost pile (will get photos-- she really turned around!) then a couple more weeks for the Lebanese.

I will be putting other plants in 12/12 as I harvest-- and new seedlings into the veg tent as we go.

Will post again as soon as I get some work done in the veg tent and take pictures, most likely this time tomorrow.

After this harvest, and the plants already vegging- we will not be growing for anything other than breeding for a while!
:grin:

Will keep Y’all posted!

8 Likes

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen an experiment where using GA3 was actually successful. Seems like if it’s high enough ppm to help crack the seed - if it helps at all, which I’m not sure is proven - it’s high enough to make the seedling kill itself a week later. Even 50 ppm seems to be too much. Someone else tried it recently too, if I’m remembering right, and concluded that it wasn’t really helping… completely drawing a blank on who, though. Dunno, maybe if you can get the ppm down even lower, try a batch with 5, 10, and 25? For seeds that will crack without help, though, just LITFA and let nature do its thing. I can’t get through one day without screwing up at least a dozen times, and nature’s managed to get through millions of years with nothing more disastrous than the duck-billed platypus popping up… :wink:

3 Likes

@JohnnyPotseed . I’m hanging in there my friend. Thanks for checking in! Glad to see you’re not pregnant, kinda risky after 50. BTW JP the Frankenstein clones are doing great!! Thanks again buddy!! Lady Z said she’ll post all veg pics.

@Hemp still have more to go thanks for the Interest bro! Been digging your grows and hope you get settled soon!

Here’s a couple more Lady Z missed that she sent me.

Black Sugar Rose #1

Leb #1

BSR #2

Bubbagum

Early sample of Black Sugar Rose

Peace :v:

10 Likes

lol Early? I can see why it’s called ‘Black Sugar’! Nice cuz, enjoy!

5 Likes

Thanks for this!
Yeah…learned the hard way!
Was a miscommunication…something I do kinda frequently lately… I had talked to Draig about seeds not popping, and we’d talked about sing the GA3 on the old seeds…
Somewhere in-between, I guess I thought we were trying it at 40ppm to get them to pop faster…
HOWEVER: Draig thought I was talking about older seeds, and I thought HE meant to use it on all of them… and I should have double-checked with him before doing it.
They were NOT happy about it!

I did build that bubbler this past spring-- posted on here somewhere–just can’t find the thread… I used 8 pint jars , 2 pumps and a bunch of splitters.
For some reason, despite everything being new & sterilized, the seeds all got slime-mold…!?

So I re-sterilized, got new stones, and tried again- same result.
Something had to have been contaminated…not all 8 strains could have been infected…and I used store-bought RO water!
I do know I probably didn’t use enough Superthrive, I cut back on it for that experiment… maybe it was the Liquid Karma I used? I’ve used that combo for years, with no issues…but who knows?

Thanks for the link-- I’m saving it for the additives and info!!!

5 Likes

Very nice. Love the colors.

3 Likes

Thanks!
I love the colors on the SBR… definitely a nice ‘fit’ with the fall leaves here in the North!

3 Likes

Thanks JP! Trichomes haven’t shown any amber yet the hairs are brown? the sample was fantastic tasted like the bud it came from and a great stone. Obviously needs a cure …not bad though. Comming from dispensary bag seed
From some kick ass SBR all I found was 2 seeds that gave us two kickass plants and they wanted was to give us store credit lol.

2 Likes

A Question for all you long-time growers…
About Trichomes…

We have always started checking trichomes about a week ahead of schedule just in case, but we wait for about 20% amber for the pain relief and help with insomnia.

These aren’t doing it…10 days “late” and besides being PACKED on, the trichs are doing weird shit we’ve not seen before.

Almost all are a pearly opaque white… but, some appear to have heads that are bursting open and growing another trichome out of it…and some trichs are turning purple or even have a translucent black head on a clear stem!?

Those are few… but never seen it before in the 20+ Years and literally 100+ strains that we’ve grown.

This IS a dark purple strain, but is this normal ?

Has ANYONE seen this, or have input!?
We’re thinking of going ahead and harvesting…but don’t want to “jump the gun” since we aren’t absolutely certain with this particular strain…since it is from seeds in dispensary buds!

Draig is concerned that this is starting to degrade…but there is no amber?

Input???

4 Likes

What strain? I had the trichs turning purple on the Red pheno of Cherry Festival. I never saw much amber. I would like to hear from others that grew it to hear if it did it for them.

:green_heart: :seedling:

6 Likes

None of the trich stalks are purple…but getting burst and black tops on some with clear stalks… the black ones tend to burst and grow another trich out of them!?

1 Like

I’ve seen purple trikes that form like the one circled below the first circle, but I’m also seeing what appears to be dark purple heads that never had any purple in the stalks first. And at this point their is less than a few amber. The trichomes are weird on this one.

Check it out

5 Likes

@G-paS That’s beautiful I can see why it’s called Cherry Festival that Red pheno has amazing color and quite frosty!! :heart_eyes:

Sorry, I was a little out of it last night… the above is the Black Sugar Rose pheno 1. That appears to have trichomes growing out of and or leaning on each other. As for the purple in the trichomes we’ve been checking daily since day 45 of flower.

To the best of my knowledge, the purple starts at the base and slowly moves up to the head, not after already being cloudy. Please correct me if I’m wrong!

Anyway she is listed as a 50 - 55 days strain, as of today she is around 65 days, which is fine… we never use breeder disciptions as definitive times to harvest. My brain say to wait for some amber… but in the latest micro shots I’m seeing some that now look totally dark purple/ black, completely opaque from stalk to bulb. Seemingly overnight.

So anyway I circled some of the odd trikes not sure exactly what I’m seeing… let us know what you think.

Thanks! :blush:

Also planning a long overdue update on our others in just a few. Lady Z snagged me some early samples of both BSR. So I’m happy I was able to get some bud shots. :relaxed:

4 Likes

Sample of Black Sugar Rose pheno 1 at 55 days I believe.

Black Sugar Rose pheno 2 sample

Both phenos neither showing amber, smelled strong and similar taste of pungent rose/floral, sweet skunk and yet rich toasted scent/flavor.

Pheno 2 has buds that are more dense but appears less deep purple/black.

Same under different lighting. No Photoshoping ever lol

Turkish from Kwik Seeds/The Real Seed Company…@Lady.Zandra63 weren’t aware that these were semi-autoflowering like Lebanese and other Middle Eastern cultivars So.she switch to back to 18/6… Surprise! Wasn’t long before she was in full bloom lol… We are just letting both of them continue to flower there not too far from description anyway
This one is 3-1/2 weeks in flower and is only 2 -1/2 ft.

Been another long day. I’m just giving everyone a heads up I’m gladly hanging it up on this thread and handing it over to the grower lol

It was a good exercise in communication but, the relay was challenging. I also have my own 2x4 tent, lights and everything needed to grow, right here in our room Thanks to my Lady! Thanks beautiful! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Wish I could help. I have never grown those out or have used magnification devices maybe I need to get with the times. So I would just resort to the old method of is it greasy, sticky, or dry. And pay attention to the smells. Sometimes the nose knows. Killer looking plants by the way.

2 Likes