Katz third attempt

Hey OG.

So I am a newb and can’t post all the pics and shout out to whom I want shout out so I am going to split this post.

Thought it was time to start a grow diary. I have been lurking in the shadows since og 1. It was really the reason I started trying to grow, and the reason I stopped haha. I didn’t think I could do it without all your help. Anyways I finally signed up and am going to start out my first diary on OG 2.0. So let’s get started.

Now where to start. My equipment, I have got myself a tent and light off amazon to start, would love to try those solstrips a lot of people are raving about. I am using those cloth 5 gallon bag pots with organic pro mix I got at Canadian tire. Hope that’s not bad dirt to use. I have a little 6" fan to move the air around.

To go a bit more into detail. The tent is 32"x32"x60" I don’t have anything to take air out or pull air in. Right now I have been opening the window in the room and leaving the two big vents open. The tent with the lights on seems to rock about 32*c which I thought was a little high. There is a window in the room that I’ve been opening to try and get the temp down but can’t seem to get it lower than 30. Lights out the tents around 25.

The light is this https://www.amazon.ca/Hydropics-Spectrum-Hydroponics-Greenhouse-package/dp/B0756BVJ7Y/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1539145169&sr=8-3&keywords=bloom+grow+800w&dpID=41Bpya4by2L&preST=SY300_QL70&dpSrc=srch not to sure what it is I should say here. Lights have always been a bit confusing for me.

I ordered some mega crop and there stuff for flowering. It’s still in the mail and should be coming soon, unless someone has had problems getting it to Canada.

Oh and the girls. Just some bag seed I got, if I am not mistaken the taller one is a feminized bc bud depot pinewarp buddy had a plant herm on him and I got a couple seeds from it. The other is a rando purple strain I got off another buddy. I really want to grow something fruity in the future. Humboldt lemon Thai kush has had my eye. I would also love to try one of those strains that have the multi coloured leaves like @Subcool alchemy.

I don’t think I have anymore details. I have a couple pics from my iPad when we get into flower time I will use my g/f’s cannon so we get some better shots for you all. I guess I forgot to mention I forgot to purchase my bottle of LIFTA seed sprouter. I popped these seeds way beck at the end of August. Didn’t have anywhere to put them but a cat carrier (to keep the cats out) and a 14w led light. Anyways they stayed in there for a little under a month then I got the tent and they have been loving it.

So here is the tent. As you can see my 32" tent is snug as hell in my 33" wide closet lol

15 Likes

one with the door open

12 Likes

so it doesn’t look like I can get more pictures to load I might try again tomorrow here’s the rest of the original post.

Anyways that’s about it for now, I guess I should shout out to @KingGhidora, your tent grow is what I am after. It looked like you did very well, and @ReikoX I love seeing all the things you are up to and the idea of being organic has me very interested.

More to come ladies and gents.

Katz

10 Likes

The ability to post more pictures will come with time. You’ll get there before ya know it @Katz

Can’t wait to see what you got going as you “level up”

Jelly

2 Likes

Welcome @Katz
You have mentioned “Canadian Tire”, the magic words that will bring out any canuck on here.
Do bring out the nice camera; we love pictures.

Good luck with your grow!

5 Likes

That works fine. I see people using it. :+1:

You are off to a good start.

One thing I would try to get done as soon as you can, is a way to move fresh air through the tent. You will need to do that to control temps, humidity, and to give the plants enough fresh air to be healthy. Keep in mind the air you take out of the tent will have a strong smell once the plants get to growing, so carbon filter might also be a good idea.

Be sure that what ever you do does not result in light leaks when the lights are off. That can be very stressful for the plants.

Good luck, and yes, post lots of pics!!

3 Likes

Hey guys,

I see one more of my pics is up today I guess I should have just left the post the way it was. I know I have to vent outside air but do I bring the air in or push the air out, smells not much of a concern, and after chatting with the girlfriend she thinks you’d push it out, but I guess my question would be do you need to have flow both ways? Or just run a negative pressure type deal?

