Dual Outlet Timer with 2 Independently Programmable Outlets

Hey y’all wonderful folks!

I’m trying to find a reliable 2 outlet timer with independently programmable plugs and while I’ve found a few options via online sales, I would greatly appreciate and value the opinions given by anyone with good or bad experiences with any unit of this type.

I’m running 2x Mars Hydro TSL-2000’s, so the other catch is that some timers don’t fully cut the power to the fixture resulting in a “Starry sky” effect, (aka: leds still glow even though the power is “cut”), which adds to my wanting an actual users opinion. :sweat_smile:

ENDGAME:
Plug 1: Daytime running lights
Plug 2: Deep Red LED puck @ 30min before & after lights off.

I could set up a secondary timer but really would rather just streamline all of this.

I found this as an example of what I’m looking for on “Ah-moo-zoom”:

Thanks for any advice!

3 Likes

A word of caution.
I have a small box of digital timers… because I went back to mechanical analog units.
The problem I had was the slightest glitch on the power lines totally trashed their programming.

If you want to go digital, I’d suggest looking at aquarium equipment. You will pay more but you will be getting better quality hardware.

Cheers
G

7 Likes

Can’t verify on the aquarium digital timers but the normal digital ones always seem to die off for me too

2 Likes

@Gpaw @Deadinside88 thanks! The more I’m looking into this the more it’s seeming like a saner idea to just commit a secondary mechanical timer for this purpose and deal with any of the slight differences between the two. I’m sure there are mechanical versions out there for agriculture but I don’t think it’s worth the $$$ needed to get that high end. :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I use one of these. They are $20 on amazon.

https://www.kasasmart.com/us/products/smart-plugs/kasa-smart-wifi-outdoor-plug-kp400

4 Likes

Lol nothing fancy or expensive here, I use the zoo-med mechanical timer/power strip for mine currently. No clue what it cost but does the trick(unless I bump it and change timing)

I have a bunch of wifi smart plugs for all my different things in there, 1 for main lights ( 2 ts1000 and a 315 cmh), 1 for the initiator puck, 1 for my uv supplement, 1 for the sprout/clone cabinet, 1 for the heat mat in the sprout cab. I love them, and I haven’t had any starry sky effect with them like I did with a digital timer, which had me back on clicky analogue timers for a few years.

1 Like

Thanks! What brand? And do they require a continuous wifi signal to operate? Or are they programmed via wifi and hold said program if wifi cuts out?

I got Gosund ones on amazon. They hold the program, sometimes tents act like a Faraday cage and don’t like to let signals through, occasionally I have to program mine outside of the tent and then move them in, sometimes its no problem. Makes it a little bit of a pain, but not much.

1 Like

Just bought 3 of these…what happens when the power goes out do they go back to normal timing when the power is restored? :pray:

1 Like

Tbh, Im not sure. I believe it follows the schedule. We lost power during lights on and when the power was returned they were on.

2 Likes

Nearpow timer makes one that I have several of and they are good. Check amazon search “nearpow dual timer”

1 Like