Drying weed - is darkness important?

:grin: thanks but I can’t take the credit for it :roll_eyes: someone else came up with the idea… hehe

1 Like

Has " the end" arrived? Still going to try it?

1 Like

That’s a great idea, how do the buds look when you finally take them out? most of the chlorophyll gone? my biggest gripe with edibles is I can always still taste it

2 Likes

They were a pale green. Extraction in the freezer yielded a nice golden tincture.

1 Like

How did you do the freezer extraction? using QWISO? (im assuming you water cured first before freezing)

1 Like

Yes, it’s all covered in my tincture thread.

6 Likes

Thanks for the link to your thread. Looks like some great info I’ve been after.

1 Like

How detrimental is it to dry in the dark?

I have some autos that are close to harvest another 10 to 14 days and also have some seedling started that im going to self for seeds in the same tent.

I only have one tent to grow in. I can’t dry in anywhere beside the tent as stealth is important.

If i really have too and its makes a huge difference to the end product I could get a very small tent, filter and fan but if I can save the money I will too.

1 Like

Drying in tent is fine. A fan on low speed is a good addition for the first couple days at least… mold would be a concern if there is nowhere for moisture to escape to. Leave the roof vent open a bit. Drying in darkness is preferred.

1 Like

The enviroment i understand will be fine my main concern is the lights will be on 20/4 how much will that affect a drying harvest?

Do you loose potency …? and if so is it a big drop?

Ive heard the flower is not dead after you clip it like a rose…same thing so I believe even after you cut the flower its still alive like processing sugars and things inside the bud before its life completely ends…makes sense! Cooler dark room with a nice draft slows that end growth phaze i believe and slows the dying process with light and warmth are growth environments and at harvest you want to end that controlled. Why spend all that time to blow it at the end…its an art and everyone gets better

2 Likes

In my experience, light degrades cannabinoids and terps.

4 Likes

I think the very most important question you have to ask yourself is “do i want to smoke this twice” if so carry on your doing great!

2 Likes

In this case I think that I will get a small tent for this purpose and then it can double as a seed making space too. That way I can leave my bigger tent which is still not that big anyway to just grow. I can see that will run into the same problem doing it that way. Especially if the larger tent harvest is ready before a seed run is.

I think its best to just keep the smaller tent for drying and maybe starting smaller seed grows and moving to the bigger tent…? im not really sure.

I grow for meds and consume with tincture and make topicals I don’t smoke/vape anymore, well I do very occationally though.

3 Likes

“In this case I think that I will get a small tent for this purpose and then it can double as a seed making space too.”

This is exactly what I did.
Sorry don’t know how to quote

3 Likes

@SeymourGreen Lol ! I was in a similar predicament, not knowing how to quote. Start yr post like any other. To see the post you want to quote, hit the visible name at the top of yr post. In my case as i type im looking at yr name on the top of the page. When you get to the post you want quote, hold yr finger down on the screen over the words you want to quote. It will highlight that area in blue and the word quote will show up, with two teardrop looking blue dots. These blue dots are slid left and right by holding yr finger down on them briefly. Slide the left teardrop to the beginning of what you want to quote, and slide the right one to the end of what you want to quote. Now the whole sentence, paragraph, or post will show in blue. This is what you will quote. At this point hit the word quote, and you are done! Hope this helps. It will be a minor miracle for me to help someone with any form of technology. I was in yr shoes several months ago. GOOD LUCK!!!

1 Like

Sorry i thought you were drying in a tent with lights OFF. A separate tent is necessary in yr case. You would have horribly harsh smoke drying in heat and light. Good luck.

2 Likes

You, my friend, are amazing!

1 Like

:grin:! Happy to help. Pretty sure Shady helped me. I’m betting you poke type like me as well lol. Took me two minutes ( 3 now) to type this ha ha.

1 Like

Haha. My thumb hit the j button 3 times trying to write haha lol! I always hit the link button when trying to like a post also :joy:

2 Likes