Edibles help please

That’s crazy because I took this recipe from a famous baker and just added canna butter

Pretty sure you need to add egg to flour to make it “harmful” to the gut lol

Butter does make a better baked item especially if your not a fan of coconut oil .

I find the infused coconut oil stores a lot longer than butter unless you store it in the freezer then not a problem.

Just keep in mind the amount of oil you use some gets lost in the process if I use 2 cups I might loose half a cup or a bit less into the weed at the finish .

Those look really good. How much kief to butter do you use when making canna butter

No, it’s raw and has ecoli regularly. Pillsbury even says not to consume raw flour.

I’m a chef, it’s my business to know this stuff

"The Food and Drug Administration recently made a perhaps surprising recommendation: Don’t eat raw flour.

The warning issued last week came in response to an outbreak of E. coli that has sickened at least 42 people in 21 states since December. The FDA tracked the outbreak to a batch of General Mills flour sold under the brand names Gold Medal, Gold Medal Wondra and Signature Kitchens, triggering a recall.

Most people who read the recommendation probably already knew they weren’t supposed to eat cookie dough because of the raw eggs in it (though people donꞌt always do what theyꞌre supposed to do). But the flour recommendation was flummoxing, particularly because of the FDA’s explanation: Flour is a field food, the agency said in a June 28 consumer update. If pathogens get into the wheat plants while they are growing in a field — via wild animal waste, for example — they’ll stay in through the milling process."

And I was wrong, wondra isn’t safe either

2 Likes

It’s been a few years since I’ve made canna butter (I like making weed milk now)
But I’m pretty sure I’d use an ounce of trim and popcorn nugs for every pound of butter…?? I think that’s how I was doing it…in the crockpot.

How much canna butter and what was your starting amount of weed you used ? Sounds like a good recipe to try.

I guess the unbaked flour thing could be a negative but…hate to say I’ve had lots of unbaked cookies, brownie batter, cakes. Never got sick but I guess there is a first time for everything

I’ve made them at least 20 times with no issues and it’s a recipe from a well known baker who mentions in the original recipe that eggs is what you would have to worry about. But there are no eggs in this no bake recipe so it’s completely safe

1/2 -3/4 of a cup in the cookie dough and just a little table spoon for the frosting

1 Like

Right but what was the starting amount you used to make the butter a oz to a lb of butter?

Lecithin, the word you’re looking for is lecithin, please do NOT use Lithium :joy:

8 Likes

Lol spelling error thanks for catching that

4 Likes

420 Root Beer Float Fudge bites-

·3/4 cup of Canna Butter (I use 50 grams of trim/popcorn nugs per LB. of butter)
·1 cup of heavy Cream
·2 cups of Granulated Sugar
·2-1/2 cups of white chocolate marcels
·1-1/2 cups of Marshmallow CREAM
·3 tsp of Root Beer Concentrate
·1/2 tsp of vanilla extract (optional)
·Pinch of salt (optional)

Instructions-

1. In large saucepan, heat sugar, butter, salt and cream until combined. Bring to a boil and stir continuously for 4 minutes.
  2. Remove from heat. Quickly stir in white chocolate and marshmallow. Whisk in vigorously until smooth, be patient this will take a couple minutes. Using an electric mixer yields best results.
  3. Pour half of mixture into a parchment paper lined 13x9 baking dish. To remaining fudge, whisk in root beer concentrate. Stir until combined. Pour over white fudge. Using a knife, swirl the two together. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. I personally like to add fresh marshmallows before refrigeration. I just press one in half way into the mix every inch or so (so almost every bite has a marshmallow on top). Cut into bite size pieces and enjoy. Tastes great cold!
4 Likes

50 grams to a pound of butter!!

It’s been a few years since I’ve made it… I’m looking for my old recipes that I posted on Rollitup back in the day lol
Found my root beer float recipe. Those are fire too :fire: :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

That’s kinda the norm 1 oz to a lb
50 grams is good too

1 oz kief per lb of butter?

1 Like

I like space cookies so I always made my edibles strong. Like you smell it in your shit strong lol or wake up and feel like you almost slipped into a coma strong!

2 Likes

No, maybe 1/3 of that for Kief

I always used decarbed popcorn nugs and trim

Ok, I’m telling you as a chef that you are wrong. Do not eat raw flour. I’ve cooked for 2 presidents, countless celebrities, professional sports teams (we had a contract for the redwings and fed them before all home games) and worked for an iron chef for 2.5 years. Do not eat raw flour , I’ve linked fda and other reputable sources including flour manufacturers that say do not eat raw flour.

If you still want to do it go ahead, but you have the information you need to make smart and safe decisions here. Go ahead and follow what this “very well known baker” says.

https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/about/products/docs/flour-safety

7 Likes