DWC 400w HPS: Northern Lights – White Widow

Hi there @Robin, for this setup the 8 inch net pots were filled with hydroton. I filled the buckets with water to about 1/2 inch (1cm) from where the bottom of the net pot suspended over the bucket. You could filled them right to the bottom of the net pot if it is easier. Once the roots start coming out the bottom the water level can be allowed to drop as the roots grows into the water. How saturated the hydroton becomes will be dependent on how powerful your air pump is and what air stone(s) you use.

I used a 16 ga solid needle to punch a hole through the plastic and then screwed the eye hook in, once secured, I tied off the plant.

5 Likes

Nice one Roux, cheers… I was going to do a scrog but looking at your results, maybe training is the way to go :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

It is really whatever works for you in the end. I’m sure you can get equal results with scrog (maybe even better). You can even have each buck with its own little scrog attached to the net pot using posts.

I wish you good luck in your journey, take lots of pictures and ask lots of questions :grin: and welcome to one of the best cannabis communities on the net. :+1:

2 Likes

Hello everybody!

WOSA:

Air Temp Day: 75f / 24c
Air Temp Night: 65f / 18c

Humidity Day: 30%
Humidity Night: 30%

Water Temp Day: 76f / 24c
Water Temp Night: 72f / 22c

Water Amount: 3.3 gallons / bucket
Water Type: Reverse Osmosis (0-1ppm)
Water PH: 5.7 (adjusted)
Water PPM: 1200 +/- ppm
Water Nutes: FloraMicro / FloraGro / FloraBloom / RapidStart / Floralicious Plus / CALiMAGic / Armor SI / Diamond Nectar / Liquid KoolBloom / H2o2

Plant Duration: Veg: 60 days / Flower: 44 days
Canopy height: NL = 18 inches (46cm) , WW = 20 inches (51cm)
Plant Diameter: NL = 24 inches (61cm) , WW = 21 inches (53cm)

10 Likes

Thanks for sharing, those are beautiful! :relaxed:

1 Like

Amazing Training there.

2 Likes

Nice lasso on that plant.

Abundant harvest it looks.

Like a lot.

1 Like

Thanks guys, It took a lot of work to do. I love LST training, with adjustments made everyday or every other day training throughout veg you transform the plant. I think its going to pay off, the 2x4 tent is 85% full with only 2 plants. Happy these DWC buckets carried these plants all throughout veg and flowering with reliable and predictable responses.

The Northern Light plant is really starting to chunk up, however the white widow has not yet. I feel the NL will finish in a couple weeks where as I feel the WW will take 3 - 4 weeks. The smell is intensifying everyday and it leave that thick sickly sweet bud smell on your hands and clothes when fiddling with the plants.

Looking forward to that last weeks in their life cycle. Its always the best when you get to see the final product form.

2 Likes

They look truly fantastic. Made my Sunday!

2 Likes

You have such well behaved girls. After seeing your results I have stared early LST on my plants and the results even in small pots are insane compared to what would occur naturally.

They explode with no stunting and no need to TOP or FIM, so glad I stumbled on your space…

1 Like

Well sadly this is the last WOSA update as this was flush week.

WOSA:

Air Temp Day: 73f / 23c
Air Temp Night: 68f / 20c

Humidity Day: 45%
Humidity Night: 45%

Water Temp Day: 74f / 23c
Water Temp Night: 70f / 21c

Water Amount: 3.3 gallons / bucket
Water Type: Reverse Osmosis (0-1ppm)
Water PH: 5.7 (adjusted)
Water PPM: 75 +/- ppm
Water Nutes: FloraKleen

Plant Duration: Veg: 60 days / Flower: 55 days
Canopy height: NL = 20 inches (51cm) , WW = 20 inches (51cm)
Plant Diameter: NL = 24 inches (61cm) , WW = 21 inches (53cm)

My original thought was that these plants were weeks out, however they are right on time. Harvest day ended up being the night of the 55th day in flowering for these 2 lovely plants.
The trichomes ended up being:

• 10% clear
  • 80% milky
  • 10% amber

The NL grew vigorously with speed and valor in the DWC bucket. It was super easy to do LST and provided a fun plant to grow out. The last couple weeks were the best to see the buds plump and crystals exploded all over the plant. It offered an intense grassy-pine citrus smell throughout the whole grow.

I have been pleasantly impressed with growing both of these strains, however at first I was very impressed with the white widow but now chopping it down I didn’t see it plump as much as the northern lights. But none the less the WW was tough. The stalks were very sturdy. This plant had a high resistance to stress. Everything I threw at this plant it took in stride, truly amazing hardy plant. Like I said it didn’t plump as well as the NL and the crystal were smaller, but still saturated in crystals. It would blast your nose with a very potent smell of sugary strawberries fermenting in a dead skunks body, (yeah I know right) Truely a very pungent smell of definite goodness.

These macros I have saved throughout the last 3 weeks. I have a bunch but these are the ones I liked the most, they are roughly from day 43 of flowering. Just thought to include these as I don’t see them to often in grow threads.

Alright now to the chop, It took me 12 hours (with stoner breaks included) to do both plants. I like to manicure them nice and close to the bud as I make hash with the sugar trim. I also like to take as much stem away as possible as just to end up with the buds. It was bittersweet, I loved growing these plants as it rekindled my relationship with cultivating cannabis from all those years ago. But also I was excite because these buds are going to be :fire:

If you are wondering I use 3 foot paper roll to trim and keep my bud on during manicure and drying. It took 3 days to dry in a dark 68 F and 20% RH room then into the jars they went. Here are the number for the weigh in

Northern Lights: 80g
White Widow: 52g
Bubble Hash: 5g

Total 137 grams harvest

Not bad for only two plants.

Thanks for joining me on this adventure. Stay tuned for next weeks season finale “The Last Update” were I will provide the cured smell and smoke report. Peace OG’ers :v:

10 Likes

With the bad news, comes the good news.

Looks like you are going to have a nice harvest.

99%

2 Likes

very impressive training job on those, cant wait to hear how she smokes :thumbsup:

2 Likes

@Roux you nailed it. What a show. Some of your pics are very godly :drooling_face: ! Looking forward to your next thread.

Cheers brother!

2 Likes

Thanks for the support. As far as baseline grows go, this one went great. Glad I was able to document it and share with you fine folks.

For using DWC all through the grow was extremely educational and prepares me to make the next steps…BIG plans coming for new location by end of February!

4 Likes

wow can’t wait to see what you come up with @roux great show m80 !