Dungeons Vault Genetics - Anyone use them?

anyone have any experiences growing DVG seeds out?

before we get into this, i am aware Eric of DVG is on the wrong side of the cancel culture mob™ because of some half-story internet drama.
that being said, i’d prefer to get beyond that and focus on the seeds and subsequent plants they grow out…

reason i am asking this is i have been looking for “Grandpa’s Breath” which may be one of the best (and last) progeny to have come out of Ken’s GDP camp when eric left to form DVG. it’s no longer in the lineup at DVG.
so with this in mind, i am curious if anyone has experience with any of DVG’s other strains. any good? stable? vigorous growth? picky eaters? tasty/potent outcome?

i have some MVP (most valuable purps) from DVG and some freebie purple vapor x snowcap i intend to get to next year in the spring. anyone have experience with either of those? from what i understand the purple vapor male was responsible for many of the modern DVG crosses and was one of the last progeny of grandpa’s breath.

4 Likes

DVG Vietnamese Black preservation project from the fall.Really nice. Edit DFG Seeds !

10 Likes

Never heard of that one.
Mighty donkey dick cola!
Was it a Finicky eater? How many weeks to finish?

2 Likes

I think I fed it once with masterblend. It started to flower in Sept after the other plants and I chopped it Nov 10.

do you grow primarily outdoors?

1 Like

Yes outdoors and in ground.

1 Like

i have yet to do completely in-ground.

do you prep your plant holes each year off season? i have seen some monsters in some of your photos.

1 Like

I grow cannabis and a huge garden, I won’t be prepping anything this season. I’m not even uncovering my beds.

5 Likes

same.

coming out of the buckets and into raised beds this year for my vegetables.
gotta figure out how to get cucumbers to survive the texas sun. :thinking:

got all the lumber for the bed frames. just need a weekend unburdened with “honey do” list(s). :wink:

2 Likes

Plant Cucumbers among your tomatoes and squash for shade. My wife’s mother has great Cucumbers in almost full shade at the base of her hedges. The vines run up into the sun.

4 Likes

i’m hoping part of the trick is just getting out of the buckets. i also have some burlap type shading i’m going to employ.

i typically do grow the cucumbers near the tomatoes (and pole beans). they’re all tall and dwarf most of the other stuff i grow. they stay in the back where they don’t shade out the other plants.

going to try and do the strawberries again for the wife. have some space just opened up the dogs can’t get in. score!

4 Likes

Getting into the ground Will help 100 percent for heat and moisture consistency. Mulch well and with squash I always give a spray of pyrethrin right on the base of the plant before fruit set. It keeps the beetles down.

3 Likes

you got a healthy lookin’ garden.
do you ever do berry bushes? i have (had) blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. also do grapevines along the alleyway fence. two varieties so far. have 3 more varieties that survived the winter in buckets (wanted their root systems rock solid before digging them in - been topping them for the last 2yrs). they will get planted in the ground this spring.

growing food rocks.

now i gotta figure out honeybees. need a supply of fresh honey for my mead. :wink:

i’ll snap a picture of my small garden space tomorrow. (i wish i had space like yours… one day)
it’s been built up over the years to keep the dogs, then squirrels and birds out (the wildlife is savage here in the 'burbs). going to tear down the bucket platforms and turn them into raised beds. will give me less crops but hopefully the quality and yield increases with the direct to ground method.

3 Likes

Yes, I have grown Grandpa’s Breath. One of the best smokes ever. I still have most of the pack. I have seen Geandpas Breath for sale at seed banks within the past few months.

3 Likes

I get Blueberries from my dad’s place. He had many fruit trees , figs and berries . I mainly do annual vegetables at my garden.

2 Likes

cool. thanks for the response/report.
ever considered doing a seed run with those?

if you don’t mind, which seedbanks did you see them avail? i never see them in stock in my regular haunts.

1 Like

Isn’t it @dragonsflamegenetics that did the VB preservation, not DVG?

2 Likes

This is very possible, I removed the glass vial from the pack to store them and promptly forgot the makers.lol

1 Like

You won’t find it in stock at banks unless it’s not DVG gear. There is a pack on strainly at the moment. Good luck!

I don’t know much about them other than I’ve heard he’s a jerk and I prefer to grow seeds from non jerks :joy: Good luck in your quest!

3 Likes

I’m not a jerk and I’m doing a seed increase this season. If successful I shall return here…The DFG guy was on the other site, I thought he was a nice guy?

2 Likes