Drying weed - is darkness important?

Don’t dry in the sun.
Drying in regular indoor light is fine.

3 Likes

No idea about mould didn’t even know the thread existed til the bob bump. But I have found if you cure in the light your buds will go dark green rather than staying that lovely pale green, only reason I don’t cure with any light near it.

5 Likes

I always thought that was strain dependent. I dry in mostly darkness and .all my bud is a different color

1 Like

You dry in darkness to kill the chlorophyll still left in the plant

5 Likes

I dry in the light for a couple days to speed up the killing of said chlorophyll after the chop.

Sunlight allows photosynthesis still even after cut.

6 Likes

Good. That’s the idea with the couple of days. Kinda works as an extra ripener. Imo it works to push the chlorophyll out faster than hanging in the dark

4 Likes

That’s cool, didn’t know we were dealing with opinions and not facts.
Carry on

1 Like

Oh fuckoff you miserable old cunt. Yours isn’t fact yours is as much opinion as anyone elses. Don’t know who put you on your pedestal but you need to get the fuck back off it

4 Likes

Google it, quit being such a rag
Learn something

4 decades of experience that’s what

3 Likes

I’ll learn fuckall from you I can assure you of that. Your general demeanour is not a good one. Have you not got some super :fire: air killed fucking squirrel you need to tend to.

4 decades doesn’t mean shit. You’re obviously still living back in the nineties with your shit strains and bad attitude.

For the past week or so I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you wasn’t an absolute cockwomble. Even defended you in threads. But the more I look the more I regret my own actions there. Find someone else to make your seed packs too. I want fuckall to do with your kind

3 Likes

And it still practiced the same way in modern books.

I just googled it to see if things had changed and nope it didn’t.
Sorry I was trying to help.

2 Likes

I might only have 6-7 years growing under my belt but I certainly don’t get complaints about my product. So on those grounds I believe no. Darkness isn’t all that important for drying buds. Whereas you believe it does. That’s fair enough. There’s a lot of things Google tell me but yaknow. All that info just comes from people anyway. It’s not an oracle. What I’ve learned I’ve learned by doing. A lot by reading too. But multiple sources. Taking data from those and analyse it and test in my own area. I’m far from stupid. Nor are a lot of the members here. Speaking to them like they are will get your presence ignored faster than you could imagine.

4 Likes

Wow :thinking:that some crazy train ride we just went on I think we need a smoke brake
An me being a grumpy old hippie I need my chill back :crazy_face:

10 Likes

I was always told to keep it in the dark or in dark green mason jars light degrades the weed quickly

3 Likes

No we don’t. We need to assert that being an egotistical self righteous chap slanging shit at any available opportunity is not gonna be met with likes. At first I thought he was alright but the more postings I’ve seen. The less I want to. The games moved on from dick measuring

8 Likes

That’s what I always heard and that’s what I do: in the darkness and 60 % humidity so it does not dry fast … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

In my 25 years of growing, I’ve learned that whether my plants are drying in light or dark is among the last of things I’ll concern myself with in this game. It doesn’t seem to matter, frankly. This is one of those [many] subjects that has devolved into a quasi-religion. It’s faith-based in other words. If anyone wants to prove otherwise, they should be doing a side by side with controls. Then they can report back to the community what they found. Just my opinion.

14 Likes

I fully appreciate your opinion @hush. Nicely worded. No condescension.

I’ll await the lab results. But for now I’ll stick with the opinion of the folks that smoke mine whether I’m doing it right lol

6 Likes

I’m somewhat of that opinion as I’ve been really lazy having dried fresh bud in the greenhouse. And, I don’t know if there is a difference. At least not obvious to me. The temperature, humidity, and airflow seems to be more important. Then a more controlled cure. But, I’m also not uber critical other than harshness.

Doing a controlled experiment or referencing a blind study would be interesting.

10 Likes