Easy Bubblehash

Well its official, will give this method a shot.

11 Likes

Good luck with your extraction bud!! :facepunch:

tell us how it was later :facepunch:

4 Likes

Will do. Succeed or fail, I will share my experience :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This is a great thread @Oldjoints ! After drying for a few hours, why do you put it in the freezer until used? I’ve been doing your method pretty similarly for years, but have always dried it out for many days and then just stored in a cool dry place.

2 Likes

It keeps it fresher and helps retain the terp profile. Leaving it out also makes it hard and harder to use.
Once I take a chunk out I leave it in my cleaning box to smoke until I want another one.

3 Likes

A notable and informative Bubble Thread from a master of the craft, @JoeCrowe. This is how he makes his award winning hash.

7 Likes

You won’t be disappointed :grinning:

2 Likes

Finally got around to making a batch of bubble hash. I got a 32 gal 8 bag set (rosin evolution)

I ended up mixing all the microns together besides the first one full of contaminants but might consider separating the grades in the future when I’m more comfortable with what I’m doing.

a few things really bothered me about making this batch. I have 2 garbage bins. One for the work bag to do the mixing and another with the remaining 7 bags to pour through after. My issue is that when the bin with the work bag is full of ice and water and weed it floats up from the bottom which I found insanely annoying. It made it near impossible to actually mix hard. I was worried about ripping a hole in the bag on my first batch with it so I had to be gentle. The bags don’t really sink down to the bottom or the sides. When I start mixing it I would start getting tangled in the bag and have to stop. I see people putting a second bin inside one with a hole in it but I don’t want to have to spend another 50 dollars on a brute if I don’t have to plus my bags are all mesh would kinda defeat the purpose.

Little on the dark side but some of my material is pretty old. I ended up just mixing all the grades besides the first shitty one together. It’s now sitting in the freezer to hopefully dry that way. Hope it doesn’t take too long smells nice and fruity. I did 2 washes. The second wash was barely worth the extra effort though got like 1/3 or less of the first run.

I suspect my ice to water ratio might be off and I might not be running enough weed in my bucket. I ran roughly 1-1.5 lb of trim and some scraggly nugs. I feel like with 32 gal I could be doing bigger batches but the floating bag situation really bothered me. No idea how much ice to put and how full to fill the water. I heard some places that the water current is what breaks off the trichs not necessarily being rough af with it but I feel like I could improve.

I also feel like some might get through the bags when I spray them with the hose before spooning it out. I also notice after pouring through the bags the water is still very dark/brown red and smell very goood. I tried putting this through the bags to be safe and got next to nothing so my guess is this is water +water soluble terpenes or something?

I hope to get an oz but hard to gauge with the moisture still. More would of course be better.

7 Likes

Don’t do the mixing in the workbag mix in your tub or pail then pour into the bags . Saves wrecking your work bag .

7 Likes

That’s good to know. I always see folks mixing in the bags. So you stack the bags, mix in a bucket and than pour the material though?

6 Likes

That is the safest way.

3 Likes

Makes sense to me. Than you can beat the daylights out of the bud with the mix to get all the trichomes and just dump and rinse the bucket into the first bag. Glad someone pointed it out though as all the vids I have seen show them mixing in the bags. I guess you could but why chance it and have to buy new bags.

7 Likes

The mixing gets boring so its easy to zone out and get a little reckless. :laughing:

5 Likes

It depends a lot on the bags you are using. The Bubbleman bags are heavy duty, plus there are grades of bags you can get off him. If you are using the cheaper brands mixing it up separately and then running through the bags is a good idea. The 5 gallon bags I have are the highest grade he makes and I have been mixing in my work bag for 3 years now without any damage to the work bag at all. A lot of the knock-off brands I wouldn’t mix in the bag and do as suggested on the above posts. But I have also only used the 5 gallon bags so can’t speak to any of the other sizes.

5 Likes

Dont do that! You will end up with green hash. You can over do it. You just want trics to break off and sink.

10 Likes

with a few tweaks to the process, you can definitely crank out some prize winning bubble hash.

12 Likes

I will have to read your thread and see how you are doing it………

4 Likes

Definitely! Feel free to take any ideas there and become better than me :smiley:

3 Likes

Well thank you. Doubt I will be better then you but better I hope!
I am always down for learning new tricks…….

3 Likes

If you have time to read a novel-length string of postings I start with “my bubble hash making tech” where I make it the old fashioned way and lose the contest. Then I transform by making freeze dried hash and winning the contest. After that I’m onto “hash making revisited” where I start out by reviewing the method I used to win the contest. Then going nuts on the rosin press :wink:

9 Likes