And yes good ol Canadian tire. Lots of great buys and tons of shit lol. I am glad to hear promix is ok, I was kind of worried. A lot of the grows I read on here talk about this black gold coco stuff, which I haven’t seen anywhere but I live in the middle of bf nowhere, so maybe it’s not available here. Anyways.

The food has finally arrived. Now I look for suggestions. So do I just mix up a batch and feed it straight. Like I have been hand watering so like if I was to feed them tonight would I just follow the feeding chart. Whip up a batch, and pour away or should I spray bottle it or other? I think for tonight I might just pour away, let me know if that’s wrong.

I am going to go check on the girls now. I’ll come back with pictures.

3 Likes

Glad to have ya here @Katz welcome to OG , lots of helpful peeps here don’t be shy just ask away if ya have questions!

2 Likes

Yep, just mix and water as usual. I would recommend mixing 1/2 dose first, so take the manufacturer’s recommendation and use half as much. Water. Make sure you don’t water too often, it’s the most common mistake. Ive made that mistake too many times to count.

If your plants are doing well at 1/2 dose, next watering, when the dirt has dried up a bunch and the pot feel light, use 3/4 dose. And so on…

I am not sure whether that promix benefits from watering to runoff or not, and whether it needs a break in feeding. Some people alternate waterings with pure water and waterings with food. Hopefully someone experienced with promix will chime in

1 Like

Hey big guy thanks for all the help, I was wondering that myself, whether or not to soak the girls or just give 'em a pre determined amount, tonight I was too quick and didn’t get your message about half dose which I am now thinking I read in another diary. They only got a 500ml serving and the pot seems about 1/3 soaked, like if I added another litre she would be soaked no doubt. Anyways. Got some pics of the girls. The taller one is having a little trouble right now with some yellowing

3 Likes

4 Likes

The little purple girl is doing good, short, tight node spacings if that’s what it’s called lol

Oh and one last thing I guess. I finally tried out my TDS meter. So my tap water which is kind of rusty was rocking 180ppm and when I made up the food it was 522ppm I don’t know if this helps to know if I am on the right track or not. There’s a lot I must learn. Anyways thanks again everyone for the help so far.

Katz

Ps should Canadians sign off with a big 9:17 I know it doesn’t ring of the tongue like 4:20 but common it’s gonna be legendary lol

4 Likes

one more

3 Likes

The ppm seems pretty good so far, which meter are you using? Some are 500 scale and some are 700 scale, it’s important to know which one it is on. Easiest is to use EC scale (elecreical conductivity).

That drooping is looking a lot like a sign of too much water. When the roots are soaked, the uptake of certain nutrients is restricted, so the plants can exhibit signs of magnesium, calcium, and other deficiencies. Adding nutrients will only make things worse. If you have been watering them a lot, like every day, stop for 4,5,6,8 days, until the soil is dry AF.

You got this sir

2 Likes

Looking good. That first girl is likely hungry, good to feed like you did. If they take the full dose OK, stay with it. The PPM seems reasonable for this stage of growth.

1 Like

Well it’s been a busy day here at the house so I am going to do a small update before bed. So i checked the girls around 6:30 7:00 (that’s four hours before lightsout) and they looked awesome no droopy. But when I checked again at like 10:30 11:00 the tall one was droopy again, so I am not sure what the problem is. And boy they sure do grow a bunch when you feed them, I wish I had used my calliper yesterday before the food. I would have loved to have seen how much it grew. Anyways pics tomorrow. Have a good day/night

Katz

2 Likes

Plants will also droop when nearing lights out time. It’s nothing to be concerned about :+1:

3 Likes

Some good news before bed. Perfect thanks for the tip.

2 Likes

Let’s try this again
So day 9 in the tent day 45ish total first feeding day before yesterday, no water yesterday. And this is how they look Mrs tall is still yellow will that ever change back or is it forever yellow? Mrs shorts doing well

The middle picture is the instructions for my tds meter it was mentioned above something about ppm500 or 700 I couldn’t figure out what this was telling me so I figured I’d ask.

2 Likes