Dry herb vaporizer...Who uses them?

I use a Pax. When I first got it I thought, meh… but then I went on amazon and bought a $10 mod that compresses the bud to make it heat evenly. I love it now, best weed related thing I ever bought.

Edit: Sorry. had to look it up, it’s called a sandwich pusher

7 Likes

Got mine today. Love it.

3 Likes

Would be interested to know what that is. I use a pax as well (not all the time). Always looking for bigger clouds!

2 Likes

They sold out of the exact one I bought but if you search Amazon for pax sandwich pusher you’ll find it

2 Likes

What is that a little unit dose loader with a carrying case then? Trying to figure that one out!

1 Like

The Arizer Extreme Q is one of the best vaporizers ever made.

Elbow Packing the Extreme Q set the standard for design in vapes for years to come…
I used to pack Hash + Dry Herb into an Elbow Pack and got the thickest white clouds you only dream of… I let it get so dirty that my wife threw it away… Overheating is possible with the Extreme Q based on how you are using it. I ran 215C with elbow packs. Seemed to be the sweet spot to avoid combustion for me. People complain that it is not versatile for oils, but oil will soak into dry herb… so just pack half the screen drop a dab in, then finish covering the rest with dry herb… it works fine.

I’ve never had anything combust with the Volcano.

The Vape Xhale is the Extreme Q Elbow Pack Modified to look different.

3 Likes

Used volcano, heat gun and cheaper handheld versions in the past.
Lots of fiddling and breakdowns. This time I went with fail proof and everlasting.
DynaVap 2020. Cheap too, ~80€ with ship.
Can stick it in a 10mm aperture bong too.

Someone stuck the vape part in a pipe, gonna try that one day.

7 Likes

Silver surfer was always my favorite desktop vape. Wish i would of never sold mine.

I use a volcano classic and it’s really changed my relationship with cannabis. Getting rid of the ritual of smoking has gotten rid of some really bad habits, and I love the the doors it opens it. I use shake primarily and it tastes just like wax (At least on the first couple bags). I eat the already vaped bud as edibles. I can’t wait to dump absurd amounts of trim into this thing after my grow and make the vapor as thick as soup.

4 Likes

I stumbled across this thread a few weeks ago and i dug my old volcano digital out because of it. And, I must say im very glad i did. I like to run a couple bags then rip a nice green bong afterwards. Really nice well rounded buzz.

3 Likes

My mate has the Plenty from Storz and Bickel or however you spell it.

It is the only vape I have used that gives the same sensation as smoking a pipe or bong. It gives thick plumes that make you cough hard from the hot vapors and not just hot air. It is hand held but labelled as a desktop unit as it plugs into mains power. Has a long cord, looks weird, parts are high quality yet cheap to buy as they know it is hard to keep a vape clean and in good nick. The long metal whip keeps it cool and also makes it easy to reclaim in the oven. I dab all day and i also love having pipes but when my mate comes over i phone him first to make sure he is bringing his Plenty with him :slight_smile: So we can hit it hard when he comes over. It’s a real experience.

5 Likes

I like my Airizer Solo 2, it’s simple and reliable with long battery life. The airflow could be a bit better, but it gets the job done. Bong adapter is a must.

I switched over to vaping 99% of the time recently. Lungs feel good but the highs are not quite as interesting.

6 Likes

Yeah there is definitely an extra smash to the face that you get out of an incendiary round. I do miss it but the taste of ash has stopped me going back to the pipe.

4 Likes

Tend to use volcano digit mainly for flowers. When I want to be silly I use sublimator xlr2. For out and about dynavap , healthy rips and my trusty old mighty. There’s a few others that not worth me mentioning including one from around 2000 vaporeyes. Was a halogen bulb with a bowl in a jar lol

5 Likes

I use a crafty+ and I love it! My only concern is that lithium ion batteries die young sometimes and I might have to ship it to Germany or void warranty replacing myself… I think I may be seeing it losing charge capacity after only a few months already but I do use it heavy.

2 Likes

I miss my sublimator lol. I have 2 broken ones and the company is taking their sweet ass time to make new cords avail. One of mine broke 3 years ago (newer model after only 3 months) and have been getting the run around from Enrico ever since. I’ve asked about a dozen times over the years and get the same half assed “soon” every single time. My second (older) sub broke a month or 2 ago leaving me with no daily heavy hitter so I have not been able to fully enjoy my stuff since. At this point I highly doubt he is going to do the right thing and replace mine for all the bs. Seems more interested in selling wine and seeds. Haven’t been able to buy a replacement cord for these things for years and the cord is some obscure thing that only works for it and no more even exist that people don’t already have.

Now I’m back to smoking a V tower which was alright for me ages ago but after hitting a sublimator daily for like 6+ years it just doesn’t really get me that high. It sucks not even knowing when I can have both of mine replaced. I want to buy a volcano but can’t really rationalize spending another 800+ on a vape when the other 3 I bought never lasted. All I know is had I bought 3 volcanoes over the years that broke, I wouldn’t be sitting around like an ass with no working product even though I’ve paid for 3 (all 3 broke, sold 1).

As much as I had loved my sublimators over the years I don’t know If I’ll spend another dime on the company if they’re ever back up and running after the treatment I’ve received.

I kind of debated buying another extreme q since they are somewhat cheap now but I don’t feel like it would be much better than the vtower I’m using that a friend gave me. Also I owned 2 extreme qs all those years ago before buying a sublimator and even back then it took too many bags to get me to where i wanted to be. It’s a shame they never updated the EQ to have a faster fan or something. It’s been out for a long time and all their portables seem to have been revamped.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your problems.
If you go looking for parts, Planetvape.ca seems to be stocking some spares, you might get lucky there.

Cheers
G

1 Like

I have a volcano classic, and a no2 portable vape I use. I use the volcano vape almost all the time and usually go through about 12 bags in a sesh. Able to breathe so much better and it seems to capture all aspects of the bud considering the aspects of the high from the bud/sugar leaf.

4 Likes

Thanks. Planetvape has been sold out of those for years too. They just leave all the stuff online to tease me :stuck_out_tongue: at one point I considered even just getting a new one (my 4th :thinking: ) but those have been sold out forever too. The site says those are avail but when you go into the options there’s a message that says none of the products with the selected options are in stock. They just had to make the cord something that isn’t easily replaceable :frowning:

2 Likes

That sounds like it should be repairable…
I could take a look at it if you wish (I’m in the GTA).

Cheers
G

2 Likes